Chapter 7

Ripped Fate [ON HIATUS]

Taehyung's eyes finally met Seokjin's.

Seokjin can see that he is as shocked as him. It felt almost impossible. They were both frozen to the ground, unable to move and only staring at each other.

But Seokjin had to snap out of it. He was the first one to move, to run away. That brings Taehyung back to his senses as well.

After months of trying to determine where Seokjin had gone, only to find him unexpectedly here, Taehyung is not letting him leave.

"Seokjin!"

He sprints after him, catching up quickly. Taehyung almost leaps to catch Seokjin into his chest, his arms trapping him in.

Suddenly, Seokjin stomps on his foot. Taehyung hissed and only tightens his hold, surprised that the latter could make such actions. Even so, Seokjin went pretty strong, thrashing to try to escape.

Taehyung buries his face into the side of Seokjin's neck. It seems to stop Seokjin from struggling. When they were calmer, Taehyung murmurs into Seokjin's skin.

"What did I do?"

Seokjin's arms drops to his side. Taehyung continues, "Why did you leave without a single word? Did I do something wrong?"

He loosens his arms. Seokjin didn't try to run again. He slowly turns to face Taehyung. It feels like years since he has last seen his face.

"Taehyung," Seokjin looks away from the hurt eyes of the other. "I couldn't stay at the farm."

"Why is that? I wanted you to stay," Taehyung places a hand on Seokjin's head, finger threading through his soft hair.

Seokjin didn't answer. He just couldn't.

"Come back," Taehyung whispers. "I've missed you."

Seokjin felt the love in those words. He squeezes his eyes shut. "Taehyung, I can't."

"Why?" Taehyung sounds a bit frustrated. Seokjin is hiding something from him. He feels like the entire world is keeping a secret from him.

"Because you should be with Jimin," Seokjin concludes.

Taehyung exhales. "So it was because of Jimin."

"You..." Seokjin wasn't sure if Taehyung knew the truth or not.

"I knew he was hiding something from me. He keeps saying that there's nothing, but I haven't felt confident in him," Taehyung explains. His eyes stares at Seokjin again. "What did Jimin do?"

Seokjin's voice hitched at the back of his throat. In the end, he didn't know how to describe the situation.

"Seokjin, I know that Jimin likes me," Taehyung says and Seokjin perks up. "But I don't feel the same towards him."

"You don't?" Seokjin watch Taehyung's shoulders slump. "You're so close with him though."

"That's true. We've been childhood friends, which is why I feel so bad about rejecting him. I've hurt him so much. But I have a reason," Taehyung takes Seokjin by his shoulders. "I don't love him..."

Seokjin's heart never raced this fast before. Taehyung looked at him with such intensity, it made him nervous for his next words.

"I-"

Taehyung gets interrupted when someone pulls Seokjin away. He turned and saw who it was.

"Is there a problem here?" Jungkook asked, eyeing Taehyung suspiciously.

"Seokjin, who is this?" Taehyung looks directly at Jungkook. A blunt atmosphere settled in.

Seokjin wasn't sure what's going on between the two. "Erm.... Taehyung, this is Jungkook. Jungkook, this is-"

"Kim Taehyung, you're previous boss," Jungkook finishes. Somehow, there's a tone in his voice that Seokjin never heard from him before.

"Yes," he stammers. Jungkook already knows about Taehyung since Seokjin has talked about him a few times.

He also knows about Seokjin's feelings for him. He doesn't know what took over him; he wants Seokjin to be happy, but why doesn't he want him to stay with Taehyung any longer? 

"I think it's time for us to go," Jungkook pulls Seokjin with him.

"No, wait!" Taehyung grabs Seokjin's other arm. "I still need to talk to him."

Jungkook looks at Seokjin for his response. Seokjin thinks about it. He just saw Taehyung again, and so out of the blue too. He's scared to go back to the farm because Taehyung isn't always there. He feels safer at Jungkook's house, with Jungkook.

"Taehyung, we can talk sometime later," Seokjin says. Taehyung felt hurt. He needed to tell Seokjin something very important.

"What if I don't see you again?"

"I will see you again. I promise I will," Seokjin's hand squeeze his hand with assurance. "You can find me again by talking with Yoongi."

With that, Seokjin nods at Jungkook and they leave, hand in hand. At the sight, Taehyung wanted to run over and separate them. Has Seokjin already found someone he loves?

He wanted to do something, but he couldn't. He just stood there, taking things in until a voice spoke to him.

"I see that you've finally found Seokjin," Yoongi munches on some blueberries that Seokjin packed.

~~

Jungkook sits outside his house that evening, leaning against a tree. He has to admit, he didn't expect Taehyung to be handsome. Not to mention, Seokjin looked very good with him too.

Speaking of, ever since they got home, Seokjin has been cooped up in his room. Jungkook lets him be, knowing that he is probably thinking about Taehyung.

He started to think about his own feelings. He loves Seokjin, he wants him to be happy, and as he realizes just now, most of all.... he wants Seokjin to be with him.

Jungkook shakes the thought away. 'No, this isn't right. Seokjin doesn't even love me like I love him.'

~~

Jimin flinched when the door to the house slams open and shut. He prepares himself, thinking that it must be Yoongi coming again to annoy him.

"Jimin, come here." It was actually Taehyung. "We need to talk."

Jimin would've been excited to see him, only if it weren't for the fact that Taehyung didn't sound too happy.

"Yes?" he says as he enters the same room.

Taehyung stood with his back facing him. "Jimin, I know what you did."

Jimin frowns. He didn't quite understand what he was referring to. Unless...

"Yoongi told me. Everything," Taehyung turns and Jimin saw the anger behind his eyes.

"Taehyung, I-"

"I thought you accepted me loving Seokjin," Taehyung's brows furrowed. "I thought you were supportive..." Jimin then sees that along with the anger, there was also a hint of... betrayal.

"Tell me, did you really force Seokjin to leave?" Taehyung says in a quieter voice, like a part of him still believes that Jimin could never do such thing.

Jimin, who didn't realize that his fists were clenched, feels a tear roll down his face. This is it for him. Taehyung already hates him.

"Yes."

Taehyung already knew the answer, but to actually hear Jimin admit it left him in disbelief.

Jimin turns his head to the side, angry at himself for looking so pathetic in front of Taehyung. He wipes the tears away roughly but that didn't do much since more tears streamed down.

"Leave."

Jimin's eyes widened when Taehyung points to the door. He wanted to say something, defend himself, but he knows that it wouldn't do a single thing. Even so, he wanted to try.

"No, Taehyung..." Jimin walks towards him. "I don't want to leave." He wants to stay with Taehyung, to live with him.

When he placed his hand on Taehyung's arm, the latter pushes him away, shunning him.

"I'm telling you to leave, Jimin," Taehyung said, more firmly too. Jimin didn't obey, only begging him to let him stay.

Taehyung picks him up since he wouldn't move. He ignores the pleads that Jimin cries out as he is carried to the gate of the farm.

Once he is placed back on the ground, Jimin crumpled at Taehyung's feet. He holds on to one of his legs, still refusing to leave.

"Please, Taehyung. Don't make me leave."

Taehyung hates how Jimin is like now. He doesn't want this to be harder.

"Jimin," he crouched until he can see Jimin's tear stained face. "You have to leave. It's not just for me, but also for you."

"I can't leave. I love you!" Jimin sobs as he kicks around, dirtying his pants.

"This is exactly why you need to go!" Taehyung yells. "I'm mad at you for what you did. I told you this already but I will say it again. I care about you, but I don't love you the same way. Can't you respect that?"

There was a pause. Only Jimin's hiccups can be heard.

Taehyung sighs, "You can't keep doing this. Don't anchor yourself to me. Until you're doing better, I think it's best that we don't see each other."

Standing up, Taehyung pulls himself away, leaving Jimin crying on the ground outside of the farm. The gate creaks until it closes.

~~

Jungkook knocks on the door to Seokjin's room before opening it cautiously in case the elder one is asleep. But he sees him by the window, propped on the windowsill.

"Seokjin, dinner's ready," Jungkook said from the same spot at the door. Usually, Seokjin would help him fix their meals but not tonight.

"Thanks, Jungkook, but I'm not hungry. You go ahead and eat," Seokjin said with his face slightly turned to acknowledge the younger man.

Jungkook, who didn't want Seokjin to go to bed with an empty stomach, steps into the room and to him. He takes his hands, pulling him up.

"Hyung, I don't want to eat alone," he sees Seokjin's tired face. Jungkook pouts, "Besides, the food will taste ten times better when I eat with you."

Seokjin chuckled at his attempted puppy eyes. "You're not going to let me say no?" Jungkook shakes his head honestly.

"Okay, you win. Let's go before our dinner gets cold," Seokjin leads Jungkook out of the room.

Being a gentleman, Jungkook pulls out Seokjin's chair for him. He blushes when Seokjin thanked him warmly with that smile of his.

As they ate, Jungkook can't help but imagine that they were a couple, dining together. A shy smile creeped up to his face.

"Now what's on your mind," Seokjin pokes him when he noticed Jungkook smiling.

"I..." Jungkook pauses, worried about what Seokjin would think of him if he told him about his little imagination. But then, he recalls that Seokjin already knows about his feelings for him.

"I was just thinking about what it would be like if we were... a couple."

Jungkook acts distracted, concentrating on his dish rather than Seokjin's face. The silence that followed made him press his lips together as he hears Seokjin's words from before in his head. He still likes Taehyung.

He accidentally knocks his cup off the table, not realizing how strong his grip is on his fork. Embarrassed, Jungkook quickly grabbed a towel on the kitchen counter to clean up the mess. As he wipes the floor, Seokjin kneels to help him.

"Here, I can help," Seokjin reaches for the towel, his hand touching Jungkook's. When that happened, Jungkook yanks himself away, his bangs hiding his eyes.

He stops moving, making Seokjin confused and worried. Jungkook couldn't get the thought of losing Seokjin out of his head.

"Kookie, what's wrong?" Seokjin tried to look at Jungkook's still half covered face. He was going to lift the boy's face up but Jungkook shocks him first.

Jungkook pulls him into a tight hug, breathing shakily into Seokjin's chest. He's scared at the thought of his hyung leaving him.

He questions himself again; will he really be okay with Seokjin loving someone else? At first he had said yes, but then he confuses himself after seeing Taehyung with Seokjin.

His questions and worries disappeared when he feels a soft hand his hair soothingly. Oh, how he had always loved the way Seokjin comforts him. The younger him would always look forward to the older one's affections.

"Kookie," Seokjin whispers softly. Jungkook can feel his breath against his hair.

"Hyung, I'm so sorry."

"For what?"

Jungkook sits up more abruptly than he intended to. He rubs one eye in frustration. Then, he looks at Seokjin, "For being a selfish person."

"What do you mean? I told you that you are not like that," Seokjin watches him squirm uncomfortably.

"But I am."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because I want you all to myself!"

Jungkook's face turned bright red at this point and he knows that it's no use to hide it now.

"I thought that even if you don't love me back, I'll be alright, as long as you are happy with the person you love," Jungkook sighs. "But I realized, I don't want you to be with anyone else but me."

Seokjin is left with his jaw slightly dropped. Jungkook gets up almost right after that, picking up the towel and throwing it back onto the counter.

"I really love you, even if you already like Taehyung," Jungkook says over his shoulder. He turns away from Seokjin with his back to him. "I've decided..."

Seokjin is still sitting on the ground, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"I've decided... that I'm going to try to make you love me," Jungkook turns back again to look at Seokjin's eyes. "I'm not lying. You're my everything, Seokjin. I can't lose you."

~~

Taehyung looks at the simple rose in his hand. He figured that Seokjin would like it more than a bouquet. Because Jimin forced Seokjin to leave, Taehyung never got the chance to express his feelings. It's obvious, but he never officially told Seokjin that he loves him. It's all going to change soon because Seokjin should be here soon.

But the man that Seokjin was with made him concerned. He didn't look too happy to be introduced to him.

"S-Seokjin!" Taehyung sputters when he saw the man, hiding the rose behind his back as quick as possible. "Y-You're here!"

Seokjin smiles shyly, eyes casting downwards. "Taehyung." It felt like forever since he called him by his name like that.

Taehyung wanted to go and hug him but if he did, he'll reveal the rose. He shouldn't show it so quickly since Seokjin just arrived.

As he stares at the handsome man, Taehyung's heart swells in happiness. Seokjin looked the same, but at the same time, even better. His eyes sparkled more and his cheeks are more rosy than they were before.

He wondered what caused this.

~~

Yoongi watches Jungkook throw rocks into a lake. Each stone skips through the water.

"Interesting..."

Jungkook picks up another rock. He pauses to look at Yoongi. "What is?"

When Yoongi chuckles with a smug smile on his face, Jungkook grew more irritated than he already is. He throws the rock directly at the ground before crouching in front of the lake.

"The expression on your face," Yoongi points out. "I've never seen you like this."

Jungkook leans a bit forward to look at his reflection in the water. When he saw his face, it immediately disappeared as his eyes widen in shock. His hand reached up and touched the right side of his face.

"It's jealousy," Yoongi said from behind him. Jungkook stands up and covers his face.

"I like him," he mumbles into his hands but Yoongi could understand him perfectly.

"So does Taehyung," he said and Jungkook looked a bit confused.

"Are you trying to tell me something? Because I'm not getting the message."

"You know that Seokjin likes him, right?" Yoongi asks.

"Of course. It's one of the first things he told me when he first arrived here."

"Do you know why he wants to talk to Seokjin today?"

Jungkook gave out a heavy sigh, "I'm assuming it's because he wants to persuade Seokjin to go back with him."

"Yes, that. But something else too," Yoongi bites his lips. "He's going to confess to Seokjin. And you already know, Seokjin is also in love with him. Now do the math."

Jungkook pieces the information together. And when he did, he runs off to find Seokjin. His mind races as he asks himself, 'Why am I running?'

~~

For a while now, Seokjin notices Taehyung's hand behind his back. It's been like that since he got there.

"Taehyung, what's that?" Seokjin points at his arm.

Instantly, Taehyung freezes up. But then he realized that he can't hide anymore.

"Seokjin," Taehyung pulls the rose from behind his back. "Before you left the farm, I wanted to tell you something."

Seokjin stares at the flower in Taehyung's hand, trying to keep calm in case he gave himself false hope.

"I just want to tell you that I love you," Taehyung blushes but kept going. "And I want to know your feelings towards me."

Now it's Seokjin's turn to flush bright red. He busies his hands by brushing his hair out of his face. Taehyung sees his reaction as adorable, smiling softly as he waits.

"I-" Seokjin felt embarrassed at how squeaky he sounded. "I like you too," he ends up whispering. Taehyung isn't surprised at this since he's aware that they both liked each other long ago.

"Hmm? Only like?" Taehyung leans closer, pouting a bit.

Seokjin laughs and fixes his sentence.

"I love you too."

Taehyung's hand cups the side of Seokjin's small face. His other hand slides around the handsome man's waist. Up close like this, he saw that Seokjin did indeed grow more beautiful.

He wanted to kiss the man so bad but resisted the urge to do so. They had just confirmed each other's feelings and Taehyung doesn't want to push everything into one day.

"I already asked you this but," Taehyung gazed into Seokjin's eyes. "Come back with me?" Before Seokjin could use his old reason, Taehyung countered, "Jimin left. I've told him to."

"Why?"

"Because I love you, not him," Taehyung explained. "He still loves me but I think he needs a break. After all, he's never been quite the same since I first rejected him."

Seokjin thought about it at first. He wants to return to the farm where he had created loving memories with Taehyung.

"Can I have a few days to think about it?"

Taehyung understood and nods. "Take as much time as you need. I'm just glad that I know where you are now."

Without realizing it, Seokjin had spent the rest of the day with Taehyung. He even got invited to go out for dinner and said yes.

For the most part, he loved holding Taehyung's hand.

~~

Jungkook sits at the dining table alone. An empty chair is across him and an untouched plate is still in the same spot in had been in for almost an hour. Jungkook already ate. He ate after realizing that Seokjin would not be coming home for dinner anytime soon.

Discarding the cold food, Jungkook recalled never finding Seokjin and Taehyung. When he had came back, Yoongi told him where they should be but he decided not to go anymore.

Jungkook washes the plate and clean utensils. The house was too empty, too quiet. Had he already gotten this used to Seokjin living with him?

As he dries his hands, he hears the front door open and close. Seokjin walks into the kitchen with an apologetic smile. "Sorry for being out late. I didn't realize how fast time went by."

Jungkook leans back on the counter, "Have you eaten dinner yet?" He asks this but he already knows the answer.

"Ah, yes. Taehyung invited me to eat with him," Seokjin smiles and Jungkook can see how much he enjoyed being with Taehyung.

"You must be tired, hyung. You should probably call it a day and go to bed."

~~

"Jungkook, come here," Seokjin calls to him. The boy's fast steps is heard from somewhere in the house.

"Yes, Hyung?"

Seokjin smiles at him, "I think you worked hard enough. Why don't you go play for a bit?"

Jungkook looks confused. "But what about you?"

"Don't worry about me. Now, go on." He hurries the boy out, who was hesitant at first.

Jungkook only took a few steps outside then stop. He turns and runs to hug Seokjin quickly before running in the direction of the main circle of the city, which is filled with people.

At first, Jungkook only stood in the corners of food shops, staring at the delicious treats inside. He left after realizing that staring will only make him more hungry and crave more.

So he found his way to the big wishing fountain in the center of it all, sprouting water all around. His eyes scanned the coins under the water, glimmering from the sun. 

The little boy gets an idea.

If he could take these coins, maybe he can get something for him and Seokjin. His hand reached down and right when his fingertips dipped into the cool water, a young voice stops him.

"If you take those coins, you're taking away people's wishes."

Jungkook turns and sees a smaller boy around his age frowning at him.

"I'm taking away their wishes?"

Jungkook sees the boy nod before reaching into his back pocket. He takes his hand out and in it was a silver coin. He gives it to Jungkook, "Here. You can make a wish too."

The young Jungkook's first thought was to run with the money and buy some snacks but dismissed it when he sees that it's too little to purchase anything.

The boy next to him clasped his hands together and closed his eyes. Jungkook watches him mumble something silently before tossing the coin into the fountain. He then opened his eyes with the biggest smile.

"All done. Now you make your wish," he pokes at Jungkook's chest.

"M-Me?"

"Yeah! Why are you so confused? Just make a wish, it might come true," the boy insists.

Jungkook's head felt scrambled as he tries to narrow down his list of what he wants: chocolate, lollipops, toys...

He looks into the fountain and sees his reflection. He's so skinny, he wondered why he is still in shape to walk around.

And that's it.

Jungkook mimicked the boy, putting his hands together. He makes his wish then hears the coin splash into the fountain.

"Woah! It went so far!" The boy exclaims as he tries to look for Jungkook's coin among the many others. "What did you wish for? Actually, don't tell me. My grandpa once told me that if you tell someone your wish, it's not going to come true."

"Not even one person?"

"No one."

The boy asks Jungkook what his name is. When Jungkook asks the same thing back, the boy replied proudly, "I'm Park Jimin. But from how small you are, I must be older than you. You can call me Jimin-hyung."

"Chimmy-hyung."

"No. Jimin-hyung."

"Chimmy-hyung," Jungkook repeats incorrectly.

"Geez, fine. Call me whatever you like," Jimin sighs.

He looks at Jungkook's frail body. "When did your mom make you food?"

"I don't have a mom. I have Seokjin-hyung."

"You have a brother?" Jimin perks up. "What's he like? Is he strong and big?"

"He's nice and very handsome. I wished to be as good looking as him one day."

"You dummy! Now your wish won't come true and you'll be ugly!"

Jungkook shrugs. "Just give me another coin and I'll make another wish then."

Jimin huffs and instead of giving him another coin, he offered to be his friend. And Jungkook said yes.

When Jungkook went home, Seokjin asks how he had gotten food.

Jungkook giggles, "I made a friend and he gave me these!"

"What's his name?"

"Chimmy Hyung!"

"What kind of name is that?" Seokjin laughs.

Jungkook felt very happy with himself when he saw Seokjin enjoying the food.

If he could make another wish, it's to be with Seokjin forever....

..............

... Jungkook wakes up and the first thing that his eyes met was the ceiling. It is still nighttime, he doesn't know what time it is exactly.

Even though the dream he just had is of a good memory, he felt a sense of loneliness and longing. Not a single day passed without Jungkook thinking about Seokjin at least once. 

The floorboards creaked when he swings his legs off the bed and stood up. Though the room is dark, it's light enough for Jungkook to navigate his way out of his room and into the hallway.

He finds himself standing outside Seokjin's door, about to knock. But he didn't want to wake the latter up, so he was going to return to his own room until-

He wants to be near Seokjin.

The doorknob turns and Jungkook is telling himself to go back, respect Seokjin's privacy.

"Jungkook?" A groggy voice so quiet that it was almost unheard made him pause. "Jungkook, is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me," Jungkook hears a sigh of relief from the other, "I'm sorry for startling you. I... just couldn't go back to sleep."

He expected Seokjin to tell him to leave, but it's the opposite.

"Come here," Seokjin says. He is heard shuffling around in his bed. Jungkook stood next to his bed, not sure what he is suppose to do.

"I couldn't really sleep well either," Seokjin sighs sleepily. There is a brief moment of silence until Seokjin says what he really wanted to say.

"I'm actually glad you came in," Seokjin admits. "This might be weird but..."

"You want me to do something?" Jungkook crouched to try to see his face in the still dark room.

"Ah, forget it."

"No, tell me."

Seokjin stayed quiet for a bit, turning over to face the wall. Jungkook was about to take it as a sign that he should leave.

"C-Can you sleep next to me?"

Seokjin is still facing the wall, slightly fidgeting.

"Is that alright with you?" Jungkook wanted to be sure, because honestly, that was why he came here in the first place.

"It's fine. I just remembered how nice it was when we slept together as kids," Seokjin assures him.

Jungkook slides into the bed next to him carefully. He wasn't sure if it's really okay for him to do this. But then again, Seokjin didn't say anything about him and Taehyung being official. Maybe they just spent some time together and nothing else happened.

Seokjin didn't expect Jungkook's arms to circle around his waist. He's a bit confused and flustered, especially when Jungkook leans over his ear, breathing softly.

Sensing that Seokjin isn't sure why he is doing this makes Jungkook upset.

"Hyung, we aren't kids anymore. Did you forget that I'm a man now?"

His arms tighten around Seokjin and he buried his head into the back of the latter's neck.

A few seconds later, Seokjin feels tears on the skin of his neck. He couldn't get his voice to work.

"I know that you have Taehyung in your heart but," Jungkook didn't want to give Seokjin up.

"Could you please give me a chance?"