Chapter 5

Ripped Fate [ON HIATUS]

Seokjin grins when he sees Taehyung sitting outside, kicking the pebbles around him. He can't wait to tell him about his fun night at Yoongi's.

 

"Tae-"

 

"Taehyung!" Jimin's voice cuts him off as he jumps onto Taehyung from behind. He giggles and Taehyung smiles back, asking why he is so cheerful.

 

Seokjin decides not to say anything and begins to bring his things inside. Jimin sees him and waves. He waved back and Taehyung looks forward.

 

"Seokjin," he stands, separating himself from Jimin. "I'm glad Yoongi didn't do anything reckless."

 

Seokjin chuckles at that. He wishes that the two would get along better but at the same time, it's quite funny. 

 

Taehyung lets him settle back. Seokjin went past him and they shared a second of eye contact. It was short, but they both saw something affectionate in each other. When he was gone, Taehyung turns to Jimin.

 

"Jimin, I think I changed my mind," he says. "Seokjin was gone for only one night but it made me so nervous."

 

"Why would you be nervous? He can take care of himself," Jimin raises his brow. There is no need for Seokjin to be taken care of every moment of the day.

 

"But you know how Yoongi is. Although he is only a friend, he made me realize that Seokjin may have admirers in the future. And worse, in the past. I won't mean anything if I don't do something," Taehyung sighs helplessly.

 

"You can't really do anything. Just let him be," Jimin waves him off but Taehyung stood straighter.

 

"No," he says, "I'm going to tell him my feelings. I'm sure he already knows that I like him but I want to say it to his face."

 

Jimin's eyes widen and he panicked. This can not be happening. Taehyung and Seokjin like each other, of course Seokjin won't reject him. Jimin would have to watch as the two can love anywhere and anytime.

 

No, he will not let that happen. He will not watch them be together while he suffers.

 

"That's a great idea!" Jimin fakes a smile. Taehyung seemed to be relax after hearing his friend's response.

 

"You really think so?"

 

"Of course! But," Jimin holds up a hand, "You have to be quick. As you said, he may have admirers that you don't know about."

 

"So today?" Taehyung asks, already planning his speech in his head.

 

"You choose. Just make sure it won't be too late. But I think you should go out, get him a gift or something. Make it romantic," Jimin smirks. "He can't say no to that."

 

Taehyung smiles so wide and hugged Jimin. "I'm so glad you're okay with this."

 

Jimin gently pats his back. "Yeah..."

 

~~

 

Two days passed and Taehyung decides to do what Jimin told him to do. He makes sure that Jimin keeps an eye for Seokjin while he's gone. He certainly doesn't want to come back confident and ready only to see that Yoongi took him out again or something like that.

 

Jimin waits until Taehyung is gone. He peeks out of the house and sees Seokjin taking care of the farm animals like usual. Several minutes pass by and Jimin is sure that Taehyung won't be coming back for a while.

 

Time to work.

 

~~

 

Seokjin was startled when he turns and sees Jimin standing right in front of him.

 

"Oh, Jimin. Do you need something?" he asks. Jimin smiles sweetly but has a different aura around him.

 

"I do." he said. Seokjin waits for him to continue, obviously not aware of what is going to happen.

 

"Look, I'll be straight forward about it," Jimin scoffs. "You have to leave."

 

Seokjin gasps, "Why? What happened? Did something go wrong? Did I do something wrong?"

 

"Seokjin, you're a sweet person. But the thing is, you like Taehyung," Jimin states. He does his best to remain calm and not lash out. If he does, it'll make it difficult to make Seokjin leave.

 

Seokjin blushes. "You know about it?"

 

Jimin laughs, "Who wouldn't? But you see, that right there, is the problem."

 

"A problem?" Seokjin tilts his head. Was he not suppose to have feelings for Taehyung?

 

"Yes. You know that I like Taehyung, do you?" Jimin's eyes locked into Seokjin's wide eyes.

 

Seokjin took a few steps backwards. He thought to himself, 'Taehyung and Jimin are suppose to be a couple. Jimin is probably mad at me for being too close to Taehyung.' He remembered how close and happy they were together. Not to mention, they knew each other for years, why would they not like each other that way?

 

"Do you understand?" Jimin's firm voice held Seokjin in one place. "You have to leave."

 

Seokjin shakes his head at the thought of leaving the farm. "No. Jimin, please don't tell me to leave! I like staying here, where it's safe."

 

"I thought you understood me," Jimin frowns. 

 

Seokjin nods frantically. "I do! I promise I won't talk to Taehyung! I won't go near him!"

 

Jimin smiles at that. "That'll be good but not good enough." Seokjin goes quiet. He doesn't know what Jimin meant.

 

"Even if you don't talk to him, go near him, or even look at him, it doesn't change the fact that you have feelings for Taehyung," Jimin brushed a strand of hair out of his face. He glares at Seokjin. "In case you didn't get the hint, I don't like it when someone else likes the man I love."

 

Seokjin felt like a weak animal as Jimin orders him to not move. He leaves and Seokjin stood still, not sure what to do. Jimin comes back with a messily packed suitcase.

 

"I'm nice. I packed your things for you already," Jimin smiles the way he usually does and shoved the suitcase into Seokjin's chest.

 

Seokjin almost fell backwards but only stumbled. He felt tears filling up his eyes. "Please, don't kick me out."

 

Jimin huffs in annoyance when Seokjin wouldn't move. He stomps over and yanks one of his arms, pulling him towards the gate. Seokjin cries out at the sudden action and struggles to pull his arm free.

 

Jimin pushes him out of the farm, onto the dirt path. He brushes his hands on his pants. Before he turned away, he glanced at Seokjin one last time, "Oh, by the way, don't even think about staying with Yoongi. He lives too close."

 

The gate closed with a loud slam. Seokjin cries on the ground for a few minutes. After taking everything in, he picks up his suitcase and looks around him.

 

No one.

 

Nothing.

 

Just trees and fields of nothing.

 

Seokjin sees the sun; it tells him that he better get going if he doesn't want to sleep outside.

 

After only ten minutes of walking, Seokjin hears someone running after him.

 

"Seokjin!"

 

Yoongi catches up to him. He hugs him and Seokjin bursts into tears again.

 

"I saw what happened," Yoongi said, feeling his shirt got wet. "Come to my farm." Seokjin remembered what Jimin said about that.

 

"It doesn't matter what Jimin says. Your my friend and friends help each other out," Yoongi pulls away and wipes the new tears on Seokjin's face.

 

Even though he wanted to say yes, the thought of Jimin seeing him again scares him. So he shakes his head, refusing the offer.

 

Yoongi groans, almost sounding like he too is going to cry, "Really, Seokjin? Even at a time like this, you're still stubborn."

 

"I'm sorry, Yoongi. But I don't think it's best if I stay here," Seokjin rubs his eyes.

 

"I'll let Taehyung know about this," Yoongi suggests but Seokjin stops him.

 

"Don't try. Jimin wanted me to leave for that reason," he says.

 

After going back and forth about this, Yoongi gives up. He gives Seokjin all the money he currently have on him and writes on a small notebook in his pocket. When he's finished, he tears the small page out and hands it to him.

 

"Here. It's where a friend of mine live, in the next town," Yoongi says. "He's a nice person. Give him this paper and he'll understand that you're also a friend of mine."

 

Seokjin didn't know what to say. He couldn't believe how much Yoongi is still doing for him. He leaps into him again, hearing Yoongi laugh sadly.

 

"Thanks so much, Yoongi."

 

"I'll come check on you whenever I can."

 

~~

 

Taehyung is smiling to himself on the way back to the farm. He hums and even spun a few times. He has become a lovesick man.

 

The cute bouquet of flowers were in his left hand while another gift is in his right hand.

 

He enters the farm and hides the presents behind his back. All he has to do now is find Seokjin.

 

But Jimin comes out of he house with a scared face. Taehyung instantly knew something went wrong.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Taehyung, Seokjin left."

 

"He left?"

 

Jimin nods slowly. "I don't know why. It was so sudden..."

 

Taehyung thinks this through, "But... it doesn't add up. Where would he even go? He's afraid to go out. Unless..."

 

Yoongi clears his throat and Jimin jumps, clearly frightened by his sudden appearance.

 

"Did Seokjin come to you?" Taehyung asked, unaffected by his entrances at this point.

 

Yoongi looks right at Jimin, who tenses up at his accusing gaze. "No. I have not seen him."

 

Taehyung sets the flowers and gifts down. Yoongi sees this and knew that it is suppose to be for Seokjin.

 

"I'm going to go find him," Taehyung says. He stops and turns to Yoongi and Jimin. "Please help me."

 

Yoongi nods, "I'll be right there."

 

Taehyung leaves and Jimin follows, only to be stopped by Yoongi blocking his way.

 

"Excuse me," Jimin says and tried to walk around him. Yoongi will not let him go.

 

"Hmm... I never had a good feeling about you," he said and leans closer. Jimin felt uncomfortable with the small amount of distance between them.

 

"Listen here, pretty boy. Either you spit out the truth to Taehyung, or deal with me," Yoongi says lowly.

 

Jimin is mildly confused and stammers, "I-I don't know w-what you're saying."

 

Yoongi stares at him for a few seconds before smirking. "Let's go search for Seokjin. I highly doubt we're going to find him."

 

Jimin watches him leave. He is confused at his behavior and lack of worry since Yoongi is Seokjin's closest and probably only friend.

 

~~

 

Seokjin took the main road for a bit but then took a detour back into the woods. The worst thing to happen is to come across someone familiar.

 

He jumps slightly at every noise he heard. It doesn't help that he's tired and it's getting darker.

 

He felt more relieved when he sees three men and a woman, all around Seokjin's age walking not too far away. They seemed to be friends, laughing and chatting.

 

They get closer and as they passed Seokjin, two of the guys' eyes followed him. They stopped and told the remaining guy and girl to go on.

 

Seokjin didn't know how to feel when they began to follow him. He sped up after minutes but that only caused them to do the same until one of them ran in front of Seokjin, making him come to a stop.

 

"Hi there, pretty," the one in front said with a playful smile. "Where are you headed?"

 

Seokjin bites his lip nervously. "Um.. I'm just heading over to a... friend."

 

He steps back when the guy comes closer. Seokjin bumps into the guy that he forgot was behind him.

 

"Careful there," he said but holds Seokjin. The other man comes closer. He tilts his face up and Seokjin feels the arms around him tightening.

 

"You're so cute..."

 

"I have to go," Seokjin wishes he spoke with more confidence because his quiet voice seemed to excite the men more.

 

When he got out of their grasps, he is quickly pulled back but off the path and into the trees.

 

At this point, he knew that these guys are bad, so he screams. A hand muffled it and his limbs were held down.

 

Hands began to roam his body and Seokjin shuts his eyes. A pair of lips trails down his neck while a hand slips under his shirt.

 

Seokjin's leg wriggles free and he kicks the nearest guy. He curses but Seokjin didn't have enough time to free the rest of himself. A smack to his face stunned him and the harassment continues.

 

Seokjin tried to numb his mind, his body,  and everything around him became blank. He closes his eyes again and forces himself not to listen to anything.

 

He doesn't know how much time has gone by, but it felt like forever until a different voice, a very worried one too, broke into the space in his head.

 

He finally opened one eye, feeling a tear trickle down his face as his breath stuttered, and saw that it wasn't the two guys just a few moments ago.

 

"Are you hurt anywhere?" a man asks him. He looks a couple years younger than Seokjin, with dark brown hair.

 

Seokjin looks down and his pants weren't on anymore. His shirt had been pushed up to his collarbone and he may or may not have kicked one of his shoes off.

 

The man seemed to finally realize Seokjin's physical state and his face flushed pink. He mumbles an apology before facing away.

 

Seokjin's trembling hands pulled down his shirt and searches for his pants. The man hands a shoe to him, still looking away. Once Seokjin is covered again, the man turns back to him.

 

"Don't worry, they're gone now. With injuries," he says, raising his clenched fist. It looked a bit busted, probably from the fight he had with the guys hurting Seokjin. "What is your name? I want to help."

 

Seokjin examines his face. The man looks kind but after what just happened, he doesn't want to trust him so easily.

 

"I'm..." Seokjin thinks for a second, "Min Yoongi?" He hopes Yoongi won't be mad at him for using his name.

 

"I'm Jungkook," the man says, and Seokjin's eyes flashed.

 

He studied the man's face again. No, he can't be the Jungkook he use to know. This guy only has the same name. There is absolutely no way that Jungkook, who is cute, innocent, and fragile would grow up into the man before him, big, strong, and muscular.

 

"Where are you headed?" Jungkook asks. Seokjin scrambles to get the piece of paper that Yoongi gave him. He gives it to Jungkook.

 

After reading it, he smiles with a small laugh. Seokjin wondered why he found it funny.

 

"So, Min Yoongi," Jungkook looks at Seokjin, "I didn't know that you're also friends with Min Yoongi."

 

Seokjin had to think about what he said for a while minute before realizing. 'Oh... is this the friend that Yoongi is talking about?' He felt like an idiot; now Jungkook knows that he just lied about his name-

 

"I can see why Yoongi wanted to be friends with you," Jungkook smiles, "It must have been such a coincidence that the two of you have the exact same names. I mean, even your surnames are the same."

 

Or not. Seokjin doesn't feel so embarrassed anymore.

 

~~

 

Seokjin sits on a soft chair while Jungkook left to do something. They just had dinner and Seokjin doesn't know if he should tell him his real name. But it's kind of awkward at this point. In the end, he decided to just stick with Min Yoongi since he's sure he won't stay here for long.

 

"Yoongi," Jungkook appears from the hallway. "I got your bedroom ready." Seokjin thanks him and enters the room. It was cozy. Jungkook lives alone and this is an extra room.

 

"You must be tired after today," he leans on the doorframe. "I'll leave you be. If you need anything, don't be shy to come ask."

 

Seokjin thanks him again before the door shuts. He turns and instead of getting in the bed, he goes to the window. It was the only one in the room.

 

Cold air enters when he pushed the glass outwards. He sighed and felt lucky that he had a place to stay for now. But his mind drifted to the farm.

 

What is Taehyung doing right now? Would he be worried?

 

~~

 

Jimin is trying to force Taehyung to sleep. He had been out searching for Seokjin nonstop.

 

Even though Seokjin is gone, Jimin doesn't feel satisfied like he thought he would be. Taehyung had not even properly looked at him. Jimin is tired, he is frustrated, and he is hurt repeatedly.

 

So when Taehyung rambles about needing to find Seokjin another time, Jimin finally snaps at him.

 

"He left because he doesn't love you okay?!! Now stop trying to find him! He's not the only person in the damn world!!"

 

Taehyung went completely silent at Jimin's raised voice. Jimin exhales in anger and leaves the room.

 

He sat outside on a tree stump, upset. Some time went by and just as his anger began to subside, a familiar voice spoke right into his ear.

 

"I personally don't think it's a very clever idea to keep lying to him, Jimin," Yoongi leaps back when he whips an arm at him.

 

"Go away, Yoongi," Jimin growls. "I don't know what you're talking about."

 

Yoongi looked amused at Jimin's lie. "Oh, really?" He walks around him, stopping when he comes back to the same spot.

 

"Just stop it or I'm going to-"

 

"Going to what?" Yoongi's teasing demeanor stops. "Kick me out too?"

 

Jimin freezes. "You..."

 

Yoongi holds him by the collar of his shirt. He watches Jimin's eyes waver from his strong gaze.

 

"I already told you," he says slowly. "Either you tell Taehyung the real story, or deal with me."

 

Jimin is let go and he just watches in silence as Yoongi walks away. He didn't realize how hard he's biting his lip until the pain stung him. He kept repeating the same thing over and over.

 

'Yoongi knows. Yoongi knows. Yoongi knows.'

 

~~

 

Seokjin wakes up when the smell of food slowly makes its way into the bedroom. He stretched in bed and yawns. His legs wobbled a bit when he took his first steps of the day, smoothing down his hair at the same time.

 

The door made almost no sound when he opened it. He did his best to navigate the unfamiliar house and makes it to the bathroom first. Afterwards, he goes to the small dining room.

 

Seokjin expected to see Jungkook there, but the young man isn't. He turns to find the kitchen but Jungkook pops into the room, pushing a small cart with food.

 

"Good morning, Yoongi," he smiles and Seokjin felt like he'd seen a similar one before.

 

"Good morning."

 

"Sit down. I made us something," he sets the dishes on the rectangular table. Seokjin sits and marvels at the variety.

 

"I hope you enjoy," Jungkook pours some milk into his cup.

 

"Of course!" Seokjin said a bit too loud. He clears his throat and spoke quieter. "Sorry."

 

Jungkook stares at Seokjin. He's seems so frail and afraid of many things. Sipping on his drink, he asks, "How long have you known Yoongi?"

 

Seokjin hums, "Quite some time now. I can't be exact." He continues to dig into his food.

 

"Yoongi..."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Is it alright to ask why you're here? It's quite rare for Yoongi to do something like this," Jungkook asks carefully.

 

Seokjin stayed quiet for a while. He already felt bad for not telling Jungkook his real name. It'll only be harder to make up some other lie.

 

"I worked at a farm by Yoongi's farm," Seokjin stopped chewing. "I got kicked out and wasn't allowed to stay with Yoongi."

 

Jungkook nods. "The farm owner kicked you out?"

 

Seokjin stiffens just the slightest bit. "No, he wasn't there. Someone else did."

 

"That doesn't really make sense," Jungkook furrows his brow. "You don't work for him, do you? He can't just do that."

 

"He's a very close friend of my boss and he's in love with him," Seokjin shrinks back a bit.

 

"So?"

 

"I also have feelings for my boss."

 

"Oh," Jungkook simply says. He could see the sadness approaching the latter.

 

"I'm sorry for bringing it up," he looks around. "You should finish eating before the food gets cold."

 

Jungkook changes the topic and as they continued to eat, he plans to take Seokjin somewhere.

 

"Let me get to know you. Then we can become great friends and invite Yoongi," Jungkook chuckles. "It'll be fun! There will be me, Yoongi, and Yoongi!"

 

Seokjin's smile drooped the tiniest bit. Sure, Jungkook, Yoongi, and... Yoongi.

 

~~

 

"It's been a week already. Taehyung, face it," Jimin said for the tenth time. "He is not coming back-"

 

"Because he doesn't love me?!" Taehyung shouts. "I won't believe that until I hear it from him. Running away is just very out of his character."

 

Jimin folds his arms and turns around, away from Taehyung.

 

"Jimin," Taehyung rubs his temples, "I don't understand..."

 

There was a brief moment of quietness before Taehyung sighs tiredly, "I don't understand you nowadays."

 

Jimin's frown, a face that has been present on him for the past few days, fades. Taehyung slumps down in his chair.

 

"Maybe it's because I've changed. But you've changed as well," he breathes out softly. "Most of all, I feel like you've been closed up about something. Please don't take it as an accusation or insult, but..."

 

Jimin's heart thumped nervously against his chest.

 

"Were you involved in Seokjin's disappearance?"

 

Jimin gasps silently and his face clearly showed shock. Taehyung didn't see it though since he is behind him.

 

Jimin felt like he stopped breathing altogether for a few seconds. Yoongi's voice echoed in his head: 'Tell him the truth.'

 

The memory of Seokjin and Taehyung almost kissing resurfaces as well.

 

"No," Jimin whispers, eyes casting down. "I wasn't involved."

 

Taehyung remained quiet and Jimin had to leave to house. He goes out and wait for Yoongi to come and make fun of him.

 

But oddly, he didn't come. This whole week, he came except for today.

 

Jimin isn't sure if he should feel relieved or, strangely... lonely.

 

~~

 

"Yoongi!" Seokjin exclaims when Jungkook opens the door.

 

"Hey, you're okay!" Yoongi basically scoops up Seokjin despite being slightly smaller. 

 

Jungkook holds in his laugh. "Yoongi with Yoongi."

 

"What?" Yoongi scrunched his nose but Seokjin tugs his sleeve to distract him.

 

"Can I talk to you really quick?" he said and Jungkook knew that it was his cue to leave.

 

"I'll be out in the back."

 

Once they heard the back door shut, Seokjin explains to Yoongi, "Um.. I did something."

 

His friend raised a curious brow. "Go on."

 

"Jungkook thinks my name is Min Yoongi too."

 

Instantly, laughter filled the room. Yoongi pats Seokjin's back. "What did you do?"

 

Seokjin didn't feel like retelling the whole thing. "I didn't know who he was at first and didn't trust him enough to give him my name. So I gave him yours."

 

Yoongi hums, "Yoongi with Yoongi."

 

Seokjin nudges him, "So remember to call me Yoongi, okay?"

 

"I'll try."

 

~~

 

"What have you guys been doing?" Yoongi asks and Jungkook is happy to let him know.

 

"I took Yoongi out to become better friends. While we were talking, we decided that I'm going to teach him self-defense," Jungkook beamed.

 

"Self-defense?" Yoongi looks from Jungkook to Seokjin.

 

"Is it not a good idea?" Seokjin questions and Yoongi smiles playfully at Jungkook.

 

"No, it's not that..."

 

"Then what is it?" Jungkook narrows his eyes at Yoongi.

 

"I think I might need to teach you some self-defense too," he said to the youngest one, who doesn't know where he is going with this.

 

"And why would that be an option?"

 

"You know," Yoongi smiles innocently while batting his lashes for special effect, something that he hardly does.

 

"Just in case you can't defend yourself from liking Seok- I mean Yoongi."