School Meal Club No More

From sixteen to twice

Dahyun's POV

"Damn. Chae, manager oppa was asking if I am with you."

"What's the problem, Unnie? Then, tell him we are together with Tzuyu."

"Yeah, there's no problem. Well, this is his exact message. 'Where are you? Are you with Chae? If you are with her, drag her in Twice studio. Ask her to talk with Jihyo." I worriedly said to Chae. I know for sure that there is something wrong. Recently, Jihyo unnie was in a very foul mood. We are all trying to ask what  seems the problem but she kept saying it was nothing. She was more than a nagging boss than a leader recently. Our manager never asks us to talk with Jihyo, they talk to us directly unless there are some serious stuff to talk. Very serious stuff... Not only that, I know that Chae did something.

I saw worry crossed in Chae eyes but it was just for a while. She shrugged her shoulder and continue to eat the ramen that I cooked for the three of us. Ahhh... I don't like being in trouble but I hate more when Chae and Tzuyu did the trouble. I just want to relax in our dorm, eat ramen and fool with each other around.

"I know Jihyo unnie was super grumpy these days-- no, for a long time now. But I know it's for our own good. It's ok unnie." Tzuyu said to me. But Tzuyu did not know the trouble that Chae made.

"Maybe it reach to her that I was hanging out with Mino. It's ok. I will just deny it since it was the truth. We are not in relationship. " Chae said cooly. But I know her and we have almost same thinking. I bet her mind was racing .

I look at her suspiciously.

"Unnie, Song Mino and I are not in relationship, Ok?" I saw Tzuyu's eyes got bigger after realizing who's Mino we are talking about. I am sure if Jihyo was her, she will go nuts. She will call all government agency she can call to kill that 'Song friggin Mino'.

I know Chae and I know she was telling the truth. Mino was just a suitor. But I also saw that she was loving the attention that Mino was giving. Chae said they met through common rapper friend. She said it was rude for her not to talk to him.

It will never a problem in knetz if Chae and Mino is an item. But in Twice and in our agency, it was a big fat 'NO'. It was never reveal in public but Mino and Yerin, who was a good friend of Jihyo, were ex. The thing is, Yerin was beating up by Mino when they are in relationship. Yerin kept it for 1yr. When Jihyo learned about, she wants to file a legal case. She  confronted Mino too in YG. It was a mess. There is also a rumor that Mino is an addict. It was big issue in YG and JYP. But in the end, Yerin did not pursue the case and it never gets public. But then, Song bastard Mino is a devil's name for JYP workers. Jihyo also never forget to tell new trainees to stay away from that particular person though she never tell them why. 

"Oh, Jihyo Unnie texted me as well. Same as manager oppa said."

"I will come with you then." I said with finality. I am really nervous in that call.

"Me too. Don't worry Chae, I can calm Jihyo unnie through my hug. Just explain to her in a right way." Tzuyu butted in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was right. Our agency wants to know the deal between Chae and Mino. But as I see it, nothing about the conversation was right. Chae was extremely nervous while Jihyo was asking. Even me will think that they are an item. The one I worry is that Chae will not be this nervous if she was not hiding something. Jihyo was also a bit looked stressed. Maybe she was producing somethin when she got the news. We are in recording studio.

"Chae, I trust you but can you just ignore him starting now."

"Unnie, I can but if there are other person, of course, I cannot be rude."

"How about stop going to YG or any underground rap battle so you can ignore him"

"That's unfair. Going on those kind of events help me in my writings."

"There's a time and other oppurtunity for that." 

"When unnie? Is there really a time?" Chae voice was cracked a bit. 

Whoa! Where it comes from? I thought. But the emotion in Chae's voice, strangely, did not catch by our leader. Maybe because as Chae said it, she was drown in her phone. She was seriously looking the device. When she looked at Chae, I feel the coldness in her. It made me shiver.

"THIS IS NOT THE TIME. I saw all the uncensored lyrics, the concept and beat is bop but too hiphop. As if everyone will accept it in your current image. This conversation is finish. Get your head straight." Jihyo left the room. I had a goosebump all over. It's harsh, words hit hard. A charismatic rapper in a cute group will really have hard time to make an outstanding image on it's own. This is the first time I saw Jihyo this way. She was not shouting, she was just cold and emotionless stating a fact. I cannot looked to Chae, instead I stare how Tzuyu hugged herself with misty eyes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After the incident, I felt that something change to Chae. Jihyo unnie did not come to our dorm since that day. In absence of Jihyo, members also grown apart. The thing I worry a lot is Chae hang out with Mino more than before.

I also noticed that Tzuyu became very sluggish. I saw her spacing on her own sometimes. She start not to attend her pictorials. I remember Jihyo unnie always talked her when she was sad, lazy or unfocused, So I tried it. I know leadernim's words is the warmest but I will try my best.

​​"Tzuyu, i think manager oppa was calling you since this morning. Don't you have schedule of shooting for your new CF?"

"Yeah. Unnie. I am not feeling well. I am getting easily tired nowadays. I missed my family. It's been so long since I had a vacation in Taiwan."

"Then, Go. Ask our manager."

​​​​​"Unnie, manager said she still needs to ask higher management if I want longer vacation so they will talk the sponsors and dvertisers. You know that Jihyo unnie was the one who's doing that before. Not our managers. They don't have power to ask such favor in agency." Tzuyu was nearly crying. I hate that all I could do is to hug her. I wish Nayeon or Jeongyeon was here. Maybe they can do that. Though, I doubt it since Nayeon was clearly busy dating here and there, I don't know if she can face JYP after messing around. Jeongyeon looks like a businesman mogul who was busy 24/7, I really don't have idea what she was doing nowadays.

​​​While I am consoling Tzuyu, Chae enters the room. She was talking in her phone.

"Really, Oppa? I missed you too. I can go there this afternoon. Yeah. She doesn't need to know right? Ok, Mino. Bye. See you."

Tzuyu's and I eyes met. Worry is reflected on it.

​​​​​​"Chae, seems you get very close with Mino already. Please just don't have an official relationship with him ok?" I said it with so much care.  

"Oh. We are already an item, unnie." Chae said it as if she doesn't care to anything that anyone said.

"Are you crazy? You know what happen to Yerin, right?"

"We are different. Mino was gentle to me. He promised that he will not hurt me."

"When he was high on drugs, do you think he will remember that promise?"

"How dare you, Dahyun? You have no evidence!" I was shocked. I can't believe she was defending the druggie. I know she was angry by calling me by my name. I always ask her to do that but she never did until now. For that druggie.

"Chae, please, this for your own good. Please listen to me." I begged.

She did not response and stay quiet for a while. Then her phone rang.

After checking the caller, she look at me. Without breaking our eye contact she answers it.

"Hello, Mino oppa. I was about to come out..." after that she turns around and goes out.

I look at Tzuyu, she was silently crying. I felt like a big hand squeeze my heart. This shouldn't be happening to school meal club. I have to do something.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Thank You for butting in, Captain awesome!" Chae sarcastically said to me the day she was summoned by JYP itself. I have to tell someone about her relationship to Mino. I won't let her go in wrong path.I trust her, yes, but I don't trust the bastard. I don't know what Chae and JYP talked about but she seems get irritated in my existence since then. 

I felt bad with Tzuyu because  Chae was also cold with her. At night, Chae sleeps in managers old room like she can't stand with us.

There is also nonstop murmur of words everytime we saw each other in every corner of the house like "blabber mouth" or "clown friend". I cried about it a lot. I tried so many times to talk her in civil way but she can't stand being with me.

One time, I came home from Runing man shooting. I was dead tired and Chae was lying at the sofa. And I heard her murmur "Why she have to come home. Should I stay in condo? Hmp." That not makes me emotional. It was too much for me today. 

But when I saw the name tag of "School Meal Club" hanging outside our room door, my tears and emotion started to fall.

Someone doodle at the end- NO MORE.

That night, I asked Mina to promised me to make sure Chae will always come home every night then packed my bag and stay in my condo starting that day. After three days Tzuyu texted me she will runaway to go back home. I never had a chance to talk to her, she off her phone.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jihyo's POV

I want someone to slap me hard after hearing Dahyun's story. This was my entire fault. Dahyun did not cry a lot but when she does, it was for people close to her heart: Friends , family and ONCE. Seeing her crying her heart out makes me feel like a poop. I gritted my teeth to stop myself from crying. It is not time to weep. It is time to end a children's fight.

"Give me a favor Dahyun. Go back to the dorm. Let me fix this. I will drag Tzuyu from Taiwan to Korea. Just be there until we go back. I want to see three of you together even I have to tie all of you..."

- - - - - - - - -

Note: While at office, I am laughing at your comments about next chapter title. Sorry, I just thought it was a good cliff hanger.