The Oldest

From sixteen to twice

Jihyo POV

I am not gonna lie, I felt like I am one of the best leader in kpop. For 6 years being on top, no one in my member got a big scandal.Not that we are angel formed in human but because we hid things great. We stayed as unbeatable girl group. I am not just writing our songs but already produce it. My members was all open to me and we are known as group that has close ties. I won an award for two consecutive years as a 'Kpop Best Leader of 3rd Generation" beating namjoon, sowon, suho, b.i etc. That was all make me the best leader until last year.

As I became the best leader, I became the worst sister and daughter. As I make my member bond tighter, my parents decided to lose their marriage ties. They divorced when twice was on world tour last year. It has been 2months before I knew it. My parents seems cool about it but me and my sisters  are definitey against it. Seungyeon partly blaming me for being absent as the oldest while my baby sister jiyoung was begging me to do something about it. No one in my member knew. I just go in our concert thinking that I am making hundred thousand of people happy but two of my dearest person for me was waiting for me to go home.

I have been staying in our dorm for a week now, and no one is regularly coming home except for Mina and Chae. Our manager was not already living with us. Sana and Nayeon came home once but just to take a shower. And it was 3am in the morning so we did not meet. I met Jeongyeon and Momo once but we never had a chance to talk because they were in hurry. Jeongyeon cannot meet my eyes that make me nervous on whatever they are doing.

I was cooking a breakfast for the two, Mina and Chae. Good thing I actually learn cooking as year passed.

"What's up with you? You're cooking and your already staying here for a week. It's very unusual." I turned around and saw Mina looking at me with crumpled forehead. 

Not knowing, I throw my best smile at her. "Thank You for telling me you miss me. But I guess you forgot that I am also part owner of this house, Minaring." I did not know why i cracked a joke. Maybe, I just felt comfortable like the old times.

"Ok. Mian. Did you cook just for you or also for me and Chae?" Mina was smiling sweetly at me, I almost cry. That is the first geniune smil-- no, that's the first smile I got in dorm for a week!

"Of course, for us! I miss cooking for you!" I beamed but for some reason I don't know why Mina's smile slightly fell.

"Really? You missed it? That's funny leadernim. I thought you are just minding your own business. How come you missed cooking for someone?" I did not dare to look whoever was talking. It was coming from the main door, seems she finally came home. I know her voice and the words are familiar.

"Jihyo, you seem have a problem during the concert", "Jihyo,are you sure your ok?", "Jihyo, tell me what is bothering you,unnie will help.", "Jihyo,please open up." Somewhere in my mind, I hear the same sweet voice.

"Just leave me alone Unnie! If you don't mind!", " How many times I am gonna tell you, I can managed!", "It was nothing, your just paranoid!." I groaned a bit when I hear those angry voice, the worst was I also heard the last shout in my mind- " For the last time Unnie, Mind your own fuc-- g business. We are not in sixteen show anymore, we are on our own now!"

Good thing Mina started to eat quietly the pancake that I made. The sound of the utensils makes my mind go back at the present. I bravely look where Nayeon voice came from but I only saw her back going to our room, probably will get a shower or will take a nap.

"Mina, mianhe... I screwed up a lot, didn't I?" I don't know where it was came from but I managed to utter those words to Mina. Mina sighed. She can't meet my eyes. "Jihyo, to be honest, I don't know. I am just so sad everyone seems growing apart. You never said or do anything bad to me unlike them. But I guess, not done and say anything is worse because I can't understand you. I can't take your side. My expectation to you is higher, you know..." 

That hit straight in my chest but I deserved it. The worst critic that a leader will get is the disappointment of one of the most understanding member. And I am getting it.

We just finished our food quietly. Chae did not come out in her room. After the breakfast, Mina politely thank me and go straight to shower to go to school. I went to our room and saw Nayeon in bed underneath the blanket. I don't know if she was sleeping. I want to ask where Sana is but based on her spat on me earlier, I might get another- "Why don't you mind your own busines now?" 

I sat on my bed while looking to unnie. I thought how I make her Twice best unnie again, it was harsh and I might get another backlash from them but Twice is more important as of now than taking their approval. 

"Unnie, I am a bit nervous." 

"Chincha? Why? Your performance never disappoint us. But since you said your nervous, don't worry I will focus more. Cheer up leadernim!" 

I remember that she said that to me 4 yrs. ago. Unnie, I am nervous to Twice right now, please try to focus.