Visiting the Variety Queen

From sixteen to twice

Jihyo's POV

I decided to give Dahyun a visit in her condo. I already asked our Manager Oppa to give her full schedule. Surprisingly, it was not a lot like what I thought. Two regular variety shows once a week, lots of guesting but just took 1-2 hour shoot and 1 on call drama show. When Chae told me that Dahyun can't come home because of her personal shows, I expected a whole day shooting like in running man and with only 1 day rest in a week. My  eagerness to talk to her personally heightened. I want to see her eye to eye so I will know her thoughts.

"Mina, I will visit Dahyun, wanna come?" Strangely, Mina stayed at home today just playing computer games. Unlike last week that she barely stays at home. We are not yet talking like before but at least we are not awkward to each other. 

"Did you tell her you will come?" She asks, her eyes still fixed on her laptop.

"Well, no. Should I? Or maybe I drag Chae as well?"  

Mina stopped for a while then stares at me. A very long stare then goes back playing like nothing happened. "Well, I think you should go alone." Period. Mina's word is simple. A person just stating a fact, an advise, a sentence. But I trained with a lot of different people for 10 years, been 6 years in entertainment business, been 6 years leadering the biggest girl group and been almost 7 years friend of this girl. I know there's something fishy in those 7 words. It was like she was asking me to find it out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't know to other kpop group but staying in our dorm is big deal to Twice. We already bought the dorm, it has a big sentimental value to us. We vowed to stay on that dorm as much as we can especially that we have foreign members. Everyone have good income and bought big own houses but we still keeping that promise. Until I left 3 months ago I guess...

I don't know what am I feeling as I rang the bell in Dahyun's condo. I did not wait so long. Dahyun, without looking at the peep hole, opened the door. She was wearing her usual dorm clothes, big comfortable shirt and ahjussi pants. Her hair was like a bird's nest, obviously she just got up from bed. She was scratching her while opening the door. Some one did not change afterall. By that thought, I gave my usual unnie smile. "What's up, our variety queen?"

I saw her cute monoloid eyes became 3x bigger. It seems she just sleep walked and finally really wake her senses.

"Unnie!" With that cheerful voice, I feel my heart got warm. "Can I come in?"

"Of course!" While she was urging me to come in, she bombarded me with question. "Have you been in our home?" "When did you come back?" "Are you ok now?, I mean, you know, we know you have a problem, you know?" "Urgh, I am sorry, I did not clean up." I chuckled. I missed having a talkative and noisy member. Sighed. 

The condo is just simple and small. I count the pros and cons why it was better to stay here than in our precious dorm.There is no much furniture. It was more comfortable in our dorm though. As expected, I saw empty cups of ramen in her center table. But she have someone to chat and share with in dorm! 

Dahyun sits on the coach, urging me to sit as well. "Unnie, have you watched the last episode of running man? Ahhh... no.no. we should talk when you came back fi--" "Dahyun- ah..." I said softly to stop her from talking. I want to go straight to the business. Everyday, every hour, every minute is important for me. It is hard to talk comfortably to other members. I am happy that Dahyun seems open to talk.

"Why are you staying here? Why aren't you coming home? To our dorm?" I hope I have a video cam in my hand, it was like a comedy show where a comedian become uneasy. The comfortable variety queen suddenly sprang from her seat and decided to fix the magazines and empty ramen cup in the center table.

" Aigoo,unnie. Mianhe. It was so hectic these days. You know I have a weak stamina to come here and there." She said without loking at me. The changed of atmosphere puzzled me. I know for sure, she was not mad at me but why dragging the idea of coming home?

Again, I did not lead our group without knowing each members personality. I won't buy her alibi.

"Dahyun, we got more hectic schedule before than you have now but you managed to stay at dorm. And we both know running man show already strengthen your stamina. You even danced in our dorm after your shootings." I watched her fidgeting with already fixed magazine pile. 

We are quiet for a while until she gave me a long sighed, her habit whenever she was disappointed. I feel like I have to tell something comforting so I play my school meal club card.

"Dahyun- ah. I know this is my fault. I am sorry, really. But I want to make up to you, to all members. I want to formally apologized to all of you when we are all present. Chae and Tzuyu probably hate me because of what I did, but please, if you are in dorm it was easier for them to stay there as well. I know it will be hard to old members, but to you maknaes, please, I want to start in three of you." 

Finally, she looked at me in the eye. "Unnie, your wrong. The three of us... If I stay there... ahhmm...Chae will end up staying on her condo." She said it with a very sad voice. It took me a while before I understand the meaning of what she said. I bet I look like a dog with a crumpled forehead.

In my head, the way Dahyun said it, I imagined her and Chae were both magnets. Both negative polar that's why when you try to get it close, it repels. Is she kidding? They are unseparatable! I never saw them fighting even when we are trainees.

"Dahyun, if this is a jok--"

"Unnie, I left the dorm because Chae and I fought. She doesn't want to see me. And Tzuyu did not go back to Taiwan just to see her family, She runaway."

I suddenly feel dizzy. 

"Yah! you three... you make yourselves like clowns in vlive?" Dahyun just shrugged in my nag.

Tzuyu hugged me. "It was against my will unnie. Chae forced us to do it."

"Eehh!!!I am serious doing make up to Dahyun unnie but she messed my face. I am a victim here." Chae whined.

"Yah! Chae, we all know you started it. Tzuyu never lie. Don't blame your unnie here. Your the one who like to doodles. Ahhh, if I just know you will mess it, I won't agree on it." I saw Dahyun hiding her laughed to Chae. Obviously, she just want to tease the younger one.

"Unnie! Tzuyu! Wahhh..." soon, the two was bickering and teasing each other.

"Unnie, mianhe. We had fun though." Tzuyu whisper to me. I look at them, how can I can i not forgive our maknaes?

As I blink my eyes, the laughters and teases were gone. I just saw a sad and regretful girl. I remember how cold Chae is these past few days and Tzuyu...why I did not find it weird that she got a vacation despite of her schedules? 

I remember once in interview,

"Did you girls fight?"

"Of course, but we talked it out and then we get over it fast." I confidently said.

"Jihyo, watching each member so she knows if there is need to fix." Mina said.

"Misunderstanding from each member should know by leader as soon as possible, right? As expected from one of the best leader in kpop." The inteviewer said.

Best leader my . Maybe I should already throw the best kpop leader tropees at the dorm?

- - - - - - - - - - -

Next Chapter: School Meal Club No More