S03E05: Celebrations, Part 2

What Is Love?

Here it is! The final chapter! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Nayeon, relax. You’ll be fine. Everything is going to be fine,” Jihyo says in a low voice, trying to calm down the bride-to-be.

 

“How can I relax when the photographer isn’t even here yet?!” Nayeon screams. “The wedding hasn’t started and it’s already ruined!”

 

Jihyo turns to Momo and Chaeyoung, silently asking for help.

 

“I think Dahyun brought her camera with her. I’ll go look and ask if she can be the photographer for today,” Momo volunteers.

 

Which isn’t a totally good idea because Momo doesn’t know the first place to look.

 

“Where the hell are Dahyun and Sana?” Momo mutters as she randomly tries opening some doors in the hallway. Finally she gets to one that isn’t locked, and she sees…

 

“Mina?”

 

Momo sees Mina in her dress—not completely dressed up because she’s still trying to reach the back zipper when Momo walks in on her. Mina turns her head from the mirror on front of her to Momo who’s standing by the doorway.

 

“Oh, hi, Momo.”

 

“Have you seen Sana?”

 

“No, I thought she was with you guys in Nayeon’s room.”

 

“Yeah, you would think that,” Momo sighs, watching Mina struggling to put her dress on. “You need help with that?”

 

Mina smiles sheepishly at Momo before saying, “Yes please?”

 

Momo walks over to Mina after closing the door. When she reaches her, Mina moves her ponytail to the side, unintentionally giving Momo a better whiff of her jasmine scent. And while Momo does manage to zip up Mina’s dress she gets stuck in her place, not even realizing it until Mina turns around and looks at her in the eye.

 

And even then, Momo gets stuck.

 

“Your bangs…” Momo murmurs, pointing to Mina’s fringe. “They look good on you.”

 

“Thanks,” Mina answers softly, even smiling with her eyes, making Momo’s knees go weak.

 

“Mina, are you done fixing your dress? Jeongyeon needs—”

 

Startled, Momo and Mina jump at the sound of Irene’s voice by the door. Momo backs away from Mina, head down, while the latter answers Irene.

 

“Yeah, I’m coming,” replies Mina with a shaky voice. Momo could feel Mina looking at her so she lifts her head. “See you later, Momoring.”

 

“Yep,” Momo answers albeit awkwardly. As soon as the door closes and she’s left alone in the room, Momo lets out a sigh.

 

Get a grip, Momo! she tells herself. You’re supposed to be looking for Sana and Dahyun!

 

“Dahyun… Faster, ngh…”

 

Sana’s moans fill the supply closet as Dahyun does her best to pleasure her, so Dahyun muffles her screams by giving her nonstop kisses until she—

 

“Aahh…” Sana sighs into Dahyun’s face. She hugs her girlfriend into a tight embrace until she rides out her , at which point they both let go of each other, fix their clothes, and go out the closet, hurriedly.

 

“I suppose you girls had a good time?” The couple hears Momo and turn their heads to see her with crossed arms, looking absolutely unpleased.

 

“Oh, h-hi, Momo!” Sana nervously chatters. “We were just—Dahyun and I were just—”

 

“Just having , I know,” Momo finishes for her, and Dahyun widens her eyes.

 

“No!” the tofu girl denies, even shaking her hands in front of Momo.

 

“Save your lies for someone who didn’t hear Sana’s moans,” Momo retorts. “Now come on, Nayeon needs us. Dahyun, you brought your camera with you?”

 

“Uh-huh.”

 

“Then you’ll have to be the wedding photographer.”

 

“Wait what?”

 

“Let’s go!” Momo claps her hands twice, gesturing for the couple to follow her. Dahyun and Sana look at each other before they start walking to Momo.

 

“What do you think’s gotten into her?” Dahyun whispers.

 

“Maybe she needs to get laid,” Sana guesses.

 

“I heard that!”

 

Dahyun agrees to take the photos, at least until the hired photographer arrives, finally appeasing the bride-to-be Nayeon. Soon enough they leave the room to start the wedding with Nayeon entering the quiet little chapel first, Momo and Sana following her and standing by her side at the altar, waiting for the rest of the entourage.

 

Pretty soon the other girls start walking down the aisle as well: Chaeyoung with her girlfriend, Tzuyu, then Irene, then Jihyo, then Mina—

 

Mina.

 

Momo found it extremely hard not to stare at her. As a matter of fact she doesn’t realize that she’d been staring at her the entire time, even when Nayeon enters the chapel, until the priest starts talking to begin the ceremony.

 

“Friends, family, we are gathered here today…”

 

“And it. Is. Done!” Jihyo sighs in their limousine as she and the girls make their way to the hotel for the reception.

 

“Let’s clap our hands for Jihyo, everyone,” Sana tells the group. “She really organized us well today.”

 

“Yeah,” Chaeyoung agrees. “You really did a good job of calming the beast.”

 

The rest of the girls snicker, knowing that the girl is talking about Nayeon.

 

“But did you see how Nayeon’s expression changed when she saw Jeongyeon, though?” Dahyun chimes in. “Even when we were on our way to the chapel, she was so irritable. But the moment she locked with Jeongyeon, it’s just… She has—They have so much love to give to each other.”

 

“Aww, is my Dahyunnie getting emotional?” Sana teases.

 

“No…”

 

Sana giggles, leaning towards Dahyun to give her a kiss—

 

“No PDA in the car!” Momo screams, making everyone laugh.

 

“Seriously, Momo, you need to get laid,” Sana deadpans.

 

“I’m not—I don’t—” Momo huffs in frustration, crossing her arms and pouting in defeat. Mina found it cute that she felt the need to defend her.

 

“It’s not just Momo, you guys,” Mina starts.

 

“Oh, you need to get laid, too, Minari?” Sana asks with a smirk.

 

“No!” Mina groans. “I’m just saying be kind to us single people out here, alright?”

 

“Why are you looking at just me and Dahyun?” Sana asks, feeling wronged. “Chaeyoung and Tzuyu are a couple too, remember?”

 

“Yes, but unlike you, we’re not greasy,” Chaeyoung retorts, sticking her tongue out at Sana.

 

“Tzuyu,” Dahyun starts, “how do you even keep up with this kid?”

 

“Alright, it’s time for the couple’s first dance as newlyweds!” Jihyo shouts from their table. The reception started about an hour ago when the Yoo-Im couple arrived, and thankfully enough the two have gotten enough time to settle down and eat their food. When the two threw their bouquet Sana caught one, and a family relative caught the other. It was at this point that Jihyo initiates the couple dance.

 

Jeongyeon looks at her bride with a smile that reaches her ears. “Shall we?”

 

Nayeon turns to Jeongyeon with a look, a glint in her eye, before she responds with a nod.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Yoo-Im Nayeon,” Jeongyeon says as they sway to the music, her wide smile still there.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Yoo-Im Jeongyeon,” Nayeon replies, giggling. “Im Jeongyeon sounds nice by itself, you know.”

 

To this, Jeongyeon hums before she gives an answer. “Yeah. Yeah, it does.”

 

Nayeon raises an eyebrow at Jeongyeon, because just days ago they were debating (it was more of an argument, to be honest) whether their family name should be Yoo-Im or Im-Yoo. “Now you’re okay with just my family name?”

 

“Mhm.” Jeongyeon nods. “You’re my wife; we’re married now. Our family name could be ‘Fart’ for all I care.

 

“Please don’t tell me you’re actually thinking about being Fart Jeongyeon and Fart Nayeon.”

 

“As long as I have you in my life forever, nothing else matters.”

 

Nayeon’s expression softens when she hears this from her wife. Her wife. “I love you, Jeongyeon.”

 

“I love you too, Nayeon. Forever.”

 

In the middle of this conversation the other girls stand up from their seats to dance as well—Sana and Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu, and even Jihyo and Irene. This leaves Momo and Mina in their whole table still on their seats.

 

“How long do you think before those two dance with each other?” Irene asks Jihyo.

 

“The more interesting question here is, which of them will ask the other for a dance?”

 

“Ah, a good point.” Irene nods. “I vote for Mina.”

 

Jihyo smirks. “Good, because I was rooting for Momo anyway.”

 

This confuses Irene because, looking at their table, Momo hasn’t stopped eating and hasn’t even noticed that she and Mina are the only ones left not dancing with anyone. That changes a few seconds later, of course, when Momo burps loudly as she sips her drink, now making Mina chuckle.

 

“Sorry,” Momo mumbles shyly. “Hey, where is everyone?”

 

“They’re dancing.” Mina points to the open space at the center where many pairs have joined the newlyweds in their dance.

 

“Oh. Wanna dance?” the older Japanese girl asks nonchalantly.

 

“Uh… Yeah, sure.”

 

“Wait, don’t stand up yet,” says Momo as she gets up from her chair herself, holding out her hand to Mina. “May I have this dance, Miss Myoui?”

 

A blush forms on Mina’s cheeks—she doesn’t even hide it—as she takes Momo’s hand and stands up, and the two make their way to the dance floor. Mina puts her arms over Momo’s shoulders, while the latter holds the former’s waist.

 

The two are dancing quietly at first, because Momo’s still feeling high from being close to Mina and inhaling her scent—and Mina, well, Mina’s trying very hard not to get lost in Momo’s eyes, her face, and the fact Momo’s hands are on her waist.

 

“I’ve been thinking why there’s an extra seat on our table earlier,” Mina says suddenly to start a conversation as she couldn’t take the silence anymore. Usually she was fine with silence but it’s with Momo. And for Mina, it’s always different with Momo.

 

“I think that was supposed to be for Seulgi,” Momo tells her. “I RSVP’d two months ago and I told Nayeon and Jeongyeon when we broke up but I guess they forgot.”

 

“Oh. I’m sorry for bringing it up.”

 

“Seulgi, come on,” Momo says when her girlfriend breaks up with her. “What we have going, it’s so good right now.”

 

“And what are we, exactly, Momo? Tell me.”

 

“What are you talking about? You’re my girlfriend.”

 

Seulgi lets out a sigh, holding Momo’s hand. “Momo. You and I… We were having fun, yes. But there comes a point in time when you realize if it’s going to be worth it in the long run. And I don’t think you feel that way about me.”

 

“Yes, I do—”

 

“No, Momo, you don’t. But it’s okay.” Seulgi gives Momo a kiss on the cheek. “There’s something you need to realize within yourself. And when you finally do, I’m sure you wouldn’t want me to be there.”

 

Momo couldn’t say anything. How is she, when she doesn’t even understand what Seulgi’s talking about?

 

“Goodbye, Momo.”

 

“It’s okay, you were genuinely curious. And Seulgi and I broke up over a month ago. We’re good friends now.”

 

“That’s good to hear.” Mina offers a smile.

 

“You look good with bangs.”

 

“Momoring,” Mina says with a giggle, “you said that already.”

 

“Oh, I did?” Momo sees Mina’s gummy smile again, and she almost hyperventilates. “Sorry. You just look really good. You even look almost as good as me.”

 

Mina snorts at that.

 

“Seriously, Mina. Are you trying to be my twin or something?”

 

“You wish,” Mina retorts, sticking her tongue out.

 

“Will those two just get together already?” Sana groans as she and Dahyun go back to their seat to take a break from dancing.

 

“I know,” Dahyun sighs.

 

“What are we talking about?” Chaeyoung asks them from behind, holding Tzuyu’s hand.

 

“Momo and Mina,” says Sana.

 

“Oh, yeah, there’s definitely tension there, of the ual kind,” Tzuyu mutters, making the other three girls laugh.

 

“Momo needs to get laid,” Sana says for the nth time tonight.

 

“Mina unnie too!” Tzuyu adds, surprising everyone. “She’s been making us work nonstop some days, I figured she was getting dry.”

 

“Yah, Tzuyu, stop talking about your boss like that!” Chaeyoung playfully scolds her, but laughing at her girlfriend.

 

The night finally ends full of dancing and food and photos (thankfully the real photographer arrived and Dahyun was able to be included in the pictures). The girls retire early because they’re going to Thrill Walk the next day. Nayeon and Jeongyeon had arranged for the whole gang to come, before they fly off to Los Angeles for their honeymoon.

 

“This looks super scary,” Momo says while walking to the cable car. “I don’t think I can do it.”

 

“Momoring, let’s just ride the cable car for now,” Mina soothes her. “We already rode it twice coming up here. You can do it one more time.”

 

Momo takes a deep breath before muttering an “Okay” and getting on the cable car. Throughout the ride Momo squeezes Mina’s a little too tightly from time to time, but Mina does her best not to react even though one, she’s scared of heights herself, and two, Momo’s grip hurts. The other girls notice this but don’t say anything out loud, just looking at each other.

 

When they reach the actual Thrill Walk most of them are having fun on the glass floor by the stairs. Dahyun, though, is still resisting Sana and Dahyun’s efforts to drag her from her seat.

 

“Eeeeeee-yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!” Dahyun screams as she does her best to hold on to the elevated floor she’s sitting on.

 

“Come on, Dahyun!” Sana huffs. “It’ll be fun!”

 

“But it’s 3,000 meters above water level! How can it be fun when we’re literally on the edge of plummeting to our deaths?!”

 

“It’s perfectly safe, unnie,” says Chaeyoung. “Lots of people have tried it before.”

 

“Look, Mina’s going, too!” Mina hears Sana say, making her walk towards the trio. “You’re afraid but you’re still gonna go, right, Mina-chan?”

 

“Of course,” Mina replies. “We came all the way over here from the other end of the world; might as well try something like this.”

 

“Yeah,” Chaeyoung agrees. “This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

 

Dahyun looks at the three girls’ pleading eyes—mostly Sana’s and Chaeyoung’s—as she contemplates whether or not she’ll risk being on the verge of death.

 

“Fine, I’ll do it. Since we’re here…”

 

“That’s great!” Sana exclaims, hugging her girlfriend who’s already shaking.

 

“Hey, where’s Momo?” Mina asks. She finally sees the girl playing with a dog owned by a stranger.

 

“Momo, what are you doing?” Jeongyeon calls out to the girl, laughing. “She’s really afraid of going, isn’t she?”

 

“Alright, people, gather up!” Nayeon shouts, making everyone in the group come towards her—well, except for Momo who doesn’t want to go the glass floor, and Mina who’s making sure that Momo is still okay.

 

“I think it would be better if we split up into pairs,” Nayeon continues. “Going in a line alone might be too scary, but three or more at a time might be too crowded. And since there are ten of us, going in pairs is perfect. My wife and I will go first.”

 

“Is it just me or did Nayeon say all these things just so she could call Jeongyeon her wife in front of us?” Jihyo jokes.

 

“Yeah, kind of,” Nayeon admits with a sheepish grin.

 

“Then Dahyun and I will go after you guys,” says Sana.

 

“Tzuyu and I will go behind you!”

 

“Jihyo, want to come together?” Irene suggests with a knowing smirk. They obviously want Mina and Momo to pair up. And they seem to be successful in their plan, too, until…

 

“I don’t think I’m going,” Mina tells them. Momo, who kept looking down throughout the entire conversation, looks at her.

 

“What? Why not?” Jihyo asks with a frown.

 

“I… It’s too scary. I don’t think I can make it.”

 

“But earlier you said that you’re definitely going since we’re here, anyway!” Dahyun whines.

 

“Sorry, Dahyun.” Mina smiles apologetically. “I don’t think I’m strong enough.”

 

The truth is that Mina actually wants to go—but Momo’s been adamant about going and if they’re going in pairs and Mina chooses to go then Momo’s gonna have to wait for them all alone. Momo senses this so she tries to convince Mina to go, anyway.

 

“Mina, I’ll be fine,” Momo tells her. “I can wait here on my own, you know, talk to the dogs here.”

 

“I’m not leaving you out here on your own,” says Mina, a protective feeling taking over her, and she isn’t entirely sure why.

 

“Mina, come on…”

 

“Momo, I’m not going anywhere. I’ll stay with you.”

 

“Then I’m going to the Thrill Walk.”

 

“What?”

 

“I can feel how much you really wanted to do this. But I also know how stubborn you can be. You said you’re staying with me, so we’ll go to the Thrill Walk together. Besides, you and Dahyun are right. We’re here anyway, so we might as well grab this experience. If I’m paired with you, I’ll be okay, right?”

 

Stunned at first, Mina gives Momo her brightest smile. “Of course, Momoring.”

 

Irene pokes Jihyo as they make their way to the start of the Thrill Walk.

 

“Want another bet? Let’s see if those two finally confess their feelings for each other here.”

 

The path to the first ‘challenge’ isn’t scary at all, but it is long. Whenever Mina feels a gap in the rails by the mountain side she lets out a gasp, but only little ones because if she’s already scared, she imagines it must be a hundred times more for Momo.

 

“That looks fun,” Sana mutters when she sees it: the tightrope path, the first stage of the Thrill Walk.

 

“Walking on wire rope?” Dahyun says, trembling so hard. “I can’t believe it. I feel like I’m walking on a rope already.”

 

Nayeon goes first, then Jeongyeon, then Tzuyu, then Chaeyoung. When it’s Chaeyoung’s turn, Jeongyeon puts her foot at one end of the rope, effectively rocking it.

 

“Hey! Stop that!” Chaeyoung screams. “I can’t go forward because of you!”

 

Dahyun lets Sana go on the wire rope while she herself crosses the path at the side, all the way mumbling “Sana unnie, Sana unnie, where is Sana unnie?” while she holds onto the rail. Dahyun stays at the end of the path while waiting for Sana, who goes immediately to carry her again when she finishes on the wire rope.

 

Jihyo and Irene then later follow with no problem. The problem arises when it’s Mina and Momo’s turn.

 

“Ah, it’s really scary,” Momo mutters, turning away so sharply that Mina found it hard not to smell her hair when the former rests her head on the latter’s shoulder.

 

(Mina loved the smell of Momo’s hair.)

 

“Momo, we can go around the side if you don’t wanna go to the wire rope. Momo?”

 

All of a sudden, Mina feels Momo wrapping her hand around Mina’s waist, and she hears Momo sniffling, wetting Mina’s blouse.

 

“I-I’m scared, Mina.”

 

Mina’s heart swells at hearing Momo’s soft voice. It was too tender, and Mina felt that she was holding something precious, especially when Momo’s grip on her waist gets tighter.

 

“Momoring, I’m here. Don’t be scared, I’m here, remember?”

 

Momo sniffs for the last time, nodding as she lifts her head to face Mina. Mina finds Momo’s pout so cute that she can’t help but kiss her on her right cheek.

 

Then on her left.

 

Then, on Momo’s forehead.

 

Momo gladly accepts the kisses. The kisses, like Mina, make her feel safe, warm. So Momo closes her eyes the whole time Mina kisses her face, only opening them when she thinks that Mina’s done.

 

Except that she isn’t, and Momo has her eyes open when Mina plants a kiss on her lips.

 

“Momo, I… I’m sorry—”

 

“No, don’t be,” Momo says as she crashes her lips on Mina’s, forgetting that just a minute ago she was scared out of her brain from being so high up.

 

She pulls Mina closer to her, recalling how she kissed her that first time—the very first time—at the parking lot of their company when Momo confessed and then got rejected because Mina still had a girlfriend. And now, after everything that’s happened, as much as Momo hated to admit it, those fluttering feelings she had for Mina before came back.

 

Mina reciprocates the kiss well, getting high from the smell of Momo’s hair, and the fact that she can feel Momo’s tongue trying to enter . Mina gives her access almost instantly, because Momo’s kiss is something that Mina’s been wanting for a long time now.

 

The kiss breaks off when it goes on for too long, making the girls gasp for air. Mina watches as Momo transforms from a passionate, hot kisser back to her cute, adorable self when Momo wraps her in a tight embrace, resting her head on the crook of Mina’s neck.

 

Mina wishes they could stay like that forever.

 

“Look, Dahyunnie, they kissed! Mimo finally kissed!”

 

Sana’s voice and the cheers and applause from the other girls make Momo lift her head, to see that their friends at the “sidewalk”, because they crossed back from the opposite direction to see what will happen between Momo and Mina.

 

Well, except for Dahyun who’s too scared to go back, and Sana, who’s carrying her.

 

“You did a good job, Momo-ya!” Sana shouts from the other side. “Dahyun’s happy for you too, but she’s scared right now so she’ll tell you later!”

 

Mina giggles and honestly it’s the best thing Momo’s heard in a while.

 

“Thank you, Mina!” Irene says, catching the girl’s attention.

 

“Thank you? For what?”

 

“Because you kissed Momo. Now Jihyo owes me 10,000 Won.”

 

“Why?” Mina gasps. “You bet over me and Momo?”

 

“It was just a matter of time before you got together!” Irene defends herself. “We just decided to have fun along the way.”

 

“Anyway, you’re finally an item now, so congrats!” Jihyo adds.

 

“Ah, Europe does so many things to lovers, doesn’t it?” says Nayeon, hands wrapped around Jeongyeon.

 

“Good job, Mina.” Jeongyeon winks at her. “Now let’s finish this Thrill Walk!”

 

Mina lets the other girls go ahead and create some distance before squeezing Momo’s hand to make her look at her.

 

“Hey, you ready?”

 

Momo shakes her head.

 

“Oh. If you want we could go back—”

 

Momo kisses Mina again, with the same intensity as earlier, and again tightening her grip on Mina’s waist. This surprises Mina at first but takes no time to respond to the kiss while cupping Momo’s cheek. Like before, they run out of breath from kissing that they have to stop, and that’s when Momo gives Mina her answer.

 

“Now I’m ready.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A big, big thank you to everyone who supported this fic! Especially those who commented. You guys gave me something to look forward to. :D Even the ones who kept commenting #MAKEMINAJEALOUSSQUAD hahaha! I kept on denying it but the truth is I planned Momo and Seulgi from the beginning, too. Anyway, thanks again! Hope to see you soon!