Episode 7: Forgotten or Forgiven?

Friends Or Something More [Background]

I looked at Y/N and thought about all the times that I fell in love with her then looked at her brother and responded,"She is the only person that makes my heart beat. We understand each other and I know you think we may be to young to know what love is but your wrong." I look at Y/N and held her hand," I feel it every time I'm with her." I look back at her brother and his face is blank. I can't tell if he approves or not. 

 

"Can you protect her?" He asked.

 

"I would use my life to protect her."

 

"What would you do if Y/N wasn't here anymore?" 

 

His words stopped my heart. Y/N not here with me anymore, " I honestly wouldn't know what to do with myself. All I have ever done was love her and protect her growing up. I don't think I could function without her..."

 

 

I started to blush and felt butterflies in my stomach when Jimin said that. I peered over Jimin to see what my brother will say.

 

"Then I think I can approve. But just know if you hurt her in anyway I will never forgive you."he said looking serious.

 

Jimin smiled really big and hugged my brother. 

 

 

 

We finished up dinner and we're walking Y/N and her friends back to the bus. Everyone was chatting and having fun until I pulled Jimin back. 

 

"Make sure you treat her right," I looked at him then looked back at everyone acting 3 years in the street.

 

"Of course!"

 

"No, I mean don't leave her like I did. Don't be something that makes her happy and then disappear and not talk to her like I did." I breathed and looked up at the sky. 

 

"What are you talking about? I'm sure she never forgot about you!" He stops me.

 

"Did she ever tell you about me? Can she tell you my favorite color?" I looked at him. I started to walk and look at the sky, I can feel tears forming."Don't be a disappointment like me. Stay with her and don't become a distant memory like me." I looked ahead to see the bus. 

 

"Well, I don't think she ever forgot about you." He patted my shoulder and walked towards the bus. 

 

"Y/B/N! Thank you for dinner!" Y/N hugged me.

 

I hold her a little longer and whisper in her ear,"I'm sorry for not being there for you... I hope I can come by more often and make up for the years I was away." I pull away to see her confused.

 

"What are you talking about? You have always been with me..." she reached for a necklace that was hidden by her shirt. Is that...

 

I finished packing for the military and went downstairs to see 3 year old Y/N holding her teddy bear crying. I placed my bags down and bent down to her height. "Y/N please stop crying... you look really ugly when you cry." She slowly stops crying and I wipe her tears. "Look at what I have for you." I pull out a necklace that had half a heart with a tiny (favorite color) jewel. On the curves it's reads little sister. 

 

"Wait where is the other piece?" 

 

I pull out my half of the heart that had a red jewel and words on the curve saying big brother. I placed them together and they magnetically connect forming a heart. "Listen, big brother will be gone for a while, so when ever you miss me you have this half to remember me." I take her half of the heart and place it around her neck. Then I took the other half and placed it around my neck. "If you ever loose this then I can't come back okay?"

 

She nodded her head, "I promise!"

 

I hear dads horn warning me to hurry up. I hug Y/N one last time and left. 

 

 

She brings out her half of the necklace and says,"I never forgot about you-" she was interrupted by her teacher telling her to hurry up. "I'm just glad that you never forgot me." She kissed me on my cheek and left to the bus. I can see her waving through the glass and I waved back.

 

I took a breath and smiled as their bus left the area. Wow... he was right... she didn't forget about me.