it's not me.

Stars in the night sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[present]

 

[2:30 pm]

 

 

“Yongseok-ah, don’t be afraid to confess. I am here. I will do my best to help you.”

 

Shin looked calm as he coaxed the younger one sitting facing him in the dimmed room. The same room they were in for the first interrogation after the case.

 

Yongseok nodded. He is the one who called Shin and they agreed on another interrogation. He had to put an end to this. To solve the remaining puzzles that left.

 

He placed both his hands on the table as he gently rubbed them.

 

“I didn’t kill him. I swear.”

 

 

Shin nodded.

 

“But you don’t have any witness.” Shin replied.

 

“I do. The stars in the night sky. The stars that kept me company that night. And every other night. They saw me as much as I saw them.”

 

Shin inhales slowly as he rest his back to the chair. Not something his sane mind would take but in this case the stars are are indeed the only ones who had seen everything that happened.

 

 

No words is heard from the young detective.

Patiently waiting for an explaination.

 

“II went to the rooftop that nIght around 2 am as I had trouble sleeping. It’s almost 4 am at the time when he texted me.I refused to tell him, but he insisted. He loved the view up there and look so excited. Until he missed a single step and.. I couldn’t save him..”

 

Unlike his calm expression when he entered the room, Yongseok looked upset as tears starts filling up his eyes. And one by one they falls to his cheek.

 

 

“...I’m sorry.”

 

Looking down. He couldn’t bear to face Shin.

This turns out to be what he was afraid of the most. Showing his softer side. How weak he is. He had been trying to conceal it since that incident but today he is unable to control it.

 

Shin turned over to the officer outside. They heard everything too.

 

Without waiting for their approval and decision, he got up and grab Yongseok into his embrace.

 

He would never expect Yongseok breaking into tears. Not this way. The one sobbing in his hug is not the Yongseok he used to know of.

 

This must be too difficult for him to handle of. He must stay by his side to support him as much as he co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter