6. Chapter

Ocean eyes

Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes! <33 I will correct them later on <3


He stared at his hands. Mind completely blank as he fixed his gaze onto his digits. His face stern, but eyes blown wide that they almost threatened to fall out.


 


 

Jongdae still couldn’t believe, what just had happened. The boy still wasn’t able to wrap his mind around it and so he just kept gazing at his two ring fingers. White snowflakes shimmering at the base of those two fingers that were also completely wrapped around them. Also shimmering at the inside oh his ring fingers, when he turned them around.

It looked breathtaking.


 


 

But as soon as he thought of that, realisation hit him hard and painful and he choked on his breath. Panting heavily, when he felt his heart contracting from fear, insecurity and helplessness at the situation.

A shock wave crossing his whole body that made the blood in his veins run cold as his body began to tremble.


 


 

Because…he just had bounded to (or in the human language ‘married) Minseok.

A boy, who despised him, a boy, who hated him, a boy, who wanted to kill him…


 


 

He was married to a boy after he hadn’t even been there for three weeks*…


 


 

Jongdae gulped hard as reality hit him another tome and his heart began to pound erratically as he in a harsh breath.

Not even three weeks and he was married to a man, who hated him, then he had to learn how to control his powers and had to, on top of that, save the world and maybe even die for it….


 


 

That was too much…just too much…


 


 

How was he supposed to handle all of this?….


 


 

“How….?”, he asked himself as he rolled up into a small ball with tears building in his eyes as he fell back onto his bed.

Momentarily forgetting, where he was as the memories of the past three weeks flashed through his head. Making the tears in his eyes escape as small whimpers left his mouth.


 


 

He had finally succeeded to adopt himself somehow, although he still had difficulties to accept that this was now reality….his new reality. And now it had become even more difficult that it had already been before….

It was just too overwhelming to get all those facts ordered in his head and he cringedas his whimpers turned into broken hiccups.

Because he didn’t want to accept that he was a prince, a now married prince…., who was supposed to be the saviour in this world.


 


 

His stomach turned upside down from the sickening feeling that built inside his gut at those thoughts. His muscles beginning to twitch and his and his heart tightening from the heavy feelings that fell upon it.

Almost crushing it….


 


 

Because he still couldn’t control his powers….not even the slightest bit. Even though he had trained so hard with Chanyeol and also Joonmyun and it angered him….it made him desperate, because….how was he supposed to save this world, when he didn’t even possess the basics of magical fighting and controlling?…

The only thing he had learnt in the past three weeks was how he could fight with swords, knives, lasers, guns, machine guns and poisonous weapons, since….well, everytime he had tried to use his powers he failed and almost half of the training centre exploded.

So he had tried some physical and mental training units with Joonmyun that should help him finding his inner balance to control his powers.

But they hadn’t really made any pivotal progress there too. The only thing they had succeeded to find out, was that Jongdae’s power had a mixed colour of blue and gold and hat to do something with electricity. More they didn’t know.


 

That made Jongdae only more frustrated and hurt and he cried out as he fisted the silky sheets beside him…


 


 

He was just a kid….a god-damn seventeen year old kid...how should he defeat the evil with just weapons and without magic?….

That wasn’t possible….


 


 

It made Jongdae only sob louder as his muscles quivered uncontrollably.


 


 

Why was he so weak?! So god damn useless and worthless?

Why couldn’t he control his powers, even though he tried his best every single day and pushed himself to his limits and even beyond them? Pushed himself until he was covered in dirt and sweat, until he had wounds and scratches, was panting and his whole body aching.

Every single muscle twitching from the overload he put himself through….


 


 

He did his best….even more than that….


 

So what more was he supposed yo do?


 

He didn’t know… He just didn’t know and it was sickening him, because it felt like he would be tilting at windmills. Always trying to punch them, to catch them, to control them, but failing every time, because it was simply impossible to win against them.

And so they just cut through him, took his power away and pressed him into the ground until he couldn’t breathe, nor move anymore. Until he was falling into the depths of a black hole, because he didn’t know, what to do and how to do it.

And so he kept falling.


 


 

He kept losing….losing hope….losing faith….losing everything, which left him defenseless and distraught.


 


 

But that hadn’t even been the worst part. Oh no….


 


 

The worst part happened four days ago, when the Queen had revealed him in front of their allies. Had revealed and announced that the Amél‘ é Urmura had returned to save them and their world and that he was already transforming and learning how to control his powers.


 


 

It had shocked him and he first was like a frozen ice block.

Then it had clicked in his head and a shudder had run down his spine. Making his whole body tremble and fear rise up inside him due all the questions that flew around in his head that blurred his vision.


 


 

Yet, before he even had the time to question anything and to say that he couldn’t control his powers and was still working on the basics, the people in the Great Bargaining Hall were already bowing to him. Like deeply bowing to him and his words got stuck in his throat.

He couldn’t utter a single word. The devastating and crushing feeling that was taking over him in his heart, along with the overwhelming shock from the realisation that had hit him and the huge respect towards him too, was paralysing him.

Turning him into a frozen statue, because he couldn’t move…couldn’t talk…couldn’t think…


 


 

All he was able to do was to feel….


 


 

And what he felt for the rest of the day destroyed him.


 


 

Because after that they had thrown a huge party along with the leading war masters and political representatives, who were talking about the further steps and moves in the war. Whereas others had bowed to him, had kissed his hands, had given him gifts and had thanked him for finally saving their universe.


 


 

And that had broken his heart, making him want to cry out his pain, his frustration and to hide away, because he couldn’t stand it.


 


 

All the pressure had just gotten stronger, the expectations higher and his worries bigger.

Since he could see the exhaustion in their eyes, the sadness and the pain they had suffered through in all those years of war….

The wounds and scars on their bodies and soul. Their bitterness, anger and fury towards their enemies….


 


 

But also towards him….


 


 

Practically screaming “Why the hell have you left us, when we needed you the most? Why the hell have you let us down?” at him and his heart only grew heavier.


 


 

It was because he knew that they were right, he knew that this was his fault….that everything was his fault and he wished that he could change it. He wished that he could change the past….that he could help….that he could do something.

Yet, he couldn’t…and that was, what ripped him apart the most. What made him feel like a blade would pierce his heart over and over again….cutting him into hundreds of pieces until nothing would be going to be left.


 


 

And it hurt…it hurt, because what was even worse than seeing the anger in their eyes towards him…was seeing the faith and hope shimmering in them.


 


 

The hope and faith they had, because of him again….the hope and faith they put into him again.

The hope they put into him in saving them….into rescuing them and killing the evil.


 


 

And believe him…he wanted to do nothing more than that.


 


 

But he didn’t know how and even though he wanted to tell them, he didn’t have to courage and the heart to do so, when the different species looked at him like that…smiled at him like that.

A smile filled with belief, with esperance.


 


 

He couldn’t just shatter their hope….he didn’t want to.

He didn’t want to take their faith away…


 


 

So he had just stayed silent and had smiled back, even though he wanted to sob and run away.


 


 

Since all ‘magical-like’ he had been able to learn were the three levels of controlling his telepathic abilities and shielding his mind from other telepaths.

It had been difficult, though, since each level had a different pain level.


 


 

The first one, mind reading, was only an uncomfortable tingly sensation. The second level, breaking into somebody’s mind, felt like a burning fire and the third, controlling one’s mind, felt like somebody would try to split your brain into two halves that was accompanied by a hammering on top of that.

And the first time Jongdae had felt that one and a half weeks ago, he had cried out in pain and had began to trash around. Joonmyun, of course, had instantly apologised and had tried to calm him down as Yixing, their healer, had checked, if there had been any brain damage.

But luckily there hadn’t been any and he had also calmed down very quickly and had accepted Joonmyun’s apology.

He also had been in no way mad at the Prince, since he himself had wanted to experience how it felt. So after he had, he had just gotten more determined to learn the technique to control it and had also kept practising after their training hours.


 


 

Jongdae kept repeating the different poses and had meditated almost two hours per day to improve faster. And all the aches he had gotten during his training sessions, had also been healed by Yixing so that he could keep up his instruction lessons without any further struggle…and also because he couldn’t heal himself…

And even though he kept improving and getting better…his powers didn’t appear and were still blocked, which depressed him…

Because he didn’t know why and also the others weren’t able to help him any more than they already did.


 


 

It was devastating.


 


 

Yet, that wasn’t his only concern.


 


 

He also though a lot about his friends. If they were safe, of they could make it…or if they were dead….

Those thoughts kept plaguing him and it hurt.


 


 

What worried him more, and now the most though, was Minseok.

The Prince hated him with his whole heart and wasn’t afraid of showing it in front of everybody.

It didn’t matter, what Jongdae had tried those three weeks, he couldn’t get near Minseok. The latter had always ignored him and had treated him like some kind of lower species. Always showing Jongdae his hatred and the smaller was helpless, because no matter, what he said, how hard he worked or tried….it never seemed to be enough for Minseok to even spare him a glance.

So he had tried to talk to him and had accidentally brought up the topic with his sister…


 


 

He shouldn’t have….


 


 

Because as soon as he had asked, Minseok had grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and had shoved him harshly against the white marble wall. His eyes glowing as ice had formed around them and on Jongdae’s clothes that made it impossible for him to move.

Also his organs had been becoming hypothermic until they were almost frozen, which had made it almost impossible to breathe for Jongdae. It had almost killed him…and Minseok had also threatened to do so, if he would be going to ask that question ever again.


 


 

After that the boy had grabbed his throat and Jongdae had cried out in pain and had tried to wriggle out of the taller’s hold, but he had been to weak and the coldness too strong, which had made him shiver in fear as he had given up.

He had felt helpless and useless….his muscles jolting from the ache and anxiety that had run through him. Making him whimper as tears had built in his eyes, before he had muttered a hoarse “I am sorry”.

But Minseok had just scoffed at that and had told him that he would never make it. That it would be better, if he would just disappear and die and that he would never accept Jongdae as his mate. And would on top of that not marry him in three days.


 


 

After that they had suddenly heard Joonmyun yell at Minseok and the older had almost attacked his younger brother, but Minseok had instantly thrown Jongdae onto the ground roughly and had left them.

Joonmyun shocked by that, had instantly run over to the half-frozen and sobbing boy and had cooed at and calmed him as he had brought Jongdae over to Yixing. Fury and pain visible in his eyes as Joonmyun swore to give Minseok a lecture.


 


 

But Jongdae had stopped him.

Jongdae himself didn’t even know, why really. Because he would normally have just ignored that and it wouldn’t have bothered him. He would have even encouraged Joonmyun and gotten angry, due the way Minseok was treating him with such disrespect.

Yet, with Minseok it was different…because Minseok himself was different.


 


 

Jongdae could sense that somehow….and it made him realise that behind that wall of despise and coldness had to be something vulnerable and fragile….

Because many people, who acted that way were often hurt and didn’t want or know how to deal with it. So in order of not being exposed, they hid it away to not show any kind of weakness and would turn cold and merciless.


 


 

The smaller knew that and he could see it, could see it in Minseok’s eyes. Something else had been in there, beside that hatred, when he had grabbed Jongdae….and that feelings were sadness and hurt.

And Jongdae didn’t know why and how he could even feel like that after, what had happened, but he wanted to help the boy. Something inside him wanted to help Minseok to overcome his grief and he didn’t know, what it was. But he was willing to find it out and to suppress it, if it would be necessary, because he didn’t want to feel that way.

He didn’t want his heart to skip a beat at the though of the boy or his body to heat up or his heart to fasten up.


 


 

He didn’t want that….


 


 

So he had tried to avoid Minseok the best he could.


 


 

Turned out, though, that it was simply not possible and that destiny apparently had other things planned for him.


 


 

Because three days after their encounter, which meant today, he had found himself in a huge dark Hall that was made of earth right under the palace.

Dressed in a sliver-white robe that decorated his abdomen along with golden-white wide pants and silver boots.


 


 

The only light coming from the people standing right in front of him.

And he recognized them as the Queen and the three Princes.


 


 

The Queen wearing a white long glittery, with a lace pattern covered, dress, around her flying pink and white blossoms. Her long hair falling behind her shoulder that almost touched the ground as he crown stood proudly on her head.

After that Joonmyun followed. Wearing a similar robe as Jongdae, just that his was one complete overall and coloured in a dark shimmering blue along with a light blue, while water surrounded him. Letting the green-blue fish scales on his skin shimmer beautifully.

Then Jongin followed and wore the same clothing. Sehun, too.

Just that Jongin’s was black with some dark red shining diamonds attached onto it as the tiger-lines on his face appeared and disappeared.

Sehun on the other hand was wearing a white-orange robe. Around him flying feathers and little tornados….


 


 

It was stunning….they all were stunning…


 


 

But then suddenly something else caught his attention and he turned around to his left side. Only to freeze in his spot, when he spotted Minseok. The boy wearing exactly the same clothes as him. Just in a white icy-blue silvery and golden colour. His hair styled up as the ice-crown on his head shimmered slightly sheer, while little snowflakes feel down around him.

It looked absolutely gorgeous and Jongdae felt his heart skip a beat and a blush creeping up his cheeks.


 


 

But as soon as he had felt that, realisation and horror took over his system and he remembered, which day it was.


 


 

His wedding day….


 


 

The day of their boding, which he didn’t want to happen….


 


 

When he thought of that, his knees became jittery and his body began to tremble. His heart pounding erratically against his rib cage as if it wanted to escape as dread and terror took over his system. Everything practically screaming at him to run away.

And believe him….he tried…


 


 

But he couldn’t….he wasn’t able to move a single muscle….


 

Like something superior would have taken the control over him and it frightened him even more.


 


 

Yet, he couldn’t think any further about it, when something else ripped him out of his thoughts and numbed his complete system.

And suddenly the whole earthy Hall lit up. Revealing a glowing tree in its centre. The long leaves glowing in all different kinds of colours as its roots….wooden roots?!…spread through the whole room.

Ending on four statues that were made of….stone.


 


 

Normal stone.


 


 

Not marble, nor metal, nor steel….just normal stone.


 


 

And the statues showed four different Gormorrans, two female and two males, above and around them symbols and letters in the Gormorran language that Jongdae couldn’t understand.

And then their eyes and outline of their figures suddenly began to glow, which startled Jongdae and he yelped out loudly, his heart now pounding even faster as the urge to escape this only grew. And also the whole Hall was covered by the same symbols and images that were glowing in the colour of the tree, which didn’t quite help this urge to go away.


 


 

Yet, he still couldn’t move and when he looked around again, abruptly butterflies began to surround them as more came out of the tree and he tensed, when they were flying towards him and Minseok.

They were also shimmering in different colours like the tree, their bodies completely transparent as their triangle glass wings shimmered even lighter, when they began to surround them.


 


 

After that they began to build a kind of circle and began to fly faster and faster around them both, which forced the two boys to totally face each other, although Jongdae tried to fight it.

But it had no use….

He still couldn’t control his body….and so he decided to give up, although he, his mind and body still wanted to fight….

But it had no use….


 


 

And when he came back to reality again he realised that everything around them had been shut out due the big circle the butterflies were forming and which only got bigger and bigger until it was completely closed around them.

That was the moment Jongdae’s vision blurred and everything around him got fuzzy. It put put him into a trance-like state as he diverted his gaze to Minseok’s ocean blue eyes again, or was rather made to do it.

And then he saw that Minseok was in a similar state as him, just that he was less affected and that was the moment Jongdae saw it again. Saw the boy’s cold eyes, filled with hatred and despise and the need to get rid of him, which made and ice-cold shudder run down his spine and urged his insides even more to escape.

Yet, that urge only worsened his state until he was almost not able to see anything anymore and until his muscles and body felt completely limp and numbed.


 


 

So he could only feel the butterflies settling down onto them and covering their bodies as whispering voices suddenly began to speak around him. Whispering incomprehensible words and sentences as their voices only got louder, which made more horror rise up inside Jongdae.

But he still wasn’t able to do anything….his body still not following his will.


 


 

So he wasn’t able to do anything, when his and Minseok’s fingers were entangled, with each other, which made Jongdae cry out in pain. A burning and ice-cold sensation crossing his body, making him tremble violently as the voices now sang and spoke at the same time.

Making his his head even more fuzzy due the overwhelming sensation that radiated through his body that also brought tears to his eyes.


 


 

But that wasn’t the only thing he felt…


 


 

There was also something else beside that unpleasant feeling…


 


 

Something bigger and tingly….something warm and endearing that made him feel safe and comfortable….


 


 

Yet, he didn’t have the time to feel this sensation any longer, because then a final glow followed, turning everything around them into a blue, red, white and green colour, before the butterflies withdrew quickly and all the light suddenly disappeared.


 


 

Letting him collapse onto the ground.

Panting heavily as he still felt this burning, but pleasant sensation, inside him that made his heart throb and his body shiver violently.

It had Jongdae near losing consciousness.


 


 

But then he heard those words….

The bonding ceremony has ended. Minseok and Jongdae are now bonded mates and the new Kings of Gormorria”,

which had ripped him out of his smudgy state and he instantly looked up.


 


 

Only to shiver in horror and fear, when he was met with Minseok dark and disdainful look.


 


 

And then, the next moment, he had found himself flying.

Flying through the air, before he hit the hard ground. Screaming and crying from the pain as he pitchpoled himself over and over again until he hit the stone wall. Choking on his breath as he grunted, when he hit the floor with his back.


 


 

He sunk into himself as his vision became a blur as the last word he had heard were,

I’d rather kill him than letting him dirty my honour”,

before his vision went black.


 


 

So….that was how he now ended up sobbing, crying and trembling in his chambers. Wanting to go back to Earth….to his real home and to leave this god damn and cruel world, where was nothing….where he was useless even though he was the Amél‘ é Urmura.

His heart was pounding erratically against his chest as he remembered the pain he had felt back then during the wedding ceremony and also the past few weeks….

It made him shiver violently, every muscle in his body twitching fiercely.


 


 

Because he knew that he was stuck here….that he couldn’t go home….that he had an uncontrollable power, which he couldn’t handle and bring out….


 


 

And now he was, on top of that, also married to a Prince, who had tried to kill him….twice


 


 


 

How could it get any worse?….

 


*1 week has 11 days

and 1 month has 5 weeks in their universe