4. Chapter

Ocean eyes

Jongdae was shook. He wasn’t able to move, nor to talk, nor to think, nor to do anything that wasn’t staring and gaping blankly at the Queen, while she told him everything. All he was able to proceed inside his head was, “It is true…. Grandfather’s stories are all true….”

Because his grandfather had always told him that story and many others. Had always told him tales about a planet named Carpricra and its beauty. He had told him about the ‘Prince of hope’ and that this Prince had the power to defeat the evil and rebuild Carpricra again. He had also talked about this other legend the Queen had mentioned.

It was a legend about the most early years of existence of the three planets. That they hadn’t always lived in peace with each other. That trillions of years ago a similar thing had happened.


 


 

The legend said that Plotus has turned his back on the others and began to fight them. That everything in the evil King’s way was pulverized and turned dark and vicious and that nothing had been able to stop him. But a new born prince of Carpricra, the future husband of the Prince of Gormorria, had the power to do so, because he had a pure heart and soul and so he was chosen from the only Aquamarine that had existed back that time on Carpricra. It was told that Aquamarines had such a pureness that only people with the purest souls and powers would get chosen by them and that they had the power to purify even the most evil soul and even kill vicious creatures that had caused or would cause too much harm. So when the Prince had gotten chosen by one, everybody knew, what his purpose was. And so the Prince fought against Jat’ka and was about to kill the King, when that one had vowed vengeance before his death. That he would destroy Carpricra and everybody that lived on it. And so the Prince, called Amél Urmur, swore to stop him and also used the rest of his power to reincarnate his powers so that they would be born in another Prince, when the evil would return to destroy his home.

And the legend also said that the Prince’s soul, or rather powers, would be reborn in somebody with a pure soul that was even purer than Amél Urmur‘s. And that this somebody would shine in a light blue colour, even before he would be born and that an Aquamarine would chose him, when he was still in his mother’s stomach.


 


 

That was, what the legend said.


 


 

But of course Jongdae thought that it was only a simple story to entertain kids. But now that the Queen had mentioned it and had told him about his past….he knew that it wasn’t just a legend. And if it had been, then it had become true now. It became reality….and he….he still couldn’t get that fact into his head. He still refused to believe it.


 


 

So he leaned back with his shaking figure, chuckling breathlessly as he shook his head in disbelief.

“N-No….I-I am not the Amél‘ é Urmura. There must be some mistake. I-I am not a Prince n-nor do I have royal b-blood flowing th-through my veins. I-I am just a n-normal human teenager….a normal high schooler”, he blabbered absent-mindedly as he looked outraged at the queen. Practically begging her to agree with him, to tell him that this legend was just some stupid legend and nothing more.

That he wasn’t something special.


 


 

But to his dismay, she just gave him an apologetic look as she shook her head. Remorse evident in her black eyes, like she herself would like to tell him exactly that. That it all was just a simple mistake and that he was the wrong person.

But something else in he facial expression told Jongdae that she couldn’t do that, although she desperately wanted to.


 


 

So again she shook her her head and Jongdae began to shake, shake violently as a cold chill ran down his spine, making tears fill his eyes.

“I am sorry, Jongdae. I wish I could tell you that all of that is not true and….and that you are just simply human. But I can’t and I am so so sorry for that, because I can see your fear, your grief, your disbelief and your confusion. And I can understand, why you feel like that….really….and I hope that I can help you the best I can. But I cannot lie to you. Not when destiny has proven us that you clearly are the descendant of the Prince Amél. And believe me, at first I also thought that this couldn’t be and that it was just a simple legend.

A story, a fairytale without any truth in it. But when Plotus attacked us, I began to understand and see, how blind I, we all, have been. And when your father married a human, he had brought from another dimension and he stomach began to glow, I began to believe. And when the Aquamarine flew toward her stomach on its own I stopped doubting destiny and swore to never doubt it again.

Because all three predictions for the return of Amél‘s powers got fulfilled and we all knew, what that meant. Believe me, I would really want it not to be true, because then we wouldn’t have a war going on for about 200 years now and you wouldn’t be in this complicated situation and Carpricra would still exist. I would really wish it not to be true, but it is. No matter, what we are going to try or do. We cannot change destiny”, she finished and Jongdae felt his tears roll down his face. His heart tightening from the stabbing pain as he felt like somebody would be squashing him between two massive walls over and over again.


 


 

Everything in his body ached and screamed for help. He felt a flash ripping through his veins, making his insides feel like they would be charring and he could see his pattern glowing again, before he gasped from the pain in his chest. He screamed and trashed around, whimpering and yelling for help as everything around him became a blur again.

The last thing he heard was a female voice, a shouting voice, before his vision .


 


 

-


 


 

Jongdae felt a cosy warmth surrounding him and he opened his eyes slowly. Only to get blinded by a piercing light, which made him groan as he tried to adjust it. His body felt sore and as he tried to move it only worsened and he hissed lowly. Massaging his head, because it felt like it was about to explode as he looked around. Trying to figure out, where he was.

And when he recognized the white-beige marble and the king-sized bed, he remembered, what had happened and his headache instantly worsened as his chest tightened, which made him curse.


 


 

The boy groaned heavily as he tried to stand up with his jittery legs.

He wanted to go, to flee….he wanted to go home, because all of this was just….insane.

So he took small, quiet and careful steps toward the door. Always looking for somebody to come.


 


 

But that very moment he spotted a large wall-long mirror on his right side and he promptly halted.

His eyes widened and a loud shriek escaped his mouth as he stumbled backwards and fell harshly onto the ground, since what he saw completely shocked him.


 


 

He had silver hair and….and….and ing warm-grey fluffy cat ears instead of his normal ones along with three tails on his lower back. But that wasn’t the only thing that made him freeze. Also his crystalline pattern had spread over his whole body….it had even covered one half of his face and….and on the back of his head was….a something crystalline-like circle?….

He didn’t know what to call it, but it was a connection between his two ears on his occiput and it was crystalline. Shining blue as it was traversed by golden-white vein-similar lines along with some light yellow spots.


 


 

It looked kinda amazing and he was stunned by it….but….what the ing hell?!


 


 

He came closer to the huge mirror and ogled himself more closely another time.

“What the is happening to me?”, he whispered to himself, his escape plan completely forgotten, as he felt his heart clenching from an unpleasant sensation inside it. It began to beat at an abnormal fast pace, when he touched his ears. Feeling that they, in fact, really were real and not just imagination….

And again he felt as clueless and powerless as he had felt before.


 


 

And the memories along with the information, that were coming back and filled his head, weren’t helping him either.

Because….when that actually was reality and everything that he was told was true, then….how was he supposed to end this war and destroy the evil? How, when he wasn’t even able to control his body and its transformation? How was he then supposed to be able to fight or use magic? If that was even possible for him.

But from everything that he had seen and experience until now, it wouldn’t surprise him, if he could use magic in this dimension.


 


 

He looked up at his reflection again and asked himself so many questions. Doubts and fear making his heart hurt and his body quiver. Making him feel like he would drown, like somebody would smash his heart into a flat piece of paper as other hands kept him under water. Pulling him deeper into the darkness as his air supply was being cut off, making it difficult to breathe for him.

“How am I supposed to kill the King, when I cannot even act as a prince and control my own powers?”, he mumbled unconsciously, lost in his thoughts.


 


 

“By being patient and learn it, I would suggest”, a voice beside him suddenly said and he yelped as he flinched away, before he looked up. Only to be met with a tall girl with fluffy yellow lama-ears and two lama tails. She had blonde hair and normal coloured skin along with bright brown eyes. A wide smile plastered on her face as she looked down to a perplexed Jongdae, which made her snicker.

“Good morning, my Prince. I hope you had enough sleep, because today is going to be quite exhausting for you. I am Kraman, or inn your language ‘Amber’. I am your personal coordinator and bodyguard, who will plan your day and also protect you along with two more guardians”, she said and bowed almost ninety degrees.

“I also have to say that it is a great honour for me to protect you and to be your coordinator. I hope that I will do a good job”, she finished and smiled brightly at him and that showed the sharp fangs she had, which made him shudder, but he tried not to freak out and to stay calm.


 


 

But that still didn’t help his jelly-like body as he tried to stand up, but terribly failed every time he tried to. A bright red blush creeping over his face from the shame and embarrassment that rose inside him as he helplessly looked at her. God….was he now also too stupid to even walk on his own?….

“I….uhm….I cannot s-stand up….so- eh- c-could you help me, please?”, he mumbled as his voice broke at the end of the sentence. His embarrassment just too strong ans his face almost blushing scarlet as he looked at the ground to not make the situation any more awkward as it already was. Well….at least for him.


 


 

Amber, though, didn’t seem to care about that that much as a gentle smile formed on her face, before she walked over to him to pick him up in a fast motion as if he would weight nothing. He squeaked in shock and clutched onto her, his body still shivering as he glanced over to her.

Expecting the girl to have a scoffing or mocking expression. But was only met with bright and understanding eyes along with a gracious smile that played around the corner of the girl’s lips and he relaxed a bit.

Happy that she didn’t laugh at him for not being able to walk on his own.


 


 

“I would never, well depends on the situation, but I would never laugh at you, when you really have problems or struggles with something, my Prince”, she stated randomly as they exited the room and Jongdae held his breath. His face turning even redder as he gave Amber an outraged expression.

“H-How?”, he tried to ask, but his voice cracked another time half the way as he remembered Heechul’s words and his eyes grew even bigger until he looked like a gaping fish.

“Y-You can a-also read-”

“minds? Yup, I can. I may not have the same appearance as my friend Heechul, but most Gormorrans have mind-reading abilities. Some more some less. It depends on how hard you work to perfect them and how often you use them. So here in the royal family and in the government almost everybody can read minds perfectly. In the normal population only some can read minds as good as we do, but most only have the basic knowledge and also don’t use it that much. But there is also a technique to shield your brain so that other’s cannot read your thoughts or you can also fake them. But it takes a lot of training to do it and only the royal family members can do so”, she explained to him and a small smile formed on her face as she locked eye contact with the tomato-red Prince.

“So, no, I wouldn’t laugh at you in such situations. There I would rather slap myself, because what is happening to you is completely normal, when the crystals merge with their owners, but it is a very painful process. Carprians can often not walk or stand during their transformation and have to rely on others. Some even throw up or feel nauseous due the overwhelming power that builds inside them, because their body has to adjust it and learn to accept it. I must say that I have expected worse symptoms to appear as long as you transform, my Prince, since you are not completely Carprian.

And, well, Aquamarines are, were, the most rare crystals on Carpricra and so we don’t know, how your body will be going to react to it. But I guess that loosing consciousness for almost four times and not being able to walk is a pretty fair deal. So, I would rather congratulate you. But I cannot promise to not laugh at you on other occasions. Depends on how you behave and how funny it is”, she said in a soft tone and dipped her head low as a sign of respect and Jongdae felt his cheeks heating up even more as he averted his gaze to his hands.


 


 

“T-Thank you, Amber”, he stuttered and she snickered at the Prince’s cute reaction.

“No problem. And now to today’s plans. First of all, we’ll dress you properly. Then you’ll meet the whole royal family and then you have some training to learn to adapt your power and to complete the process faster and during that time your marriage will be planned”, Amber continued to blabber and Jongdae stiffened as he heard the word ‘marriage’.

“W-Why marriage? A-And t-to whom?”,he asked puzzled as he looked over to Amber again.


 


 

But she just chuckled and answered, “You already know, but have maybe forgotten it due the stressful events the previous days. But you’ll see it soon enough my Prince”, which left Jongdae completely dumbstruck as the picture of a certain tall and cold Prince plopped into his mind.


 


 

Leaving him a blushing mess as his insides began to feel hot. The butterflies in his stomach going crazy as his unbelievable rapid heartbeat almost broke his ribcage from the tons of tingly emotions that filled it.


I am going to upload a picture of Chen's pattern on his arms by the way. I will upload it tomorrow or today. 

So for people, who are interested to see it, can look into my gallery then.

The people, who want to leave it to their imagination, don't have to see it <3