MahaKannada Kingdom

BAHUGANDHA: THE SEVEN-KINGDOM WORLD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MAHAKANNADA KINGDOM
AGRICULTURAL REGION

 

The first village-kingdom of the agricultural region is the Mahakannada Kingdom. It is the second largest village-kingdom in the region. The topography of the village kingdom was huge yet very luxuriant and luscious. Below of the village kingdom, it was surrounded by large yet luxuriant rainforest and coconut tree forests filled with green coconuts. The skies were blue but the weather’s humid and warm at the same time. They were white, flying storks around the rice fields. Some of the storks were picking fleas from the cows’ back for food. The people were busy harvesting coconuts in the kingdom’s coconut farms. The rice farmers were busy harvesting rice in the gargantuan, luxuriant rice fields. The fishermen in the northwest were busy fishing and catching fish. Most of the village kingdom’s houses were made of concrete and bricks.

The fishermen and farmers' clothing were made of cambric and cotton. Sometimes, the clothing that they wore was made of nylon. In the other side of the village, there were a hundred white, red and beige stout hens running and eating grains in the ground. There were also black hens in the village. The human-sized, Tharparkar and Brahman cows were eating grasses in the grassy areas. Those cows were roan and had bigger and sharper horns rather than in the Mahatamil Village-Kingdom. There are Ongole cattle, too in the village. The stout pigs enjoyed playing in the mud as they were staying in their fenced habitat. Kannada is the language which the kingdom’s people speak. The people speak also Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu.

Mulyabhimana – a Kannadiga and a rice farmer, was enjoyed playing tag together with the village's children around the village. He was very tall, handsome but beefy, bear mode muscular man in terms of body shape. He has bushy yet straight, neck length short hair, and his eyes are dark brown. He was wearing his stretchy royal blue, fitted, deep O-neck t-shirt paired with his cotton golden double big-bordered dhoti folded into half and tied it up. His dhoti was blue on its color and made of Mysore silk. He was running from the village’s luxuriant rainforest until he reached to their two-story concrete home. The little boys were wearing t-shirt and dhoti, whereas the little girls were wearing ‘langa voni’[1]. In speaking of lungi, the hens ran away as the children enjoyed playing him because they treated him as their 'big brother'. A few seconds later, one of the village’s children pushed Mulyabhimana's left arm by hand.

"I got you!" cried the child in a loud voice.

Suddenly, Mulyabhimana accidentally fell down on the ground as his left foot touches to the medium-sized stone unconsciously. He rolled down on the ground for few turns. He got stunned loudly. The little children paused running. Fortunately, he had few bruises and tiny wounds on his arms, hands, and legs. He had dirt on his dhoti. He felt the pain that he had today.

"Mulya! Mulyabhimana!" shouted the boys worriedly.

“Mulyabhimana!” added the young girls worriedly.

They were worriedly surprised as they immediately approached him what’s happening.

“Brother, are you alright?” asked the little girl to him innocently.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry. It was an accident to push you by hand." cried the second boy to him.

“Uh-um…I’m fine. Nothing’s bad,” replied Mulyabhimana as he slowly stood up on the ground.

His back and lower back got swollen. He cleaned up his dhoti using his both bare hands. He also cleaned up the dirt on his both arms as he noticed some bruises and wounds. Some children looked at his bruises and wounds. They found out nothing wrong but only blood spilling lightly on his both arms.

“Oh my, you have wounds on your arms.” cried the petite little boy.

“Yeah. But no need to worry about me, kids. I’m still fine and active,” said Mulyabhimana confidently.

“Really? But what about your wounds? Wouldn’t you heal them right away?” asked the little stout guy curiously.

"Kids, I said fine. I'll be the one to heal my own wounds at home. And besides, there's nothing wrong with the wounds and bruises I've had. I need to heal them as I go home later." answered Mulyabhimana bravely.

"Oh, well, we totally understand your bravery despite that your -spirited." said the petite child jokingly.

Mulyabhimana laughed at the children's jokes about his true nature, and, lately, he didn’t mind them. Suddenly, his grandmother named Pavitra noticed him standing and conversing with the children. She called his son's name for a while.

"I have to go home now, kids. Cause big brother will have something to do. Okay? See you next time" said Mulyabhimana.

The kids nodded their hands as they bid goodbye to each other by waving hands. The children were running away and continued playing tag. Mulyabhimana walked a few steps and he approached his grandmother. He felt the pain in his lower back while walking. His upper and lower back starts swelling. Pavitra was wearing white mixed with red and blue saree in Mysore silk. Her hair was dyed with grey color. She's barefooted and had an engine red bindi[2] on her head between the eyebrows.

"Son, where have you been, huh?" called Pavitra.

"In the rainforest, grandma, playing tag with the children," answered Mulyabhimana.

"Oh, Bhagwan! You’re making yourself dangerous. But you’re definitely brave no matter what happens. Okay, okay. At least you've come home now and please help me to cook pork fry now. Your grandpa and your husband’s coming home from the Mahatamil Kingdom." said Pavitra.

"Okay, grandma," replied Mulyabhimana in a nod.

While walking to the doorway, Pavitra looked at his son's wounds and bruises. She felt worried about him.

"Mulyabhimana, what happened to you? You have wounds on your arms and legs!" she asked.

"Okay, okay, but you should be careful what you run, " added Pavitra.

She went ahead to the kitchen and start preparing the ingredients she needs. Mulyabhimana went next to the kitchen as he starts bringing a kilo of pork belly cuts and its fats.

"Mulyabhimana. Can you please bring all the spices we have?"

"Where, grandma?" asked Mulyabhimana while bringing.

"Right next to our storage. Just place them on the coffee table. Okay? I’ll be the one to mince those." answered Pavitra as she started heating the non-stick pan.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter