Ch. 9

He's the Killer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk walks over to me, a stern look in his eyes, and reaches out to me.

 

 


(What is he doing?)

 

 


He puts his hands on my shoulders, spins me around and softly pushes me towards the office door.

 

 


"Just go home. It's late."

 

 


"Oh..."

 

 


I sense no anger or contempt in his gentle voice. But I also get the sense that he's putting up a wall. And I'm about to cry.

 

 


"Why aren't you mad at me? I really messed up bad...and you have to pay for it."

 

 


"Rebuking you for being new won't solve anything. All you can do is learn from this mistake. And not do it again. Unless you'd rather prefer I get mad and yell at you?"

 

 


Yongguk finishes with that and returns to his desk to work on his computer some more. It's as if he's silently saying, 'Just go home. Now.' Unable to hold myself back, I call out to him as a last resort.

 

 


"Isn't there anything I can do to help you?"

 

 


Yongguk looks back at me, and slowly speaks.

 

 


"What you can do to help me..."

 

 


I gulp quietly, waiting for the rest of his sentence. But Yongguk's hard expression doesn't change as he says,

 

 


"No. There's nothing."

 

 


Those words are like a dagger in my heart. Yongguk swirls around in his chair, his back to me, as if to say, 'conversation over', and starts to sort through some papers on the shelf.

 

 


(I guess he doesn't want to talk anymore...)

 

 


"Sorry I pushed all this on you all of a sudden... I'll go now."

 

 


I say, my throat scratchy, as I quietly leave Yongguk's office.

 

 


~~*~~

 

 


"Ahh..."

 

 


The next day. I'm all sighs, still unable to recover from yesterday's blunder.

 

 


(Because of my stupid mistake, Yongguk has to slip out of work tonight, to see that crazy client.)

 

 


Just then, Junhong arrives at work, cheerfully humming.

 

 


"Mornin'!"

 

 


"Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter