Ch. 2

He's the Killer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Yongguk and I walk down the hospital hallway...old memories come flooding back to me.

 

 

(Back in middle school and high school...Mr. Bang used to come over a lot to visit.)

 


*"Like I told you, Heenim. You're too soft. Sometimes you have to be ruthless."

 


"Ooh, Gukkie, look at you. Giving me advice like you're my father."

 


"Well, we have known each other for a long time."

 


"Oh my! You naughty boy, you..."

 


"Why'm I naughty? You're not making sense. Gimme another glass of wine."

 


"Coming up, dear."*

 


I've always thought it was a little strange...My uncle is older than Yongguk. But listening to them interact, that's hard to believe. But now that I've grown up a little, along with them. I better understand their friendship.

 


(It's because they trust and respect each other so  much that they can say mean things to each other like that. And as far as I know, Mr. Bang only talks bluntly like that with my uncle. That just goes to show how close those two are.)

 


As I think back fondly on the past... Yongguk and I pass through the hospital entrance. But Yongguk doesn't head for the train station. Instead, he walks to the parking garage, with a completely bland look on his face.

 


(Oh. We're not taking the train...Which means...)

 


We walk to the quiet, dark parking lot and for some reason, I can't calm my racing heart.

 


(I never imagined this morning that I'd be riding in a car with Mr. Bang toninght...)

 


I walk behind Yongguk until we arrive at a car.

 


"Are you driving me home?"

 


"Yeah."

 


"Wow... awesome! I love riding in cars."

 


"You do? Well, glad I could make you happy."

 


"Mn...?"

 


Yongguk turns and smiles at me, head-on. Now my heart is racing even faster.

 

"Hop on in."

 

 

"Oh...thank you."

 


Yongguk casually opens the passenger door for me.

 


(Driving a car like this...is a perfectly ordinary thing for him. He sure is a grown-up.)

 


My heart skips a beat over his chivalry. I've never been escorted into a car. I've known Yongguk for a very long time. But instead of being like a brother to me...he's been more like a representative of 'a grown man'. Like someone I could never be with, no matter how hard I reached. That's what Bang Yongguk is to me.

 


I get in the car and put on my seat belt then Yongguk sets the gear in reverse and begins to drive the car out of his parking spot.

 


(Wow...)

 


As Yongguk turns his head to look behind him a sweet scent I can't place wafts from his neck. His big hands on the steering wheel are also firm and manly.

 


(Maybe it's because we're in a small enclosed space like this. But I'm catching every little movement he's making. Actually...I'm having hard time knowing where it's safe to look!)

 


Finally the car leaves the parking structure and heads out onto the street. I hate silence. It always feels so awkward to me. So I nervously try to start a conversation.

 


"S-So, I was surprised..."

 


"Hm?"

 


"That you're a rental boyfriend. I never would have guessed. I mean, aren't you the president of an architecture firm? Why are you being a rental boyfriend?"

 


(Most boys do it for money...but since he's a CEO, I doubt that's the case... So why is he doing it? For the excitement?)

 


"That's a good question. At first, I started it as a sort of favor to Heechul. And here we are, four years later."

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter