Ch. 4

He's the Killer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk told us to go into the store ahead of him while he parked. So Jaehyun and I head off alone into a tall building that contains many clothing shops.

 

 


"Mr. Bang is a very impressive Rose cast member. Every woman who's been on just one date with him goes crazy." 

 

 


"Oh, really..."

 

 


My old acquaintance Yongguk is a rental boyfriend it's still difficult for me to imagine that.

 

 


(I can imagine him going on the dates... but the real issue here is, uh...sleeping with woman. And getting paid for it. I can't imagine that...and I don't want to imagine it either.)

 

 


But maybe that's just because I'm biased from lack of experience. My college boyfriend and I never went that far...

 

 


"So, uh... Mr. Bang does it too, right? The, er...special options."

 

 


"Yeah... I heard that when we first opened, he was much more permissive. But now, he only allows his special options, for clients that would be very beneficial to the business." 

 

 


"Oh... I see..."

 

 


A part of me feels relieved to hear that.

 

 


~~*~~

 

 


Finally, Yongguk catches up with us and we start shopping. We're in a boutique that has both men's and women's clothing.

 

 


"Which one is better?" Jaehyun

 

 


"I like this one. It's simple. Not only will it go well with your date, but you can show off your personality more. You shouldn't try to dress up too stiff and formal. You'll look too desperate." Yongguk

 

 


(Mr. Bang isn't pulling any punches. He's sure got good fashion sense.)

 

 


Jaehyun takes the bundle of clothes with him into the fitting room. Then Yongguk's eyes shift over to the women's section.

 

 


"Hey, Daehyun, come here." 

 

 


"Hm?"

 

 


Yongguk picks up a garment and holds it up onto my body.

 

 


"As I thought, it suits you."

 

 


"Huh?"

 

 


I glance in the mirror. It's sophisticated, but simply designed. I have to admit, I do look good in it.

 

 


"Wow... I've never worn nice clothes such as this before. But... I kind of like it."

 

 


"Want me to buy it for you?"

 

 


"Huh? B-But..."

 

 


"Just let me. Consider it as welcome present from Rose."

 

 


"But...it's too much..."

 

 


"It's good manners for an adult woman to accept a man's kindness when offered."

 

 


Yongguk says, patting me on the head.

 

 


"Oh..."

 

 


While I'm trying to catch my breath from the head-pat. Yongguk takes the outfit over to the register.

 

 


(I guess it's okay to let him spoil me. I feel a little guilty about it...but also really happy.)

 

 


~~*~~

 

 


The three of us leave the store, with Jaehyun's and my new clothes.

 

 


"Thank you, Mr. Bang. I got some great outfits." Jaehyun

 

 


"Next, we need shoes and hats. I know a good place. It's a bit of a walk, but do you want to go?" Yongguk

 

 


"Yeah sure!"

 

 


Jaehyun and I eagerly follow Yongguk.

 

 


(It sure is crowded. That's saturday for you. It's hard just to wade through the crowd.)

 

 


Just then, I catch sight of a two-year-old boy, cutting out through the forest of adult legs.

 

 


"Hey! Come back here!" Mother

 

 


"Hahaha! Oh...!" Boy

 

 


The boy falls over with gusto in front of me and looks like he's about to cry.

 

 


"Are you okay?"

 

 


"I'm fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter