Ch. 5

He's the Killer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After we finish our cream puffs, we start to wander the streets again.

 

 


"Hey, check out that hottie!" Girl 1

 

 


"Yeah, he's so tall!" Girl 2

 

 


Nearly 100% of the females we pass stare at Yongguk with hearts in their eyes.

 

 


(I don't blame them. He is super attractive. Since I'm walking with him, do people assume I'm his girlfriend? Me... Yongguk's girlfriend...wow, that's just too scary!)

 

 


I shake my head, trying to dispel the narcissistic fantasy.

 

 


"Something wrong?"

 

 


"Uh..."

 

 


(Oh-oh. That was a bit suspicious. How should I answer him?)

 

 


"Oh, I was just wondering about Jaehyun. It must be frustrating to have your phone broken."

 

 


"True. We should probably head over to the smart phone store in a bit."

 

 


Good. Looks like I threw him off the scent. While we're talking like this, Yongguk's phone rings.

 

 


"It's Jaehyun. Guess he got his phone situation sorted out."

 

 


"Well, that's good news!"

 

 


"He says he's waiting at the police station by the store. Let's go, Daehyun."

 

 


"Okay."

 

 


I'm glad Jaehyun's phone is fixed but a part of me feels a bit melancholy because my time alone with Yongguk is almost over.

 

 


~~*~~

 

 


I finish my day's work at Rose and get back home a little bit past 9pm.

 

 


"Ahh! Today was jam-packed."

 

 


I collapse onto my bed without even undressing, and sigh as I go over the events of the day in my mind.

 

 


(While Jaehyun was off getting his phone repaired, it felt like Yongguk and I were on a date. Especially when he wiped the  whipped cream off my mouth with his thumb and his fingers after...)

 

 


"Ack! That was so embarrassing!"

 

 


I bury my face in my pillow, finally unleashing all my embarrassment. Then, a sweet memory comes to me. Surely I was only 14 back then, and I had just started living with my uncle. I was still having second-thoughts about deciding not to go with my mom and her new husband overseas. Then for a little while, a good friend and I at school were going through a rough patch. That's when I met Yongguk, when he was still a college student.

 

 


*"Heechul, I'm coming in. Huh? Is Heechul out?"

 

 


"Uh...yeah."

 

 


"What's wrong? You don't look well."

 

 


When I don't answer, Yongguk gives me a concerned look for a while. And then he says...

 

 


"Hey, Daehyun. Do you like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter