"As you wish, Princess"

Partners in crime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo didn't know what time of night it was nor did she care to check. She had finally come to full terms with the situation she had dove into head first and the panic hit her like a trailer truck on full speed. She laid in the dark, comfortable with the darkness that surrounded her. It was only during times like this when the darkness enveloped her almost in a cocoon and comforted her that she allowed herself to let her guard down. The darkness protected her from the judging eyes and from the pressure of keeping up a pleasant facade at all times. She finally picked up her phone and did what she had been dreading. She bit her lip in anxiety as the phone rang without a response, she sighed in disappointment when the phone went unanswered. She felt dejected, why had she even expected her ex-boyfriend to answer, but her phone lit up a minute later with his name on her screen. 

"Jisoo!" the voice on the other end called, "sorry, I'm out for dinner with some of our friends," he went on but stopped when he got no answer. All the tears Jisoo had held on came spilling out but she desperately tried to make no sound. "Jisoo? Is everything okay?" he asked, his tone laced with worry. "Love, you're worrying me," he said softly when she still didn't respond. Her tears were falling harder now that memories of her relationship with Jinyoung came back to her, she was even saddened by the fact that he had unconsciously called her "love", something he used to do when they were in a relationship. Jisoo wiped her tears, "Hey, I'm having a good day too, thanks for asking," she said chuckling through her tears. Jinyoung knew that this was Jisoo trying to deflect her troubles using humor and he knew exactly how to deal with it, "Well, we've always skipped through formalities, so forgive me this one time," he answered cheekily, "now will you please tell me why you're crying?"

The morning sun finally greeted her after what seemed like a perennial night. It was only after she had talked with Jinyoung that she was able to fully sleep. Instead of the despair, she felt last night she was filled with hope and excitement this morning. She felt as though she could actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. So with a spring on her steps, she started off her day, she found bread in the kitchen which she helped herself to and decided to take a shower. 

She was all ready to shower but she couldn't seem to open the door to the bathroom. She remembered Ms. Kim telling her that she would have the bathroom all to herself so she couldn't figure out why the bathroom was occupied, nonetheless, she decided to knock, who knows maybe Ms. Kim liked using this bathroom instead of the one by her bedroom. 

"One minute, Mom!" the voice inside screamed. 

Jisoo froze, what was Taehyung doing here? she knew he was Ms. Kim's son but what were the chances of him visiting his mom right now? wasn't he supposed to be in Seoul grieving his broken heart?

She quickly shook her head, no she didn't want him to be grieving, she hoped he was doing okay but wait... the door opened. Taehyung squinted at the figure in front of him, he then shut the door and emerged wearing a pair of glasses. 

To say he was shocked would be an understatement when he first saw her blurry figure, he thought maybe the lack of sleep had made him hallucinate, he did admit he was a bit worried for her but nope, Kim Jisoo, was standing in front of him. He gaped and poked at her, "What the ?" he whispered animatedly not wanting to disturb his mother.

"I can explain, " Jisoo whispered back. 

"Oh, children! you've met!" Taehyung's mom came into the hallway, "I was about to wake you up for breakfast, Jisoo."

Jisoo opened to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter