"You're not that bad"

Partners in crime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last time in Partners in Crime~ Taehyung crashes the wrong wedding and is shook when somehow he and the bride run away together. The bride, Jisoo, convinces Taehyung that he too is in trouble and makes him let her stay with him till she figures out what to do. They have a talk over ramen and the next day Taehyung drops her off at the airport. Taehyung then figures out her identity but gets caught by people looking for Jisoo...

 

 All I’m gonna say is that my father has connections in high places. Her words echoed in his mind. Well, he thought, how ing high was she talking because he was being led into a huge mansion.

The man at the airport had quietly but sternly told him to follow him out and he had done exactly that, he had been scared less throughout the ride but there was a budding curiosity inside him. Would this lead to more answers about Kim Jisoo? who apparently was a chaebol he had never even heard about? He hoped so, but what was he going to do with answers if they were going to kill him or worse lock him up in prison for the rest of his life.

All of these thoughts had flown straight out of the window when he saw where he was being led into. They had a mansion like this in Seoul? He thought. Mansion? Scratch that, this was a palace. His mouth gaped in amazement as he looked at the intricate marble that covered the walls and the designs that adorned the doors. Was that gold lining he saw on the designs? Damn.

Inside he saw two guys approaching, “Is he the one?” one asked the man that had led him here. Taehyung was grabbed by his collars, “Where did you take her?” he said almost screaming at his face. He had expected some form of hostility but he was still taken aback. The other guy held him back, “Minhyuk, chill! Let Mr. Kim do the interrogating.” Just as said, an elderly man Taehyung recognized as the father of the bride or in this case, Jisoo, came into view.

“Mr. Kim,” the boys acknowledged and stood back, “take him to my office,” the man ordered coldly. Mr. Kim, Taehyung assumed was the minister of justice for South Korea. He solemnly followed one of the two guys while still looking around, his initial shock had worn off. He was relieved that the guy taking him to the office was not the one who had violently shouted at him, instead it was the other one whose head looked like it was a bit too small for the rest of his body. The man beside him looked at him with sympathy, "Man, you really should've fallen in love with some other girl," he said quietly as they were walking through the empty hallway. "Mr. Kim is no joke, I suggest you break up with her and forget her forever but I doubt Mr. Kim would let you go unscathed since you already ruined the big wedding. 

"big wedding?" Taehyung mumbled more to himself than to the guy beside him but he was heard, "Are you kidding? did you not know?" the guy said animatedly, "the only daughter of the head of the department of justice and the largest hotel chain in South Korea with the only son of the head of the national bank of South Korea? man, it would've been mental, imagine how rich and powerful they would've become, damn imagine their kids. No wonder Mr. Kim practically forced Jisoo into it," he said using his hands the whole time and making gestures of an explosion. Taehyung nodded but said nothing in return, his quiet demeanor was mistaken as sadness by his companion who took it upon himself to roughly pat him against him back in a show of empathy. 

The hallway seemed to never end, it was also weird that they hadn't walked past anybody this whole time, "Does anybody even live here?" Taehyung asked astonished. 

"Nah man, they say this is their home but Mr. Kim has a villa outside of town and Mrs. Kim, well she owns five star hotels and she's a bit of a workaholic so she lives in them, Jisoo used to stay here but yeah, it's just a show for the media."

Taehyung looked around with a new perspective and found that the house did indeed look fake, it was a facade put up for the strangers. The hallways were lifeless, yes, everything was decorated to the max but there was nothing that showed that this was a family home, heck no one was ever smiling in their photos, they looked like wax figures instead. This was such a stark difference to his childhood house where although his mom complained daily of his dirty habits, the house at least looked lived in, it looked loved. 

“Kim Taehyung, am I right?” the man asked, once he was settled inside the elaborate office. Taehyung wasn't surprised that they had already gotten ahold of his identity. “Yes…sir,” he answered.

“Let’s keep this short, Taehyung. I want what is best for my daughter and you are not it. I can see why Jisoo might have fallen for you, you're physically attractive and she...well, she has my wealth, I can and I will pay you more than enough for you to be set for y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter