"You're a total babe, own it!"

Partners in crime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo could feel the eyes on her back, but she shrugged them off and blamed the feeling on her anxiety and paranoia. The security agent had done a double take on her passport, even going as far as to discreetly whispering on their radio but Jisoo had noticed. She had almost made it to the boarding gate when she decided to follow her gut feeling, something was wrong. She quickly dashed into the nearest restroom and changed her jacket to somehow alter her appearance.

"" she muttered to herself, a crumpled magazine with her face splashed on the front cover was sitting next to someone's baggage. She grabbed the tabloid and read the ridiculous headlines, a frown deepening on her face, "Chaebol Daughter, Kim Jisoo, Runs Away From Wedding With Her Long Time Lover." "Long time lover, my ," she groaned. The news had spread a lot faster than she had anticipated. 

Jisoo shoved the magazine inside her bag and made her way out of the restroom, and as expected she saw a group of people talking seriously with the gate agent. Her father obviously did not want the people he had sent to make a big scene, she knew he didn't want to garner any more attention than the family already had. She had to somehow get out of the airport without getting noticed but she knew it was gonna be hard.

She retreated back into the restroom, desperately thinking of ways to get out of the airport. Just then a lady came out of the stalls and grabbed onto the baggage that was next to the magazine. A look of recognition flashed on the woman's eyes as Jisoo inwardly cursed. Her eyes softened in sympathy, as she saw Jisoo fidget in place clearly in a state of panic. "Do you need my help?" she asked in a soft but stern voice. Jisoo was stunned by the question but nodded nonetheless, she hoped she could trust this stranger because she really needed the assistance. 

Jisoo looked at her, hope and desperation shone in her eyes. The woman smiled, the wrinkles by her eyes smiling with her, "Let's go." It was only after they had made it outside of the airport safely that Jisoo was able to exhale in relief.

She looked back one last time from the passenger's seat. They were miles away from the airport now yet Jisoo couldn't help but be paranoid. "You know, I ran away from my home too," the stranger began, "I was pregnant and my family didn't want it, the father was out of the picture too, so I just left." Jisoo had relaxed a bit at the conversation, it seemed the stranger would somewhat understand her. 

"Did you ever go back?" she asked reluctantly, to which the stranger nodded, "I wanted my kid to have a standard life," she shrugged. 

Silence followed the statement, Jisoo exhaled, she didn't have any intention of going back to her family, not if she could help it. She rested her head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter