"You abducted me!"

Partners in crime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo let out another shaky breath, today was the day, the day she was to finally sign off the little freedom she was allotted in life. She had tried everything she could, she had tried to persuade her parents, negotiate with them even, but nothing had worked, just like it had never worked in the past.

She looked at herself in the mirror, her makeup and outfit impeccable, yet she could see that her eyes were emotionless. They were soulless. The make-up artist and the hair stylists approached her for the final touch-up, the middle-aged ladies were gossiping as usual. 

"I heard the groom is super rich and gorgeous," one whispered. 

"Really?! She's so lucky, I'm jealous,"

"Well, I heard they don't even know each other. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a loveless marriage."

A cleared throat made the two ladies clam up, they had been caught gossiping. Jisoo looked to her side to the person who had cleared and offered a shy smile. The familiar figure returned the smile, "Are you okay?" she asked.

Jisoo nodded trying to plaster on a smile but something about the young girl's face told her that she didn't need to. She remembered she had seen this person in some family events, "You're Chaeyoung, right?" she asked.

The girl shook her head in affirmation. With the affirmation came a flood of knowledge Jisoo had gathered about the girl in front of her. She knew that Chaeyoung too was on the list for eligible bachelorette for her soon to be husband, Suho. Maybe that was the reason she looked so empathetic because the bride forced in this marriage could've easily been her.

After some small talk, Chaeyoung got up to leave, she looked at Jisoo one last time, "I hope everything goes well" she wished and left.

Everything had been a blur, greeting the guests, posing for thousands of pictures, and finally starting the walk down the aisle with her Father. She had always dreamt about her wedding day, walking down the aisle to the person she loved with all of her heart and who loved her back equally. She was numb to everything when a strange voice brought her back to reality.

She listened in confusion as this stranger confessed his undying love to her. Something about this desperate situation gave her hope. She was listening to his guy coming to someone's wedding and begging for one last chance and suddenly a voice in her mind spoke clearly, "it's not too late, it's never too late."

A plan hatched in her mind and she was determined to see it through. With hope blossoming inside her, she put her plan into action.

Jump back to the end of the first chapter...

Upon seeing five suited men behind the bride's father coming after him, Taehyung started running for his life. The rational part of him kept telling him that he had done nothing wrong, well he had barged into the wrong wedding but other than that he hadn't meant to ruin some stranger's wedding. But then the fight and flight response in him knew that this situation would not end prettily.

He reached for his car keys only to find nothing, he cursed under his breath. He was done for. He stopped and turned around deciding that he would give talking a try after all when a car, his car screeched and stopped by him. 

He didn't need any instructions, he hoped in the car and left the premise in one piece.

"YEAH!!" screamed the girl currently driving the car, she looked quite pleased with herself yet the whole situation was incredulous.

"I'm sorry, what just happened?" asked Taehyung once he caught his breath. 

"I ran away from my wedding with you," she simply answered.

"But I don't know you," he countered.

"Well, then you abducted me," she said with a chilling calmness about her.

He had to make sure he had heard that right, "ABDUCTED YOU?!?!" He asked almost screaming. "More like you abducted me!!" His brows were scrunched up in confusion and panic, his arms flailing in an attempt to assess the situation better.

"We're in your car!" she rebutted.

"But you're the one driving!" he pointed out.

Taehyung looked at her patiently, trying to think of what she had to say to that but instead, he just got a long sigh.

She hesitated, "I'm sorry, I r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter