Craving Happens

Baby Happens


Craving Happens



 

Chanyeol groaned as his back hit the mattress. The soft mattress he was longing for. Baekhyun was taking a bath, a very long one at that while humming a series of songs Chanyeol refused to acknowledge. This rare chance didn’t wasted by Chanyeol to be reunited with his beloved bed which felt so much better than he could remember, so much softer compared to the couch in the living room where he had been sleeping for two nights prior.

“Bed,” he rolled to the side and caresses the surface with loving . “I missed you so much, how have you been? Do you miss me just as much as I do to you?”

He would have wailed, right there and then if not for Baekhyun presence who just emerged from the bathroom, clad in bathrobe two sizes bigger than what it should be and hair still dripping.

“What are you doing here?!” Baekhyun sounded insulted just by seeing Chanyeol.

Chanyeol, on the other side was beyond irritated seeing Baekhyun in his bathrobe. The pink bathrobe he never used by his bathrobe still.

“Umm taking a bath?” he mimicked Baekhyun’s answer earlier, of course with disturbing exaggerated expression.

‘Clearly, you haven’t!” Baekhyun snorted and pinched the bridge his nose as he stood near Chanyeol. And as if to emphasis his point, he waved his hands in front of his face while making disapproval noise.

“Ew Park Dobi, you make me want to puke again. Get out!”

Chanyeol rounded his eyes. How dare this tiny little mini midget try to kick him out like this! “This is my room!”

“Based on Grandma Park, not anymore,” the tiny little mini midget shrugged.

“You’re the one who should get out!”

“No, I don’t wanna!”

“I said GET OUT!!!”

“I’m pregnant!”

Chanyeol internally groaned. That ‘pregnant’ excuse made him couldn’t even bat eyelashes for fear it might hurt the baby in Baekhyun’s flat stomach.

“Alright. You like my smell, right?! Here have it as much as you like!”

He grabbed Baekhyun by waist, not allowing the gasping male to escape as he put his right hand up and shoved his armpit toward Baekhyun’s face. A long day without a bath, drowning in dried sweat finally took a toll on his usually nice fragrance, but for once Chanyeol was grateful. Everything that made Baekhyun suffering was something need to be thanked for.

“ASDJKPOUTW PARK YODA!!! THAT’S GROSS OF YOU!!!” Baekhyun squealed in a tone that could scare a lion, and Chanyeol as well if only he wasn’t immune.

“Don’t you love my sweet smell huh? Huh?”

No matter how much struggle Baekhyun had put; kicking and squirming, he couldn’t get out of Chanyeol strong embrace, it was only getting tighter and tighter.

Baekhyun fell on bed, so did Chanyeol. Yet, the battle was continued, if not just getting intense. With Chanyeol on top, he had benefit of hovering over the smaller, trying to squish as much as the smell of his armpit toward squirming Baekhyun under him who had his bathrobe slightly discarded by the amount of fight he was giving. His milky thigh and shoulders were revealed to its glory.

That was when the door suddenly opened and Grandma Park decided to make her dazzling entrance. All parties soon frozen in place; Grandma Park, at the scene before her, Chanyeol and Baekhyun at getting caught at most weird position ever. And this wasn’t even the first time, Chanyeol internally groaned remembering Yura’s -eating grin.

Grandma Park coughed.

“You should have locked the door, aigoo! My innocent old eyes.”

As if just came back from their trance, Chanyeol soon pulled away. Cursing under his breathe on why he didn’t have his shirt on.  And why Baekhyun looked so messed and revealed. The later quickly pushed him further on to sit up and covered his skin shyly.

“We can explain!” They both exclaimed.

But that only got the plump old woman chuckled, with a knowing smile grazing her wrinkly yet kind feature.

“Ah no need. I understand. I’m just here to bring Baekhyunee this tteokbukki,” she said cheerfully and lifts up a bowl of the said food that Chanyeol didn’t detect earlier. “Maybe he wants it!”

Spicy rice cake! It was one of Chanyeol’s favourite. But thanks to the embarrassing moment he just trapped in, plus the statement that it was indeed for Baekhyun, Chanyeol stood up to take it while fuming.

“Enjoy the food, babies! Or okay, maybe later after Chanyeollie enjoy our Baekhyunee. HAHAHAHA.” Grandma Park’s laugh was boisterous, annoyingly so. But Chanyeol didn’t even have time to feel disturbed and answer his grandmother as all blood already rushed to the tips of his ears and all over his face.

“W-We didn’t-”

Grandma Park patted Chanyeol on the shoulder, he would on the head, if only she wasn’t too short compared to her giant grandson. “Grandma understands. Next time, don’t forget to lock the door, okay?” Then, as if an afterthought, she shook her head. “Wait! Nevermind, Don’t lock it.”

To that, Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Why aren’t you sleeping now, Grandma? Thanks for the food but you just sleep now,” he said as he was pushing his grandma out of the doorstep.

“You seem so eager to make me go, Channie. Just spare baekhyunee hm? He’s pregnant your baby after all. Okay continue.”

Chanyeol groaned. The door soon to be closed, Chanyeol locked it just in case. He sniffed the bowl full of spicy rice cakes in his hand, red and still steamy. The smell was so delicious Chanyeol felt like drooling. He immediately took a bite, ignoring Baekhyun who was looking at him. Only when he felt the weight of gaze on him, did he turn toward the smaller who was sitting on the edge of the bed.

“You want?” He hesitantly asked. It was his favourite food and he didn’t want to share. But he wasn’t cruel enough to let a pregnant man drool over it, right? I am an angel.

So he skipped toward Baekhyun and sat across him, half bitten piece of rice cake hanging on his mouth, the red sauce smearing his lips. Baekhyun gagged. For a moment Chanyeol feared he would puke on his precious rice cake.

“Gross!” Baekhyun shrieked. “Take it away for me! I would never eat it!”

And with that, he pushed the bowl away before rushing to the bathroom with retching sounds soon followed, leaving Chanyeol who suffered his appetite was just ruined.

When he came back, however, Chanyeol had finished all the rice cake and rubbed his tummy in appreciation while sprawled on the bed.

“Couch! I’m pregnant!” Baekhyun roared in final tone.

Chanyeol groaned.

 

***

 

Chanyeol groaned as his back just met the couch. Bickering with Baekhyun was tiring and Chanyeol should have known that he would never win. Working more than eight hours a day and two hours total on the street rob all the energy he had, another useless fighting wouldn’t do him any good. So as he was lying down there, nothing he wanted but a good rest.

Yet just as he was about to doze off near midnight, mouth half opened and eyes in the same state, something or someone plopped on his side and he felt his blanket was being tucked.

“Chanyeol?”

“What do you want?!” Chanyeol said defensively, knowing that almost nasal voice like the back of his hand. That super annoying voice.

At least all he could see was dark now. Better than Baekhyun, he thought, refusing to flutter his eyes open. Too tired. Too sleepy.

However, of course a Byun Baekhyun wouldn’t understand. Of course he wouldn’t leave Chanyeol in peace. So the smaller male continued. “Tteokbeokki,” he said softly, almost like a whine. “I want that tteobeokki you offered me.”

Chanyeol snapped his eyes open in instant. “What? I ate them. You said you don’t want!”

“But I want it now!” Baekhyun whined. He whined. And Chanyeol found himself in utterly shock as he have never witness this side of Baekhyun,  not when it addressed to him.

“I can’t sleep… I want that tteokbeokkie so much!“ he sobbed. He sobbed. Chanyeol gaped at the scene, because what the ?!

Groaning and kicking the thin blanket aside, Chanyeol looked at the digital clock next to TV. It’s a quarter past midnight. Where to find spicy rice cake at such hour?

“Please, Chanyeol~ I want it now!” And Byun Baekhyun pouted. Now he looked at the shocked giant with puppy eyes that he knew no one can resist. Even heart as hard as stone like Chanyeol’s.

Eventually, the taller seemed to hesitate. But of course Chanyeol wouldn’t give up that easy. Plus, it was past midnight to begin with.

“We’ll buy them tomorrow, okay?”

Chanyeol tucked his blanket back, getting ready to go back to sleep. Little did he notice the glare of Baekhyun’s puppy eyes until he felt a sudden hard grip on his hair. He shrieked. Baekhyun literally just yanked his head as if he planned to rip Chanyeol’s hair out of his head.

“Byun Baekhyun! What the !” The giant cursed as he gripped on his hair, trying to make it still in place and to lessen the burnt feeling. Baekhyun shook him by the head like he was some ragged doll.

“I want that tteokbeokki!!! NOW!!!”

 

***

 

Searching for the certain street food in the middle of the night proved to be just as hard as Chanyeol thought it would be, if not harder. He literally just drove around the city looking for some shops still open to sell him those. He was sleepy and tired but the midget wouldn’t even care, he called Chanyeol every ing ten minutes to scold him to comeback sooner with the food few times, and wailed for the spicy rice cake the other times.

But Thanks, God, just as Chanyeol was about to sob out of frustration and drown himself in self-pity at this misfortune, he spotted a still open small shop that sold the spicy rice cake. The ahjumma almost closed the empty shop, she knitted her wrinkly brows as Chanyeol rushed toward her, all panting and messy in his pajama.

“Ahjumma do you sell tteokbeokkie?!”

“I’m sorry, Son. I’m about to close the shop.” She shrugged and turned around to pull down the rolling door of her shop.

“Nooo!!! Please do you still have some left? Please sell them to me! Baekhyun is pregnant and he would cry and kill me if I comeback home without the food he’s craving for!” He threw his hands in the air as desperate attempt to make her understand. Someone’s life is depended on this, he might have added.

And understand she did. The old small woman quickly turn to look at Chanyeol, a kind small graced her lips. “Your wife? Husband?”

Chanyeol almost choked. It took him a whole good minute to finally registered and let out a squeaking sound of answer. “H-husband,” he said, feeling the words so strange rolling out of his tongue.

“Wait up. I was about to bring some left home for my husband. But since your husband is pregnant, I will give them to you.”

Finally! Chanyeol breathed his relief and bowed deeply. He almost couldn’t stand back and let all his bones melted into a puddle on the floor. “Thank you, ahjumma. Thank you!”

 

***

 

It was one sharp in the morning when Chanyeol went back home with a plastic bag of the rice cake in his hand. He was smiling proudly at his achievement when he found Baekhyun sitting sleepily on the couch while hugging his knees to his chest. He seemed determined to stay awake despite his eyes almost disappeared into a straight line. His neck soon snapped toward Chanyeol’s direction the moment Chanyeol announced his coming.

However he was just eager as he saw Chanyeol and jumped out of the couch. It was a rare scene for both of them, oddly strange. In any other situation, no one would smile to see the others. But tonight was different. It was one a.m, Chanyeol just got the food Baekhyun had whining for and Baekhyun just too happy to see Chanyeol again. Or was it the baby?

“Did you bring it?! Did you bring it?!” He clapped his hands like three years old waiting for new toy he was promised.

“Yes! Gosh, I visited almost ten shops just to get this.” Chanyeol grinned. He walked toward the kitchen to fetch a bowl and served it to eager Baekhyun, who had pulled a chair on dining table and swayed his dangling legs in excitement.

Chanyeol pushed the bowl toward the pregnant man who sooner devoured the food that it smeared on his lips. But… after one bite, Baekhyun dropped his fork.

“What?” Chanyeol felt a bad feeling about this. Especially about that pout Baekhyun was sporting.

“I suddenly don’t want tteokbeokkie anymore,” he sighed, and Chanyeol rounded his eyes in horror. Don’t want it anymore, he said?! “I’m craving for pasta with mushroom sauce now.”

Chanyeol’s jaw dropped in instant. How could he… after all I have gone through.

“No,” he said firmly, having pent up emotion that now he couldn’t no longer hold back. This time, he wouldn’t do whatever the little spoiled brat asked for.

A single bead of tears rolled down Baekhyun cheeks, then another and another. Before long, Baekhyun had already tears streaming down his face and a gaping Chanyeol didn’t know what to do to calm the pregnant man.

“Shush, Baekhyun, don’t cry please. I- I will buy them for you don’t worry!”

“I don’t want!” Baekhyun sobbed. He whipped his snot with the back of his pajama sleeve. “I want to eat a home-made pasta!”

What the- Chanyeol couldn’t even cook properly to save his life. Instant ramen and fried eggs was all he knew. Probably some scramble eggs at best. And did Baekhyun just asked him to make pasta?!

But seeing Baekhyun choking in his own sob forced him to go to the kitchen anyway and put on apron. After scrolling through Google, and scratching his head in despair, if might be added, he finally made the pasta as requested, thanks to the ingredients he could find in the fridge as well.

Chanyeol scooped a little of sauce using the tip of the spoon then tasted his own cooking. Not bad, he smiled to himself. He could finally make a decent meal and to be proud of it wasn’t something wrong.

“Yah Duckie, here is your pasta. I made this with blood and tears—“

He was cut midway by the soft snoring. Baekhyun fell asleep on the couch, curling under Chanyeol’s blanket.

The later sighed. It was well pass three and apparently, he did all things for nothing. Baekhyun already forgot his craving. Chanyeol took a seat on the floor just beside the sleeping midget. He watched TV at lowest volume while eating the foods he got with all his blood and tears.

He didn’t know, dealing with such pregnant husband- man could be this tiring.

 



A/N: Unbeta-ed but I was just too excited to share hehe. I hope you like it!!! Well,what do you want to read in the next chapter? I think jealousy will be too fast, what do you think? drop some opinions, hehe.

And once again, I want to say thank you for people who had upvotes and dropped comments and supports for this fic. We don't deseve you guys TT

PS: I might be late to update next chapter since there's The Sun of the Wolf and Paper Planes to be update, and probably new fic XD