Baby Confirmed

Baby Happens


Baby Confirmed



            Silence filled the air.

            The Park Dummy a.k.a Chanyeol only looked at Baekhyun with eyes wide and full of horror. Baekhyun, getting a little back into his sense upon realizing how many eyes trained on them now, chuckled awkwardly.

          “That’s it! How was my acting, though? I think I can pass that audition, don’t you think, Chanyeol?”

            Chanyeol gaped still, and Baekhyun mentally facepalmed himself at the retarted look of the tall person before him, crying inside because how the he could get pregnant with someone like this?!

            “I- uh… uh sure,” Chanyeol replied at least.

            Silence once again filled the elevator. Baekhyun laughed awkwardly and grabbed Chanyeol’s wrist, a little too tight that it got the giant flinched. Together, they left the commotion of people who still had eyes on them, uh, what curious uneducated ears they have!

            Baekhyun guided the taller into the nearest room he saw and they ended up in the pantry room. The strawberry hair shoved Chanyeol inside and closed the door behind him, crossing his arms when he faced the giant again.

            “Y-you are…,” Chanyeol stuttered.

            “Yes, I am pregnant, Park Yoda, thanks to you.” Baekhyun stated sarcastically. He took Chanyeol’s huge hand shoved three unwashed sticks into his hand. All of them had two red strips each.

            Chanyeol studied them thoroughly with eyes almost popped out of their sockets before drifting his gaze back at Baekhyun, dotting how red and puffy his now murderous eyes was.

            “B-but how…. Are you sure?”

            At that, Baekhyun threw him a look, a murderous one.

            “SURE OF WHAT?”

            “That it’s my-my ba-“

            “DON’T YOU DARE CALL HER IT!!!” The tiny figured male suddenly lashed out, making Chanyeol had to stumble a step back. Baekhyun, however, stepped forward, intimidating. “SHE’S MY BABY! AND IT’S YOURS. I ONLY GOT TO BE ED ONCE AND IT WAS YOUR DO- HMPPTTT”

            Baekhyun flailed, but Chanyeol’s palm on his mouth was tight. This huge calloused hand…. Oh, Baekhyun remember how did they feel cupping his waist while they were…. STOP IT! This dirty hands of Park Yoda! He bit onto it before harshly pushed that hand away and glared at the Chanyeol who could only give him a hurt and confused puppy look.

            “I- I was your… first?”

            Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun scoffed. The urge to crawl Chanyeol’s face with his bare fingernails was getting stronger with each second passed. “WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR? A ? A ? IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK, HUH?!”

            “No No!” Chanyeol managed to cut off before Baekhyun’s slim fingers reach for his hair and make him bald or something worse. “Damn it, can’t you be more quiet Byun Baekhyun?!”

            “Easy for you! You’re not the one who carry the baby and will have a huge bump you can’t hide on your tummy!”

            “IT’S NOT LIKE I CAN TAKE IT BACK, OKAY?” Chanyeol halted, his voice came out more thunderous than what he intended to. And seeing Baekhyun shrinking a little on his spot didn’t make him feel good. “It was out of plan… what I planted inside of you…”

            Running his fingers through his hair, Chanyeol let out a frustrated groan and Baekhyun slumped onto the nearest chair. His madness earlier quickly faded, replaced by a sullen expression as he fidgeted with his fingertips.

            “What do I do now? My mom would kill me if she finds out…”

            “And so does my grandmother…” Chanyeol mumbled.

            He dared to look at the other male and regretted it immediately. He expected the angry look on Baekhyun’s eyes but no one told him to prepare to see a single tear rolling down Baekhyun’s cheek. The small boy looked even smaller than he already was. He looked so fragile that Chanyeol had the urge to embraced him in the comfort of his arms and protect him from the harsh world. Strange, remembering who Byun Baekhyun was to him and just how much he hated the tiny witch.

            Without realizing, he brought his hands up slowly, hesitantly, wanting nothing but to engulf the smaller and comfort him. And he almost there, hands hanging on the air when the door suddenly opened.

            “Baek! You’re here!” Jongdae barged in, hands around his waist as if he was scolding a kid. “I was looking for you everywhere! I thought you were drown in the toilet or something. What are you doing here with— wait, Park Chanyeol?!”

            The man whose name was mentioned quickly retracted his hands and blinked at Jongdae. Baekhyun took the opportunity to wipe his tears before forcing a smile to his friend.

            “I was thirsty so I went here first, and met Chanyeol.”

            “Ah… yeah! Yeah! That’s what happened. We accidentally met here,” Chanyeol added, trying to sound as convincing as possible, which he was actually terrible at.

            But luckily, Jongdae just brushed it off, instead busying himself making another cup of coffee. Long work tonight. Once awhile, he would glance back at the two men one sitting and one standing awkwardly behind him. What are these two noisy creatures doing here? In the same room? Thought they would get gas-poisoned by breathing the same air with each other.  

            His glance eventually lingered a bit too long at Baekhyun, at something off of his bestfriend.

            “You look pale, Baek. Are you okay?”

            “I’m okay… just having bad stomach,” Baekhyun assured and Jongdae nodded, resuming his activity.

            Chanyeol wanted to stay. He needed to talk everything out with Baekhyun. But with Jongdae showing no sign to leave them alone, he sighed, quickly squeezed Baekhyun on the shoulder when their thirdwheel wasn’t looking and mumbled something along the line with ‘we’ll talk later’.

            Baekhyun didn’t respond but Chanyeol didn’t have time to wait for one. So he made his step toward the exit. And never looked back.

 

***

 

            After few of restless nights, Baekhyun had everything planned in his head. First, he would try to hide his pregnancy as long as he could while preparing himself to reveal the news to his mother. She wouldn’t take it with a smile on her face, that much he knew. And at the time being he would save money, for his laboring and his baby later. He also would try to find new cheap apartment near his office, in case his mother disown him and kick him out of her house once she find out, which had a very high chance on that.

            Until that time, until he sees fit if he is ready, he would have to hide his pregnancy.

            Yeah, that was the nearest to perfect plan he could afford. He would raise the baby, alone, without trace of Park Chanyeol in it.

            Sighing, Baekhyun closed the brochure of the apartments rented and put it back into his bag. He didn’t do much work today but he felt sick all day. The manager of his division saw to it and let him come back home earlier than it should be.

            “I’m home,” he greeted weakly, didn’t expecting any reply at all as he removed his shoes, yet he got it nonetheless.

            “Welcome home.”

            It was his mother. Baekhyun looked up to meet with a hard and unreadable expression in his mother’s eyes, who was standing there in the door step as if she was waiting for him. Suddenly, Baekhyun had a bad feeling churning in his stomach.

            “You get home early today,” his mother said. And through her shoulder, Baekhyun could see Luhan sitting in their small living room, looking fidgety. His tep brother’s doe eyes looked at him almost apologetically.

            “Y-yeah… I’m not feeling really well today and my boss let me come home early,” his lips suddenly felt dry, Baekhyun had to it. “What’s wrong, Mom?”

            “Sit down.”

            The short and cold reply he got didn’t do any better to calm his sudden nervousness. As Baekhyun made his way into their living room and sit himself next to Luhan in front of a small short-legged round table, he raked his brain trying to remember something off he might have done that got to his mother’s nerve but for no result. They were fine this morning. His mother cooked for Luhan and him and even managed to put more chicken slices onto his bowl. So, what happened then?

            “Baekhyun,” Kim Yoonhye, Baekhyun’s mother started. Eyes and voice felt like steel on Baekhyun. “Do you have something you hide from me?”

            The question was asked in a slow, calm tone yet nevertheless made Baekhyun’s breathe hitched. It wasn’t like his mother to talk in such icy intonation. Did mother already find out?!

            He looked down to his laps, hoping to find the answer there. What should he say? What should he do? How did his mother find out?!

            “Baekhyun, answer me!” The sudden sharpness of tone made Baekhyun jolted from his seat. He met eyes with his mother’s and could see anger she was holding back there. No…. this can’t be happened so soon… too soon…

            One minute. Baekhyun opened his mouth but his throat went dry. He was choked on the air and no words could be formed by his frozen brain. His eyes heated, pushing Baekhyun to the verge of crying.

            “Byun Baekhyun?!”

            The mentioned male only shook his head, refusing to answer or looked at his mother in the eyes altogether.

            This can’t be happened. No!!! This can’t be!!!

            “BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!”

            A yell, and that was what it need for tears to escaped. Baekhyun soon choked out a sob as he was on his knees and forehead on the floor, kissing the forgiveness on his mother’s toes.

            “I’m sorry Mom, I wasn’t being careful! I regret that! I was wrong… I’m sorry,” he wailed. “I was wrong, I’m sorry… I-“

            Yoonhye stepped back a little, didn’t expecting the action Baekhyun just did and how wrecked he looked. But still—

            “Baekhyun how could you—“

            “I GOT MYSELF PREGNANT AND IT’S OUT OF WEDLOCK!”

            “—RUIN MY FAVORITE DRESS WHILE IRONING!”

            Silence. As in cue, everyone went quiet. Baekhyun stopped from his sobbing, his mother stopped from her wrath, Luhan only stared with eyes unbelievably wide.

            “PREGNANT?!”

            “DRESS?!”

            They said at the same time. Both shocked.

            Baekhyun stared in horror at the peach dress in his mother’s hands, there was clear burnt that made iron-shaped hole there. So his mother didn’t know at all? So he assumed it wrong way?! So did he just… accidentally revealing himself?!!

            How stupid.

            Was carrying Park’s baby making him this stupid too?

            Luhan was the first to be able to open his mouth again after silence. “Baekhyun, you are…”

            “You are pregnant?” and Yoonhye finished for him, asking for the sake of herself, in a low hushed tone. As if she was afraid someone might hear it. As if she couldn’t believe it.

            But his mother’s whispered question only got Baekhyun crying even more. His tears coming out like a twin river and he just couldn’t stop them. His mother small hands on his shoulders, shaking him as she demanded for an answer but all Baekhyun could do was sobbing. He couldn’t look at the woman who gave him life the same anymore. He was wrong, he ruined his life, he ruined his family’s life. He failed… he was a bad son.

            “I’m sorry… I’m sorry…”

            And that was all he could say.

            A hard slap crossed over his cheek. Baekhyun stumbled backward. His left cheek stung, but his heart hurt even more. He knew this would happen. But deep inside he was hoping his mother would react differently, to hold him tight, to accept him, to whisper to him that it was okay, that Baekhyun wouldn’t be alone.

            Another slap on his right cheek.

            “HOW COULD YOU! I RAISED YOU NOT TO BE A , BAEKHYUN! WHAT A SHAME!”

            A push to his shoulder. Baekhyun cried harder but dare not to look at his mother.

            Another push, then he felt his mother being pulled from him. From his peripheral view, he saw Luhan struggling to calm their mother down.

            “Mom, enough. You’re hurting him…”

            “Who…” He could hear the tears on every syllable of Yoonhye’s words. He could hear her choking a sob as well. “Who is the father? TELL ME WHO IS THAT JERK AND I’LL SHAVE HIS HEAD OFF!!!”

 

            




A/N: Another -up chapter. I swore this was supposed to be full fluff but idk somehow a little angst gets in da way?

AAANNNDD I just found my deepest regret *sobs* WHY THE HELL I DIDN'T MAKE KYUNGSOO BAEK'S MOTHER IN THE FIRST PLACE???

PS: Thanks for subbies, upvoties and commies I love you all I'm so happy someone read this ugly sobs.