Moving Happens

Baby Happens


Moving Happens


 

            Catching a glimpse of movement from a giant figure in his peripheral view made Baekhyun grunted in disapproval, because… why, just why, Chanyeol in the morning, with messy hair, swollen face and sleepy eyes just looked so ugly. Like so ugly. Had he ever dated in his life before?! Who would even want to have a one night stand with something lanky like that… Then he realized, the answer was him, himself, Byun freaking Baekhyun. The fact practically made Baekhyun’s mood damped even more.

            Another shift on his right from a certain giant and Baekhyun lost it.

            “YAH! PARK DOBBY!” Baekhyun glanced at the owner of the said name (who wouldn’t even in his seventh life accept to be called Dobby) and glared through his small eyes it almost looked funny. Chanyeol almost laughed if not for Baekhyun thunderous yell that followed after. “CAN’T YOU MOVE SO FAR FAAAR AWAY?!” he blurted not so politely. At that moment, he was almost as intimidating as Grandma Park. Almost. And Chanyeol question his previous life again, what did he ever do to deserve this?!

            “What? Why??!” Chanyeol blinked through his long eyelashes. The innocent gesture nevertheless made Baekhyun annoyed even more it didn’t even make sense.

            “I don’t like to see your face!”

            The taller snorted and gave Baekhyun offended look. “Little duck, if you haven’t realized, this is my house. Why would I move?!”

            “But your face is annoying! So you better get out of my sight!” Then, as if an afterthought, Baekhyun added, still in high pitched tone he was using when hearing the new nickname Chanyeol gave him. “WHY AM I A DUCK?!”

            “Isn’t that obvious?!” With his plump lips, Chanyeol gestured toward Baekhyun’s bubble , plump, squishy and bouncing when he was walking, just like a duck. Baekhyun quickly covered his bottom with his hands and muttered “ert” under his breathe without cutting his death-glare towards Chanyeol.

            The giant rolled his eyes. “Don’t get fluttered! That’s an insult!”

            “Who would get fluttered?!” Baekhyun scoffed. “You can’t even flirt to save your life!”

            “As if you can?! Tell me, have you ever dated before?!” Smirking, Chanyeol crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for Baekhyun to lose their banter this time.

            “Why do you want to know? Of course I have! I dated many people at high school I couldn’t even count it anymore!”

            With a (fake) smug smirk, Baekhyun crossed his arms as well and raised his chin up. Chanyeol couldn’t tell if he was lying of course, he couldn’t date to save his life himself. Halfway from casually brushing his hair in a cool manner, Baekhyun froze.

            “I could tell you were a .”

            Baekhyun choked, his eyes went impossibly wide and his cheeks suddenly burnt he didn’t know where the fire came from. Al the hint of sleepiness robbed off of him by Chanyeol’s single sentence. Now that the annoying giant brought the sensitive topic, well… two could play a game.

            “As if you’re not?!” he snapped. “Your s were so messy and you came too fast! Was it two times? Or three did you came in me? Oh- it was four, right?! I couldn’t believe I didn’t kick you that night!”

            Silence.

            Well, I was right, right? Baekhyun wondered in his mind. He had never had before or casually talked about it, but the he used to watch with Luhan gave him all the pictures he needed. And Chanyeol felt just as nervous, as drunk and as inexperienced as he was.

            The smaller glanced up at the taller and could see visible red blush on both his cheeks even to his ears. Baekhyun couldn’t tell if he looked better, because… what the hell are they talking about?!

“And you’re bringing your family here.” Chanyeol was the first to speak up, breaking the pregnant silence between them.

            The sudden mention of their coming brought Baekhyun back to the main problem. While the rest of their family inside the big house discussing whatever it was, Baekhyun and Chanyeol got kicked out for too much interrupting and complaining. Clearly, they didn’t have any voice here although they were the one with the affair.

            “Ah… what do we do now…” Baekhyun mumbles while sitting back to his previous position at the top of the stairs in the veranda, shoulders slumped and head down but didn’t fail to hiss, “It’s all your fault, Yoda!”

            Chanyeol took a seat next to him, too close for Baekhyun’s liking but unfortunately, he didn’t have time to protest as Chanyeol stated rather smugly, “says the one who rubbed on me while I was drunk.”

             “EXCUSE ME?! You were the one who kissed me first!”

            “And you’re the one who dragged me first into something more private!”

            Again, they glared intensely at each other. If only stare could kill, they probably had murdered each other at least three times for each by now. Then, with one finger in the air, Baekhyun shoved Chanyeol by the chest.

“Still your fault! I’m the one who bears the baby and you’re the one who could just easily walk away!”

Chanyeol snorted, hardly amused by the victim card Baekhyun was pulling. He wasn’t going to be the antagonist in this twisted story.

            “Excuse me, Byun! How am I supposed to walk away now after you brought your whole family to mine?!” He shoved Baekhyun back, not hard actually. But it snapped Baekhyun even more.

            “YOU DESERVE THAT! And do you think I want that, actually?! Nah I’ll leave on my own. Leave off!”

            Again, Baekhyun shoved him back, much harder than what he intend to. It caused Chanyeol to fall backward, long arms blindly reaching for anything to hold onto, which was happened to be Baekhyun’s waist. The taller fell onto his back, and so did Baekhyun, falling on top of him.

They looked at each other, struck by how close the proximity between their faces and how their body pressed together now. Their hearts accelerated rapidly, noses were almost touching, and breathes are fanning one another that it hurts to think as both of them stared at each other’s eyes blankly.

            It was only a cough behind that pried them away then, awkwardly standing up as far as possible from one another and trying to pretend like nothing happened. Though the -eating grin on Yoora’s face definitely said otherwise.

            “I’m sorry for interrupting, but Grandma wants you two to come in.”

 

***

 

            “Baekhyunnie… Come here.”

            Chanyeol rolled his eyes as Grandma Park enveloped Baekhyun in a tight hug and blatantly ignored him. Like what the hell? He was her grandson and her attention was always on Chanyeol, her only grandson and heir, at least until this very moment came.

            “Why are you so pretty? So cute,” she cooed at him openly, squishing the small man’s cheeks who could only smiled awkwardly at the over kindness she was giving.

            “Your mother and I had talked about it. And we came to a conclusion that it was best for you to stay here with us,” Grandma Park explained lightly as if she was just gossiping about their new (hot, gossip-worthy) neighbour in her circle of friends.

            And it took almost a full good minute for the information to sink in both of Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s head.

            “Wait! WHAT!” They exclaimed at the same time, wearing the same expression of eyes-widen and mouth gaped. Only to make Grandma Park chuckled of oh look, how cute they are together, they even have chemistry on this level!

            “This house is too big for me alone, Chanyeol came home only to sleep and beside, we will take care of you. Your mother had explained situation of your neighbourhood, oh dear, t’s not as safe as here! Moreover, this house is much closer to your office,” she clasped her wrinkly fingers excitedly. “When your tummy get bigger, it will be harder for you, Grandma and Yura will take care of you don’t worry! Your mother had agreed, you and Chanyeol can also visit your parents every weekends and your mom will always check you here. Brilliant!”

            Baekhyun blinked rapidly, couldn’t quiet grasp what was going on. He looked over to Chanyeol but only met with a dumbstruck expression that wasn’t too surprising for him. Why did he get pregnant with such a dumb giant again?

            “Wait! Wait, Grandma! What do you mean?” Chanyeol finally, finally, spoke up.

            “Chanyeol dear, my grandson,” she sighed, as if patiently, and sugar coated tone trying her best to explain to her five-years-old-minded grandson a complicated adult thing. And it was most likely so. “Chanyeolie, you and Baekhyunnie will be staying here until we decide your marriage date. But I suggest you to engage soon, though. It will be weird to do so when Baekhyun’s tummy getting big later.”

            What? What?!

            WHAT?!!!

            WHAT THE ING ?!!!

Marriage?!

 

***

 

            Baekhyun couldn’t quiet grasps what was happening, the sudden extreme changes in his life. The least thing he expected to happen was himself getting pregnant, yet the baby happened and in the span of few days after both families acknowledged that, he was sitting on passenger seat with his step brother and mother chatting enthusiastically in the back of the truck. All his things are belongings and things were also there with them. Yes, he was moving to Chanyeol’s house.

           Sighing for the nth time, Baekhyun pinched his own cheek, hard. And it hurts he kinda regretted it. This wasn’t a dream, much to his dismay.

            “Baekhyunnie…” Grandma Park, the plump lady who resembled Chanyeol’s big eyes and fine nose, engulfed Baekhyun with her short yet strong arms, pulling him into a breath-taking hug as if Baekhyun was her long lost grandson. She squished Baekhyun’s cheeks and sighed. “Why are you so pretty, Chanyeol doesn’t deserve you,” at this, Baekhyun’s smile turned into a genuine one, more on the snickering side while Chanyeol rolled his eyes. Okay, fine! He’s not wanted in this house anymore.

            “Welcome home, Baekhyun,” after the suffocating minutes in Grandma Park’s embraces, Baekhyun finally able to escaped and breathed, Yura gave him a brief hug and friendly smile. “I hope you will feel comfortable here. Please don’t be shy and hesitate to ask us anything, okay?”

            Baekhyun nodded and as they made way into the house, they chatted more. The small man was squished between the two women who asked him endless questions and cooed at every answer Baekhyun shyly gave. Little did they remember a certain tall man pouting like a kicked puppy behind them.

            “Baekhyunnie, have you eaten?! I already made a pancake with blueberry sauce for you. You must try!” Yura exclaimed happily and Chanyeol had the urge to just storm there and peels Baekhyun off his cousin. Because why, why it must be pancake with blueberry sauce! That’s my favourite!

            Just as he was about to use lame excuses to interject them, Grandma Park noticed him and Chanyeol beamed at that. “Chanyeol,” she called and Chanyeol jogged toward her, eyes sparkling. Ah, finally.

            “Yes, Grandma?”

            “Please help move Baekhyun’s things up to your room.”

            The same second, Chanyeol’s face fell.

            “What?”

            “You heard me. You’re the guy here. Be a gentleman here and help Luhan moving Baekhyun’s things.”

            “But but… why my room?”

            At that, Grandma Park wore that facepalming expression on her face, because duh, why else. Baekhyun and Yura had stopped at their chats as well, staring between Chanyeol and Grandma Park.

            “Because why not, Chanyeol? Baekhyun will be living here, and I see no reason you have to be in the separated room. Baekhyun already got pregnant with your baby, what else to worry about. Just, when you two at it, please level the noise down, my poor soul has been too old to hear that.”

            With a nonchalant shrug, the lady sashayed her way into the house, not knowing how red she made Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s face turned into.

 

***

 

            Half of the day that day spent with unpacking Baekhyun’s stuffs.  Baekhyun, being the humble one he was, at least for everyone else but certain absurdly tall human with huge ears, wanted to do things himself but soon stopped by Grandma Park.

            “YOU ARE PREGNANT! YOU CAN’T LIFT HEAVY THINGS!” she had shrieked and put all the work on Chanyeol’s shoulders, well Luhan helped, but let a boy mope here!

            Chanyeol grumbled, but under the intense glare of the mighty Grandma Park, he couldn’t do much but complied, moving and unpacking Baekhyun’s things up to his large bedroom. Baekhyun helped placing his stuffs with Yura kept him company. Good thing Yura was there, if only one second she let her guard down, Chanyeol swear he might had strangle the midget who took everything from him.

            First, his future, then his Grandma, and now his room. All Chanyeol have now only he himself, his body and soul. And somehow, Chanyeol knows that one at least could never be Baekhyun’s. Okay, imagining he would fall for Baekhyun already made shiver ran down his spine.

            When Baekhyun could finally be left alone after bidding goodbye to his mother and somehow able to convince grandma Park that the old lady needs her own rest, Baekhyun entered the room with a slight headache, which soon grew bigger as soon as he saw Chanyeol, sitting with his lanky legs crossed on the bed. Baekhyun’s belongings were dumped on the very corner of the room near the bathroom, crumpled into a bunch. There was also a pile of bolster and pillows that divide two per three of the bed, and Chanyeol of course, took the much larger space.

            “What is this?!”

            Baekhyun strides forward and points the pile on the bed. Chanyeol shrugged nonchalantly with huge earphone (that actually doesn’t play any song) on his huge ears while tapping his hands on the bed.

            “Just so you won’t me at night. Don’t ever cross the line!”

            Baekhyun snorts and made a disgusted face.

            “Groping you?! HEOL. I’d rather roll on horses’ poop rather than touch you.” He said, not without a roll of eyes. “Why would I even that flat and unattractive body of yours. I’m pregnant here, so it would be otherwise. You d me, Park.”

            “It was one time only and I was really drunk! I’d rather bath in the ocean of pig’s dumps rather than touch you.”

            “Ew, you’re so nasty,” Baekhyun feigned puking. But when Chanyeol ignored him, he moved closer, not so happy with the lack of responds he got. “YAH I’m pregnant here and that space is too narrow! What if I fall from bed and get hurt?!”

            This time, Chanyeol did look up at him, it’s his turn to snort. “Good for you, then.” He said, all grinning too wide Baekhyun had the urge to smack that smile away.

            But at the end, the smaller chose to act all cute when he replied, hand on his still flat stomach. “Okay then. But… if there’s something happens to me or my baby, what should I say to Grandma? What if she kills you right away?! Oh My God!” He cupped both his cheeks in a (fake) panic manner.

            That succeed made Chanyeol froze. He shot stink eyes Baekhyun’s way. How could he… how could he call his grandma as ‘Grandma’ too already? How could he threaten him with that?!

            “… You little evil vixen-“

            Chanyeol hissed and Baekhyun flipped his non-existent long hair as he took a seat next to Chanyeol, in Chanyeol called his area. Happy smile on full display.

            “Please move, Park Chanyeol-ssi, this is my space.”

            Later that night there was a silent competition they both had silently agreed on, called ‘pretend to sleep and kick each other’. It was just a slight subtle kick at first and end up with aggressive Hapkido technique aimed Chanyeol’s way that resulted the taller to fall out from the bed first. Such déjà vu.

            “Good night, Park Yoda.”

 

***

 

            “Grandma, what are you doing here?”

            The old lady startled, turned around and shushed Yura right away by placing her index fingers in front of his lips before resuming what she had been doing for the last ten minutes, pressing her ear on Chanyeol’s door.

            “Are they still sleeping? Why I can’t hear anything? Should I just bark in?” she whispered (rather loudly) to her belated sister’s granddaughter.

            Yura shrugged while trying to pull her ridiculous grandma away. “It’s their privacy grandma. Let them be. Let’s just have breakfast first?”

            “Oohhh privacy,” Grandma Park cued. That word seemed to be practically her new favourite if her goggling eyes and longing touch on the door could be any indicator. “Okay, I am hungry. I want some roasted bread and… can you cook me the kimchi fried rice you cooked the other day?”

            “Hmm sure. Do you want me to put more sausages too?”

            They walked pass the living room to the kitchen, chatting all the way. None realized an odd lump of blanket on the couch in front the TV, snoring through the uncomfortable position.

            The next time he woke up, Chanyeol felt as if his back had been run by a truck after spending a night sleeping on the couch in the living room. Baekhyun really was stubborn and kept on saying ‘I’m pregnant’ as his gun to get everything he wanted, that witch.

            However, as he rubbed his eyes and forced himself to get up, he couldn’t quiet remember that. Still groggy from sleep, he dragged his long lanky legs across the room back to his own, eyes still half closed and mouth yawning widely he didn’t even bother to close it. All he could think was that his bladder needs to be emptied. So he opened the bathroom door in his room without any care in the world and stumbled upon Baekhyun in the shower, who didn’t bother to close the curtain, presenting Chanyeol’s sleepy-and-suddenly-not-sleepy-anymore eyes his will all its glory.

            The guy himself turned to look at the noise, eyes meeting Chanyeol and for legit a second, they just stared at each other. Then, unintentionally, Chanyeol eyes raked down and went impossibly wide, and another second filled up by silence.

Yeah that was, until Grandma Park who just picked up her roasted bread needed to drop them again on her plate as to hear a loud feat of screaming from the floor above.

 




A/N: AAAHHHHH I'm sorry I'm just able to update now. Works TT And it's been longer than usual, though still not that long please forgive me :(
PS: LOOK AT MY NEW POSTER ISN'T IT SOOOOO CUTE? CHANBAEK BLUSHING BLUSHING