The Signs Happen

Baby Happens


The Signs Happen



 

 

Baekhyun got home an hour later by a cab. He would like to use bus as he usually did, but even to walk a single step was a hard task for him to do now. His bottom part felt so sore he almost cry every time he had to move his limbs. Quiet luckily, it was Saturday so he didn’t have to worry about going to work, that if founding himself slept with his biggest enemy could be called lucky at all.

A single tear rolled down his smooth cheek again, he quickly used the sleeve of his shirt to wipe it. His eyes were all red and puffy now but he still couldn’t bring himself to stop crying ever since they left the motel (and got a warning from the owner not to come back and made such too loud noises ever again, how embarrassing!) and the realisation downed to him.

He wished alcohol could at least make him forget the events last night but he was wrong. He remembered them crystal clear, how Chanyeol kissed him and he kissed Chanyeol back aggressively. Aggressively! What the ! How Chanyeol shoved his gross tongue into his mouth and he didn’t pushed him, he enjoyed it but no, he didn’t want to admit. He remembered how they ended up in bed. And how Chanyeol spread his legs open.  And how Chanyeol ed him senseless. And how he screamed that giant’s name…

 Baekhyun shook his head quickly as he felt the warmth on his cheeks and his southern area. No! He couldn’t think like that! His life was now ruined. He just lost his ity… and that wasn’t with someone who he loved and loved his just as much. The ity he was saving for twenty six years of his life… he just lost it. And it was Chanyeol of all people!

In front of the small wooden gate of his house, Baekhyun wiped his tears and adjusted his hair, hoping he would appear normal in case he run into his mother or sister, though he hoped not to meet anyone now. The first step into the house was successful, he pushed the door close softly behind him without making any sound. There was no one in the living room, not Luhan nor his mother and Baekhyun soon released a breath he didn’t know he was holding. Too soon, because when he was about to open his room’s door, a familiar voice startled him.

“Where have you been, Baekhyun? Why did you just come back home now, in the morning?!”

Standing on the kitchen’s door step was his mother. Baekhyun stuttered, racking his brain trying to come up with an excuse he forgot to arrange.

“I bet he was sleeping over at Jongdae’s house. What else?” Luhan chirped in from behind, an apple in his hand which then he took a bite from. “Baekhyunnie here didn’t have other friends, and he didn’t know how to go clubbing or doing something someone his age would have done,” he commented, looking at Baekhyun pathetically.

But for the first time in his almost 27 years of life, Baekhyun wouldn’t want to kiss Luhan much more than this time. His remark saved Baekhyun from their mom’s curiosity as she just nodded and got back to the kitchen, finishing her cooking which smelled suspiciously like kimchi soup.

Quickly, Baekhyun slipped into his room and locked it behind. And for the next two hours all he did was crying quietly into his pillow until he fell asleep.

 

***

 

Monday came sooner than everyone wished, including Baekhyun. The strawberry hair male came early that morning, only so he wouldn’t bump onto certain tall Yoda he didn’t want to say the name. He didn’t want to see that face again for whatever reason, so he did all his best to avoid the possibility of meeting Chanyeol or being in the place at the time Chanyeol would be there at the same time. It wasn’t very hard since Chanyeol seemed like doing the exact same thing to him.

He wished by forgetting Chanyeol’s existence, the wrong doing happened would be erased and undone, like it never happened…. He almost succeeds there, not meeting Chanyeol. Well, almost.

“What’s with you and Chanyeol?”

At the third day, Jongdae voiced out his curiosity. There were at least five other pairs of ears perked out at the question. Everyone in the office witnessed it, the sudden unfamiliar silence in their work place. Usually, it would be full of shouts from Baekhyun and Chanyeol throwing insults and spilling profanities at each other. Sometimes, if they were lucky enough they could get a free show of physical fighting as well. But now, the two seemed to be avoiding each other.

“Are you fighting with him?” Jongdae enlightened his question with hand ready to put the black bean noodle on his chopsticks into his mouth but quickly cancelled it and shook his head. “No, you two were always fighting, but now is different. What happened, actually?!”

Baekhyun choked on his food and reached for plain water quickly.

“What do you mean? I don’t know what you are talking about. We are like, usual?”

“Really?” Jongdae squinted in suspicion and Baekhyun laughed awkwardly as he tried to wave it off, only to earn a harder squint of Jongdae’s piercing eyes. Since when Byun Baekhyun laughs when talking about Park Chanyeol?

“I’m not sure, Baekhyun. You seem—“

Baekhyun opened his mouth, he was about to give a cut for Jongdae’s suspicious marks as his peripheral view caught a certain tall lanky giant he least wanted to see that moment stepping into the cafeteria. And he can’t… he can’t even see a shadow of Chanyeol without being reminded on what happened. On reflex, he stood up.

“I have to go now.”

            Wiping his mouth clean, Baekhyun quickly made his walk away, leaving his food barely touched and Jongdae with his mouth agaped.

 

***

 

            Two weeks after the faithful night, Baekhyun began feeling weird in his body. It started from the morning when he woke up to a strong nausea. Baekhyun had run into the only bathroom in his house and puked his inside out. He thought he had a bad stomach and started to blame the spicy food he ate last night. But the next morning, the nausea happened again. And so did the morning after. And the next morning after.

            On the fourth day, Luhan caught him.

            “What happened to you, Baek?” The older stopped Baekhyun from his track as Baekhyun made his way out of the bathroom to be back to his small bedroom, feeling so weak and drained.

            “Oh, hyung. I guess I ate something wrong last night. I’ll be alright.”

            “Are you sure you’re okay? Yesterday you were like this too, right?”

            Baekhyun drifted his gaze away, to anything but Luhan. Somehow, the way his step brother looked at him made him feel uncomfortable, as if Luhan trying to strip his mind, to read through him and somehow, he didn’t want the older to.

            No one needed to know the shame.

            “I- I need to get ready to the office now, hyung, or I’ll be late.”

            With all the energy remained, Baekhyun shimmied his way out of Luhan’s eyesight and got back to the comfort of his room. He closed the door quietly and slammed his back against it after, hands drawing up to his chest to felt his racing heart.

            Luhan seemed suspicious to him, and he too, suspected himself. He just dared not to admit. Because.... it couldn’t be, right? It’s impossible. But the constant morning sickness... the way he felt too easily tired lately... his mood that changed every minute...

            That can’t be...

            Baekhyun shook his head. Hoping after hope that if he did just that, if he didn’t say out loud the possibility even in his mind, that couldn’t come true.

 

***

 

            He ended up at some pharmacy that very afternoon, taking his lunch time, face covered by full mask as he shopped on and got back to the office with  three packs of pregnancy test.

            No, it wasn’t it! He was not pregnant. Or so he told himself. He was just going to make sure that it was just food poisoned case and not pregnancy, yeah, that was it.

            Waiting for his work hours to end so he could get back home and had himself insurance that no, he was not pregnant was another torture, apparently. There was still around two hours left but every minute felt like a day already.

            “Are you having a hemorrhoid or something, Baek?” Jongdae commented from his seat while sipping his coffee.

            “What?” Baekhyun, snapped out of his thought, looked attacked at the sudden mention of his name that Jongdae had to roll his eyes.

            “I didn’t even see you working on something. You just sat there with a blank face and shifted every five minute. What’s wrong, huh?”

            “Oh… n-no. I justWait, Jongdae, I need to go to the bathroom first.”

            Baekhyun got up from his seat and walked his way out of their working space awkwardly, much too Jongdae’s further suspicion, as he tried to make subtle the black plastic bag he was holding.

            He couldn’t wait anymore. He couldn’t even work since all he could think was about a small creature he hoped wasn’t there in the first place, that cursed night, and certain cursed lanky idiot. He needed to be assured now so he could go back finishing the project he had been half lingering too long on.

            After watching a man from marketing division walked out of the bathroom and making sure no one else there but him, Baekhyun went to one of the stall and locked it before sitting on the toilet bowl. He placed the plastic bag on his side and placed hands on his chest, praying to the God for the good outcome before pulling out one of the sticks, the one with popular brand and claimed to be most sensitive.

            With eyes squished shut, Baekhyun clutched tight the stick in his hand after his first trial, lips didn’t fail to keep mumbling his prayers.

            It’s only bad stomach. It’s only bad stomach. Oh please God, it’s only bad stomach please…

            And then, he opened his eyes slowly, peeking.

            The sight had his heartbeat stopped for a moment, then throbbed hard uncontrollably. There it was, a red line and another faint line twinning it. Baekhyun gaped, then, with shaking hands hastily he took the other two packets of the test pack and dip them to the bottle of his urinate.

            No… that can’t be true. God please no…

 

***

 

            Baekhyun knew his eyes were still red for he didn’t wipe them thoroughly. The small guy knew his vision was darkened as he made big and quick steps toward another office room that wasn’t his. He knew he didn’t thinking straight, he couldn’t even think at all. He just followed the first instinct came to his mind (after crying the life out of him, of course) and it was to come to Chanyeol’s working desk. But when he came near his place, he spotted the very same man making his way toward the elevator. And so Baekhyun followed, barely catching him up at the very last second before the door being shut.

            There was only the two of them now as the elevator silently moved up. Baekhyun kept the silence as he stares at the tall man before him in a way that made Chanyeol shuddered, expecting something bad to happen. Little did he know that he was never been so right in his life before.

            “Oh hey, dwarf,” he tried. Baekhyun didn’t budge.

            It all was only silence for ears.

            “Baek? Do you have something to tell me?”

            Chanyeol flinched as Baekhyun kept not saying anything but continued digging laser into his skull. And he had idea why, surely.

            “Listen, Baekhyun. About that night… we talked about it, right? That we would forget it. That that night never happened as it was supposed to be. So… uhh… let’s forget it?  Let’s act like before?”

            Baekhyun clenched his fists at both the sides of his body. His blood started to boil. Forget it?! What the hell! Of course it’s easy for him to say so. He’s not the one lost his ity! He’s not the one being ed drunk! He’s not the one that must carry the

            “Yah Byun, if you’re not gonna say anyth—“

            “YAH PAK DUMMY! I’M PREGNANT!”

            Right at that time, the elevator door opened. Chanyeol gaped, and so did the dozen other pairs of ears and eyes that stood in front of the elevator.

 



A/N: I know this is so late and this is a ed up chapter sobs. But what do I do, works been piling up and I'm just... this lame.

But anywaaaaayyy thank you for all the subs, upvotes and comments. Please let me make it up in the next chapter ;A; don't give up on me please TT

PS: Should I keep it rated M or nah? Because as you guys said, it's a cute , half half comedy I'm-