The Invitation

Hiraeth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The birds outside were busy chirping, telling the world that it was time to start a new day. The sun briefly slide up on the sky, shining the town to wake the people up. The honk and the screeching tire were heard. That was seven am in the morning, Seoul was ready to get up.

“Ouch, ,” Chanyeol’s deep voice broke the peaceful morning when his toe bumped on the kitchen counter. The guy bent down to gently massaged his toe before getting up. He was making some cereals.

Chanyeol didn’t always have breakfast but he woke up too early today and he was starving. He poured the cold milk into the bowl, mixing the cereal and the milk together. He then brought the bowl to the living room.

Right when he placed his on the couch, the bell was heard. Groaning, Chanyeol got up to check on the monitor who the heck visited in the morning, right when he was about to get some food. A face of a woman Chanyeol knew appeared on the screen, making the guy curse beneath his breath. After collecting some strength, the guy opened the front door.

“Chanyeol,” a woman in white casual dress wrapped her arms over the guy once the door was opened, pulling the guy in her embrace closer. “I missed you so much.”

Chanyeol who didn’t react to the older woman’s action only let a sigh. “You’re disturbing my breakfast time,” he quietly hissed, making the woman pull herself away slightly.

“You were eating?”

“What do you want, Yoora Noona?” Chanyeol stared at the noona’s eyes deeply, not looking excited in any way.

The woman who was known as Chanyeol’s sister blinked several times, letting out a sigh. “I don’t know what happened to us, Chanyeol, we used to get along together, didn’t we?”

Chanyeol didn’t answer for a while. “Did you come here only to say that? If yes then I’d close the door and continue eating,” Chanyeol held the door as if ready to close anytime soon.

“Wait, no,” Park Yoora quickly stopped her brother’s arm. “Chanyeol, could you please treat your noona good? Or at least could you please treat a guest well? Please be a decent person, Chanyeol-ah,” her voice trembled a little, making Chanyeol sigh.

“Alright, fine,” he said calmly. “What does my noona want to say that she has to come here?” He tried his best to send a smile.

Park Yoora let out a long sigh before looking up at the younger’s eyes. “Abeoji would like to have a family gathering in three days, in our house. Yoori has already bought a flight ticket, she’s coming too. And since this is a family gathering, we’d like you to come in too, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol scoffed softly. “What’s the point of family gathering when there’s no mother?”

“Eomoni is coming too,” Park Yoora immediately stated, nodding. “It’s only five of us. Don’t you miss sitting together and hanging out with us, Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol didn’t move an inch, his mind was busy trying to recall the last time he sat in a round with his completed family. He never found those memories, even if he could, that was probably from years ago.

“What are we going to talk about?” Chanyeol asked, his voice sounded softer.

A smile on Park Yoora’s face rose up upon hearing the question. “Everything, literally. We can do anything we like. Let’s have some fun together!”

“I doubt about having some fun together part, honestly,” Chanyeol crossed his arms over his chest. “But okay, let’s give it a try. When does that old man want to hold the gathering?”

“Three days? I thought I’d said that before?”

“Right, I meant what time does he want?”

“Oh, let’s say we’ll make it up for disturbing your breakfast time today,” Park Yoora sent a wide smile. “So it will be on Friday, what about that, dongsaeng?”

“Well, I guess it’s fine, I have no class on Friday,” Chanyeol told her.

“Oh, yes, how is college? Did you make new friends?”

“It’s fine and I’m enjoying it every day,” Chanyeol took a glance over the living room. “Would you like to come in, Noona?”

“Oh, actually, no, it’s okay, I mean I don’t have much time to take a day off today,” Park Yoora quickly shook her head, smiling firmly. Despite the fact that Chanyeol being mean to her, she knew the little brother still had a warm spot in his heart. “Also, I’m so glad that you’ve enjoyed college. It’s tough, you gotta be ready.”

“I’ve been through tougher life so I guess that’s not a big deal,” Chanyeol slightly chuckled with no humour.

Park Yoora let out a sigh upon hearing that. “Anyways, Noona is going to go again. It’s really nice to see you, Chanyeol-ah.”

“Already?” Chanyeol lifted his chin up, slightly surprised. “But okay, I understand. You still have to go to work.”

“Yes,” Park Yoora placed her hand on Chanyeol’s forearm, rubbing it reassuringly. “Please take care of yourself well, dongsaeng.”

Chanyeol nodded. “You too. Also,” he stopped for a while, “it’s nice talking to you again. I- kind of missed you.”

That confession suddenly made Park Yoora’s heart soft. Her brother never said such words before. In fact, he would curse, swear, and call her names every time she tried to call him. And the scariest thing was the fact that he had always been alone. He needed friends, he needed his sisters.

Park Yoora slightly took a step to wrap her arms around the taller guy. “I missed you too, Chanyeol. Let’s spend time together later.”

Chanyeol didn’t move, either he wasn’t sure to react or he was quietly drowning in the love of an older sister.

“You know, Chanyeol, if you really want to be acknowledged, you’ll have to do something great,” after saying that and pulling away, Park Yoora left the younger, making Chanyeol feel lost for a while. But one thing had remained in his mind since then.

This was probably the fifth time Joohyun tried to call somebody through the phone and was probably the tenth time she cursed after hearing another voicemail.

“Eonni, will I look good with peach to meet The Rebels?” and that was the third time her roommate asking for an opinion on the outfit she was going to wear.

The older didn’t reply, still focusing on her phone.

“Ya! Eonni!” Seulgi, the roommate, shouted, failed in making Joohyun turn her head. “We’re going to meet The Rebels and you’re still there chilling, and–” she stopped for a while, eyeing what exactly the older was doing. “What are you doing?”

“Seulgi, how do you know if you’re blocked?” Joohyun finally lifted her face up only to ignore Seulgi’s question. “If I block your number, will I not be receiving your messages?”

“I guess?” Seulgi shrugged, “or I won’t be able to call your number.”

“Ah,” Joohyun leaned on the pile of pillows, giving up on the phone in her hand. “I see.”

“What happened though? Did someone block your number?” Seulgi got her attention back on her peachy long shirt.

“Junmyeon Oppa,” Joohyun whispered, burying her body. “Ah, why did he have to do this?”

“What?!” Seulgi had this expression of ‘what the hell is going on?’ obviously seen on her face. “He blocked your number?”

“I think so,” Joohyun held her phone up, “last night he saw me talking with Chanyeol and honestly, I don’t know, he can’t be contacted this morning.”

“Ah, so that’s the tea,” Seulgi nodded, grabbing another pair of outfits. “He must have been jealous or hurt, but have you tried talking to him?”

“I’ve been trying to call him for the past three hours,” Joohyun covered her face with a pillow. She clearly remembered when she checked the clock before starting to send loads of messages.

“Try looking for him, Eonni. I bet he’s easy to be found.”

“Yeah, that would work.”

“And aside from that, would you please tell me which sweater I should wear? The peach one of the yellow one?”

While Seulgi and Joohyun were preparing themselves to meet The Rebels, the band had already been in the studio since two hours ago. Today they weren’t alone, they bought halves of their lives.

“Chanyeol, I think Toben needs to pee,” Oh Sehun, the lead guitarist of The Rebels, told the drummer after noticing the small poodle trying to get out of the room. He himself was bringing his bichon.

“Come to me, Toben,” Chanyeol bent down a little to hold the pup in his arms. “Who’s the good boy?”

“So tell me,” Baekhyun started, petting his Welsh Corgi on the couch, “what’s the concept today? The Repups for The Rebels and The Pups?”

“I love that, we should make a band for our puppies,” Sehun commented, “my Vivi will be the female singer.”

Right at the moment, three poodles ran towards Sehun’s bichon, making the white pup hide under his arms.

“For God’s sake, where’s Jongin?” He held the pup tightly. “His puppies are scaring Vivi. Please be gentle with Vivi, pups. This is the first time she’s here.”

“Chanyeol-ah, will that Bae Joohyun come here again?” Baekhyun asked, hand tickling his pup’s head.

“Oh, Joohyun Noona will be here again?” Sehun turned his head to Chanyeol.

“She said she would,” Chanyeol nodded, going to his drum set then taking a seat on the chair. “And she said she would bring a friend.”

“, I haven’t practised anything today to impress girls,” Baekhyun groaned.

“Guys, I’ve been thinking,” Chanyeol put his poodle down on the floor, looking at the other members, “is it okay for you guys to let me have a solo session for the competition?”

“Like solo drum?” Sehun asked.

“Yes.”

“Pfft, you said that was a dumb idea,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, recalling how Chanyeol’s reaction was back then.

“That was. But now I think this will be great, I’ll practice more if you guys let me do that.”

“Well, if you’re okay with that then I’m fine,” Sehun replied, lying on the floor with Vivi sitting on his chest. “Jongin would probably say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter