The Third Scar

Hiraeth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m going to meet my friend now,” Joohyun pulled herself away from the tight hug, looking up the latter with a smile, “she’s arriving in an hour, would you like to keep me company?”

The latter who was nobody but Chanyeol nodded. “Sure, at the airport?”

“Yes,” Joohyun grinned, giving the tall guy another long hug, “thank you, Chanyeol.”

It had been ten days since they were together. Both Chanyeol and Joohyun had a commitment to always tell each other how their days went or basically be open about everything. Chanyeol even told her that she was his first girlfriend and he asked for her understanding if he was rusty. That made Joohyun laugh since she also told her that her past love stories weren’t going well. Joohyun had two exes during high school and they were jerks, she said.

Chanyeol learned a lot about Joohyun, the fact that she liked hugging and listening to his heartbeat, the fact that she would always scrunch her nose if she tried to lie, or the fact that she enjoyed listening to classic music. Joohyun also learned about her boyfriend, his habit to skip meals that would make her nag him in the end, his obsession to become a good musician, or how cute he was to say the three meaningful words.

And so far, they didn’t seem to have very serious problems with Sehun since Sehun himself acted as nothing happened. Also for the career of The Rebels, they hadn’t faced any serious problems regarding their new relationship. Chanyeol wanted to keep it secret before the album rehearsal and Joohyun didn’t mind that.

The newly couple now found themselves in Incheon Airport. The airport was a bit crowd since it was a long weekend. People seemed very busy, bringing their cases around with their phones on their ears. That was like just one of the scenes in dramas.

“Is your friend a British?” Chanyeol asked as they were on the escalator.

“She’s like me, half British half Korean, her name’s Wendy,” Joohyun looked up at him. “But I call her Seungwan.”

Chanyeol nodded in an understanding manner, “I assume that many Korean natives live in England.”

“Well, not that many, actually, but I know a lot, we’re good friends with them,” Joohyun grabbed Chanyeol wrist to the Arrival waiting room. “Come on!”

They took a seat on the long couch, looking around the surrounding in silence. Joohyun took her phone out of her pouch, opening a camera to secretly capture a random selfie when Chanyeol wasn’t aware.

“Delete that, I wasn’t ready,” Chanyeol extended his arm to grab Joohyun’s phone. The girl quickly kept it in her pocket.

“No, that one is cute,” Joohyun giggled, sticking her tongue out playfully. “So when was the last time you took selfies?”

“I don’t remember, I don’t take selfies,” Chanyeol shook his head, still trying to sneak his hand into her pocket. “Joohyun-ie, give me your phone.”

“Did you just call me Joohyun-ie?” Joohyun stopped her track, so did Chanyeol.

“Uh, yeah?”

“I’m usually called Joohyun-ah but I like the sound of Joohyun-ie,” she grinned, making Chanyeol blush a little. In a society where guys made girls blush, that didn’t work for them. Chanyeol might be the cold guy but when it came to his Joohyun, he would turn into the softest guy alive.

“Oh, wait, she’s here,” Joohyun took her phone out of her pocket when it vibrated. She got up and grabbed the boyfriend’s forearm. “Come on, come on, come on.”

They made their way to the front gate. Many people, mostly formal dresses, passed by. Some of them went to the people who held up a paper with their names on it. Joohyun waved excitedly as a young woman with light brown hair in a white casual dress passed the detector machine.

“Seungwan!” she rushed to hug her, leaving Chanyeol.

“Irene!” the young woman replied, chuckling when Joohyun hugged her tightly. “I missed you so much, oh dear.”

Joohyun pulled away slightly, “I missed you too! How was the flight?”

“It’s very tiring,” the girl let out a sigh, intertwining her arm with Joohyun’s. “Let’s get my case.”

“Wait, I came here with someone,” Joohyun stopped her, turning her head to Chanyeol who was standing not far from them.

Seungwan’s eyes followed Joohyun’s direction, she whispered, “who is that?”

“My boyfriend,” she replied, chuckling. “Remember when I said that I would date a Korean guy? I’m really doing it.”

Seungwan’s eyes widened in slight disbelief, “really? Oh, dear!”

“Do you want to say hi to him?”

“Wait, wait,” Seungwan leaned closer to whisper, “does he know about the issue and your family thing?”

“Ah, no, he doesn’t,” Joohyun whispered in response, shaking her head, “nobody knows about it, Seungwan, even my grandmother.”

Seungwan nodded, “I’m honestly still not used to get called Seungwan,” she let out a light chuckle.

“That’s what I felt too when I came here, who’s Bae Joohyun? I’m Irene Bae,” Joohyun shook her head, dragging Seungwan to her boyfriend. “Let’s meet him.”

“This is Son Seungwan, and this is Park Chanyeol,” Joohyun introduced the two people.

Seungwan sent an awkward bow, “hello there, my name’s Seungwan. It’s nice to meet you.”

“I’m Chanyeol, nice to meet you too,” Chanyeol did the same thing.

“Okay, let’s get something to eat,” Joohyun stated in excitement.

“Wait, I actually have to visit my family, I promised them,” Seungwan said in English. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about this, Irene.”

“What? Like right away? But you just came here.”

“I know, I’m so sorry, but I’ll be free tomorrow.”

“Ah, okay then. It’s fine,” Joohyun looked disappointed, leaning closer to her, “but let’s meet up to discuss, I really need your help.”

Seungwan nodded, patting Joohyun’s shoulder with a smile. “I’ll see you two later,” she radiated a smile to both Joohyun and Chanyeol before making her way to the baggage section.

“Have fun on the way home!” Joohyun shouted in the end.

“So why did she come here?” Chanyeol asked once Seungwan was out of sight.

“Oh, uh, she came to visit her family here,” Joohyun quickly answered. “Also we missed hanging out, she’s on her break.”

Chanyeol nodded. “Anyways, I have a band practice in an hour, do you want to come?”

Joohyun hopped to cling onto her boyfriend’s arm. “Absobloodylootely. Please lead the way, my man.”

“I’m bored of practising,” Baekhyun announced, walking to the couch to take a seat. “Hey, let’s go out somewhere.”

“Let’s get something to eat, but not delivering,” Sehun added.

“Wait, wait, are we going to eat outside?” Joohyun interrupted. She had been there during the band practice. “Seulgi said she’s coming, she’s on the way right now.”

“Argh, that abusive woman,” Jongin groaned, removing the guitar bass off his shoulders.

“I agree with the idea to hang out,” Chanyeol got up, putting his drumsticks in his bag. “We haven’t hung out since weeks ago, let’s get our mind refreshed for a while,” he then walked to the couch to take a seat next to Joohyun.

“Let’s look for some new guitars, I heard they were just sent this week,” Sehun suggested, making the rest members nod in agreement.

The door suddenly opened, Seulgi popped in, breathlessly waving her hand. “Hello, The Rebels-nim, please take me with you guys.”

“No, we’re not accepting a weird person in our boat,” Jongin walked to her in order to close the door.

“What? Who allowed you? You’re not their manager!”

“Boo, guess who’s going to follow Chanyeol?” Baekhyun yelled, clapping his hands.

They eventually left the campus studio and decided to go to the nearest mall. Chanyeol and Joohyun went to the guy’s car and the rest ended in Baekhyun’s.

“Hey, one of you please join Chanyeol’s car,” Baekhyun looked through the front mirror once Jongin and Seulgi entered the car. Sehun sat next to him. “It can’t be Sehun so please either Seulgi and Jongin leave my car.”

“I got in first,” Jongin stated, buckling the seatbelt. “I’m even ready so please leave the car immediately.”

“What? I don’t want to be the third-wheel. Also, I’d get ignored,” Seulgi refused, glancing at Sehun. “Sehun, you go there.”

“Can you guys please cooperate with me?” Sehun groaned, “I’m still moving on.”

“Watch your mouth,” Jongin pinched Seulgi’s forearm, assuming that the girl had no idea what happened over a week ago.

“Ouch! Look who’s the abusive here,” Seulgi pinched the guy back in return.

Baekhyun started the car after making sure that the passengers wouldn’t leave it. The two cars left the campus, heading to the town. It was quite quiet in Chanyeol’s car as they se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter