Chapter 7

I Will Wait For You Even If It Takes Forever

HeToday there’s no school so Yixing decided to pop by Boxian’s house to surprise him. However, when he reached, he didn’t get to surprise the shorter boy but was surprised instead, by the person that was in his house, chatting with him.

“Oh,Yixing why are you here? Did you come to visit?”

“Y-Yeah.” Still yet recover from the shock from seeing Canlie here.

“Hi, Yixing!”

“Hi? Canlie.” Yixing greeted the tall guy and whispered to Boxian, “Since when did the both of you got so close to each other to the point that he can visit your house?”

“Huh? Oh, I forgot to tell you that Canlie will be staying in my house for a while.”

“Why?”

“Because his father didn’t want to bring him to the war-prone area so he left him here with my dad.”

“Oh, okay. Boxian I got something I want to ask you privately.”

“Okay, let's go to my chamber together.” Then turn to Canlie and tell him, “Canlie you play with mongryong first, Yixing have something to talk to me.”

“Okay see you guys later.”

 

In Boxian’s chamber

“Xing, what is it that you want to ask me?.”

“Erm.” Yixing bite his lower lips, thinking about something then slowly look up to look at Boxian, “Boxian, when you are beside Canlie do you feel your heart beating crazily, your breathing gets faster and face become super red when he gets very close to you, feeling as if you are gonna faint at any moment?” 

“Why so random? Well when I first saw him in my house and in class, I have somehow similar feelings like what you describe just now. But now after I get to know him more, I have stronger feelings than that. When I see his smile, I feel like my world had brightened up. When he is sad, I feel like I need to cheer him up like it is my mission for that day. I know it sounds exaggerated but I actually feel ease around him even though my heart was thumping so hard I feel like it’s gonna leave my body. But why are you asking me?” 

“Don’t tell me you have these feelings for someone!? Tell me who is it, faster tell me”

Yixing looked at Boxian but didn’t say anything. He smiles weakly as Boxian frown at his silence.

“Don’t tell me is… Canlie?”

“…Of course not Boxian I know your feelings for him I won’t do something like that.”

Boxian gave a sigh of relieve, he really doesn’t what to do if that person is Canlie. “So, who is it?”

“It’s Shixun.”

“….?

“Huh? Say again.”

“Shixun.”

Boxian looked at Yixing with a confused expression.

“Sorry I think I heard wrongly. Who again?”

“Shixun. Wu ShiXun! Get it! WU.SHI.XUN!”

Boxian froze for a second, and exclaimed,“WHAT?! That straight-faced with beady eyes guy! Why him? That guy is so rude and … well, I think his eyes are grown on the top of his head (Boxian is trying to say that Shixun is arrogant) and don’t you think he is a freaking disrespectful person even to his own brother. Why would my xingxing fall for that kind of guy!?” with his hand running through his hair.

“Boxian stop it, you are too loud other people will be able to hear you.” Yixing wined while pulling Boxian’s shirt.

“He isn’t that bad, after knowing him for a few days I realised that his rude ‘self’ is like a façade to hid his caring self and I mean he might look arrogant but he really isn’t he is quite friendly and cute like Canlie.”

“Don’t compare him with Canlie. I mean except for his looks I really don’t know he is good in any way[you just called him a beady eye..]. How is he cute and friendly? Is there something wrong with your brain? If you say that person u like is Yifan I will be able to accept it. Why him xingxing? He is like so different from you.” Boxian said while rocking his best friend front and back.

Yixing glared at Boxian after stopping him, “You are saying these because you don’t know him. Don’t judge a book by its cover Boxian.” Yixing pouted.

Boxian just stares blankly at Yixing. With a lot of thing running through his mind. He didn’t ever expect his bestie also like male like him well Yixing never told him that he was interested in any female before but still…Maybe Boxian is being too harsh on Yixing, he was sure that Yixing told him his feelings because he has no one to turn to. He sighs internally and turns to hold Yixing’s hand then open his arms and hug the latter.

Yixing kindly hugged back and ask, “Would dislike me for liking Shixun?”

“No, of course not. I would never be able to dislike my xingxing but does it really have to be him?”

"BOXIAN!" Yixing yelled then started hitting him with mini punches that doesn't hurt at all.

‘Knock, Knock’ Someone knocked on the door before opening it, “Boxian, Yixing come out and have lunch.”

“….”, “….” Both Yixing and Boxian stare at Canlie that was standing by the door before turning to stare at each other.

“Canlie, how long have you been outside? Did you heard anything we both said?”

Canlie smiles brightly and said, “I heard Yixing said he likes Shixun.”

After hearing that, Yixing sat there motionlessly. He felt his world crumbling. Canlie is not close to him and if he told other people that Yixing is interested in a guy, he will be dead. He would become a disgrace to his family, he will be exiled and never be able to see them again he might even have to die alone because he liking a guy will be known by everyone in the world, he will be despised anywhere he goes.   

All the bad things that might 'happen' began to flood Yixing's mind.

Boxian glared at Canlie unable to understand why he will fall for this overgrown idiot then turn to face Yixing and gave him a hard smack him on his head. Bring him back to real life, stopping him to fall deeper into his own miserable imagination.

“Xing, don’t think too much. Nothing will happen, Canlie won’t tell anyone that you like Shixun. So don’t worry, I won’t let him.”

Yixing stare at Boxian, eyes watering, tears forming, “Y-you sure?” Yixing voice are shaking when he asked.

“Yeah, I'm sure, Yixing. I won’t tell anyone.” Canlie replied even though the question is directed to Boxian. Then walked into the chamber and rested his hand on the shorter man’s head, “sorry, Yixing. I didn’t mean to overhear your conversation but I definitely won’t tell anyone because you are my friend.”

Yixing looked at Canlie and meet his sincere eyes and decided to believe what he said. Boxian saw Yixing facial expression become a little more relaxed and let out a sigh of relieve.   

During lunch, Yixing sat opposite beside Boxian and opposite to Canlie. The way Canlie stare at Boxian when the latter is stuffing his mouth with as much food as possible cause Yixing wonder if the tall guy is interested in his friend. It is the eyes of adoration and affection which Yixing seen somewhere before, but where? It’s the exact same eyes Boxian show when he is staring at Canlie in class and when the both of them were chattering at the front garden a while ago [By chattering it means that Canlie was the one talking while Boxian just listens to him]. The both of them look so happy together they are in their own bubble as if Yixing wasn't there with them. Don’t tell me Canlie also…

 

 

 

Hey, guys, I'm back! Sorry that I had gone missing for so long! I still wish you guys are still following this story!