Chapter 4

I Will Wait For You Even If It Takes Forever

After they are introduced to the class, they are placed at the back of the class because of their height, a few rows behind Yixing and Boxian.

“Yixing my heart can’t calm down, I think my heart is going to jump out of my body. Why is he here? Omg, I cannot believe it! Is he sitting right behind me, is he looking at me, is he-.”

“Boxian keep quiet, everyone is looking at you, you surely don’t want to be embarrassed in front of him right. He is not behind you, he’s like 3 rows behind us and no he isn’t looking at you. So, calm down our class is starting soon.”

Boxian stop fidgeting and babbling nonsense but his heart still can’t seem to calm down. Yixing glance at Boxian and hold onto his hand under the table, trying to calm him down. Boxian looks at Yixing and gave him an appreciative smile.

 

---

 

Why didn’t he smile at me just now? Do I look weird? But he did smile to me in earlier in the morning.’ Shixun keeps pondering over why Yixing didn’t smile to him when he is introduced to the class just now. Until he heard someone talking to him,

“Hi, I’m Pu Canlie, you call me Canlie, you are Shixun right?” Shixun turns to look at Canlie, he rolled his eyes and ignore him.

“Sorry he doesn’t really like to talk to others he may seem rude but he means no harm. Hi Canlie, I’m Yifan, his brother. Nice to meet you.”  

Canlie didn’t mind Shixun at all and start to hit off with Yifan.

After the boring lesson, it is the martial arts lesson which means they all will be moving out and pairing up with other people. Their martial arts teacher looks at the new students, and ask them if they have any experience or any skills and if they want to show it to the class. All three guys discuss for a whole and agree to that suggestion.

Shixun did archery, he walked towards the archery ring, took a bow and an arrow, stand on the platform, raises his hand and place the arrow in position, pulls the end of the arrow back with no hindrance and release. Bull's eye. He continues to shoot the arrow towards other targets in the ring without changing his position, perfect. Bull's eye for every target. Then he walks down from the platform and returns to his place. Everyone looks at him in awe even their teacher, they clap and cheered every time he hit bull's eye, Canlie applauded the loudest….

 After that it is Canlie’s turn to show his talent, he walks towards the field area and took a sword from the side and start ‘performing’. Canlie starts waving his sword, at the perfect angle, up to down and then down to up, it looks as if he is dancing elegantly.

His sword skill is perfect. He gives off the aura of a charming swordsman Boxian felt his heart throbbing, ‘Omg he is so charming.’ Boxian have been staring at Canlie since he steps out onto the field, their eyes meet when Canlie turn while walking towards the class, he felt flustered and look away, with a hint of redness forming on his cheeks.

The last one is Yifan, he did a set of self ‘choreographed’ hand to hand combat in front of the class. When he strikes his first punch, he used a lot of strength the punch is so powerful that some people standing a few inches in front of him can feel it. After he ended the performance, the martial arts teacher looked at him and nodded in satisfaction.

Yifan studied in this school a few years back, the martial arts teacher is the same. When Yifan first came, he did the same thing as what Shixun did, archery. At that time, he thought that Yifan is the best archer in the kingdom, today he saw what Shixun did, he concludes that this talent runs in their family. Both are equally perfect in this sport.

After all three of them had showed their talent, the teacher split the class into 2 groups, one group will do sword first, another group will do archery, after 1 hour they will change. Shixun and Yifan will help out in the archery part while Canlie help out at the sword part.

Boxian and Yixing both did the sword part first. During the lesson, there are times where the teacher tells them to hold it there to check if they did it correctly, Canlie saw Boxian done the step a bit wrong, he goes forward and helps to correct Boxian. Boxian, however, was shocked when Canlie touched him, he gave out a small yelp and flinch away from his touch. Canlie was shocked by Boxian’s reaction and froze on the sport, While Boxian’s face turns from pink to pale then to red. Yixing notice the awkwardness between those two and decide to help Boxian.

“Don’t mind him Canlie, he is a little shy around new people.”

“Oh, nevermind.”

“By the way I’m Yixing and this guy here is Boxian.”

“Yixing, nice to meet you.” He smiled as he said that and turn to Boxian and said

“Boxian, what a cute name, quite a fitting name for you.”

“T-Thanks, and sorry to be ru-.” Before Boxian can finish what he wants to say their teacher shouted, “The three of you stop slacking, talk during your free time.”

Canlie smiles toward Boxian and walks to the back again.

‘Did he just implied that I’m cute!!’ Boxian think to himself, then shake his head from left to right and hit his head himself lightly ‘stop thinking these nonsenses he definitely didn’t imply that, so embarrassing.’  

But he didn’t know that there is a person standing at the back and saw him doing all these adorable actions, ‘really, so cute’.

The two groups swapped, Boxian and Yixing walked up to the platform. Everyone raised their bow and arrow, and shoot to let Yifan and Shixun take a look at their skill.

Yixing has zero talent in archery, he played this ‘thing’ for quite a number of time but he the arrows he shoots out have yet to even hit the brim of the target, it always either goes over the target or not even close to the target. This time is no different.

‘Sigh… not again’ Yixing look at the target dejectedly. Afterward, the Wu brothers walk to them and help them with their posture. Each start from left or right. Yifan tells the person that he is helping where he did wrong and how to correct them even though he looks cool and overbearing. As for Shixun he just looks at the person, moves their hand to the right angle and left, after he left they try shooting using the ‘new’ angle that Shixun ‘teach’ them, most people have good result.

The next person Shixun come across is Yixing. He looked at Yixing, then turn to look at the arrow he shoots just now, then looks at Yixing again with a slight frown ‘how can someone shoot so far off from the target?’ he thought to himself but didn’t say it out loud. He walked towards Yixing moved his hand and walk away, then suddenly he saw an arrow flying across him. ‘What?’ he turns and saw an embarrassed Yixing covering both his hand on his face and squatting down on the platform, with red ears (Yixing is so embarrassed that his ears turn red).  Shixun let out a small chuckle and walk toward Yixing again.

“Stand up. Try it again.”

Yixing looked up, his chocolate brown eyes met with Shixun’s umber brown eyes, his face turn even redder and try to avoid eye contact with Shixun. When Yixing regain his composure and raise the bow again.

“You need to rest the hand that you are pulling the nocking point on the string on your cheekbone and aim it before releasing it.”

Yixing did what he said and shoot again but still….

“…. I just said you need to aim before releasing. What is the point if getting the posture right but not aiming.” Shixun said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“Sorry I’m really very bad at archery, please don’t get angry.” And look at Shixun with pitiful puppy eyes.

Shixun looked at the latter’s sadden expression, he felt a little guilty for saying that. Just when he wants to say something to make Yixing feel better, Yifan popped behind them.

“Why? What happened?”

“Nothing. He can’t aim.”

Hearing what Shixun said Yixing looked even more dejected, looking at the floor eyes tearing up.Yifan noticed Yixing was about to cry and quickly said “It’s okay, I will help you. What’s your name?”

“Oh, how rude of me, I’m Yixing.” While wiping his eyes

“It’s okay. Let me help you.”

Yifan pushes Shixun lightly to the side, took his place and help Yixing. Shixun stand at the side glared at his brother, he felt unhappy and some sour feelings forming in the in his heart and didn’t know why.

Even after Yifan teach Yixing, his arrow only managed to fall just in front of the target by the time their martial arts lesson ends.

“Yixing its okay, you are improving.”

“Sigh…you don’t need to comfort me I know I’m bad at this. But thanks.”

Yifan chuckled at the younger’s reaction wanted to say something but decided not to.

Everyone walked back to the classroom and the teacher called Yixing, “Yixing, we will be having an archery test soon, but looking at your skill now, I doubt you will pass the test.

Yixing looked at the teacher worriedly ‘how am I supposed to explain to my parent is I can’t pass this test?’

“Oh, Shixun can you come here for a moment.”

“What?”, Shixun said to the teacher, Yixing looked at Shixun, ‘how can he be so rude to the teacher? Sigh…’ but of course, he didn’t say it out.

“I want you to help Yixing in his archery and make sure he passes his test.”

“What!”, “Why?!” Yixing and Shixun exclaimed at the same time.

“What, why. Because you, Yixing are bad at archery and you, Shixun is good at it. This is why. I’m not taking no for an answer. Shixun, I realised you haven’t made any friends in the class yet, Yixing will be your first one.” The teacher told the both of them before leaving.

“….”

“….”

The both of them looked at each other speechlessly before Shixun turn and walk back into the classroom, followed by Yixing.

 

 

A/ N: Sorry for posting this chapter, late guys! I've been trying to write more cause my school starting soon. Whish you enjoy this chapter.