Chapter 6 [chanbaek]

I Will Wait For You Even If It Takes Forever

At Boxian’s House. [a Few days later]  

 

“Where is Boxian?”

“He is still bathing Master.”

“Ask him to hurry up, and stop playing in the water. Our guest is waiting for him.”

“Yes, Master.” The servant said, glancing at the tall and charming guest sitting on the chair and excused herself.

“Young master Boxian, are you done yet? Master is looking for you.”

“Tell him I’m bathing! Stop rushing me!”

“But Master seems like he has something important to say to you.”

“Sigh okay ask my father to wait awhile more.”

Even thought Boxian said that he continues to play with the flower petals in the tub for a long while before getting out of the bath and dry himself.

(Yes, Boxian bath in flower water. Don’t judge he should always smell nice. 😉)

In the main hall, Mr Bian was chattering with his guest and Boxian walked into the hall leisurely, with his long hair(not dried) down, his robe not tied properly and face flushed because of being in the hot water for too long.

“Boxian! Why are you dressed like this?!” Mr Bian exclaimed

“Why? I always dressed like this.” Boxian spoke leisurely and look up.

“Ahhh!!” Boxian shouted after noticing the guest Mr Bian is talking to, he sprints back to his own chamber, leaving the people left in the main hall stunned and confused.

‘Omg… it’s not him, definitely not him.’ Boxian tried to convince himself. Then his mind wandered back to the guy sitting in the hall just now, ‘pointy ears, big eyes, tall like a giant and… IT IS REALLY PU CANLIE.’ Boxian felt like the world is ending. He buried his face into his hand, remembering Canlie’s face just now when he shouted, ‘He must have think that I’m a crazy, sloppy and weird person.’ Boxian squart behind the door regretting what he did.

After a while, there is a light knock on the door. And someone started talking “Boxian, baby, it’s me, mother. What happened? It is normal to walk around the house in that outfit, it’s okay. Come on, open the door.” Seeing there’s no movement from inside, Mrs Bian continued “You suddenly shouted and left abruptly, leaving us behind, there is a guest in the hall, this will tell others that your dad and I don’t know how to teach our child and et others think that you are a rude person. It’s not true, is it?”

Still no movement… Just when Mrs Bian want to give up and walk away, she saw the door opening. Boxian stand inside his chamber, facing the floor, “I’m sorry mother.”

“It’s okay baby. Now go dress up and meet our guest. Pick out a nice outfit, I want them to see how handsome my baby is.”

In the hall.

“Canlie sorry for my son’s rude behavior just now, he doesn't act that way usually, I don't know what gone into him Boxian you should apologise too.”

“Sorry…” 

“It’s okay Mr Bian, I didn’t mind. I also dress in that way at home.”

Mr Bian laughed and patted Canlie’s shoulder; thanking him for not making fun of his poor son.

After dinner, they went back to the main hall, and Mr Bian announced, “ Oh, from today onwards Canlie will be staying with us for a few months, his father is being deployed to another country and wants him to stay in Wu kingdom to study.”

Hearing this sudden news, Boxian sat down there, frozen and stunned. He was having mixed feelings, he doesn’t know why his heart is beating so fast, he is getting all nervous and fidgety without any reason and he is being very shy and quiet. He doesn’t know he is experiencing these foreign feelings he never had before. He looks up and took a glance at Canlie, their eyes met, Canlie was staring at Boxian. Boxian felt his heart throbbed, his face was heating up, his palms were wet with sweat. He looked away to avoid eye contact, but still he subconsciously turns his head to take a peek at that giant, Canlie looked at him and a big idiotic grin is printed on his face. Most people will probably think he looked silly but the moment Boxian see Canlie smiling at him, time stopped. Boxian comes to a realisation that, he has fallen for this silly looking giant sitting in front of him which is the reason behind all those feeling he never felt before.    

When Boxian is back in his chamber, he can’t sleep. He had been pacing back and forth in the chamber for around half an hour. So he decided to go and stroll in the backyard.

After walking to the backyard, he saw mongryong lying on the grass, Boxian walks toward his puppy and sits next to him, “Mongryong ah~ what should I do? Why will I fall for a guy? Why? Sigh~ Mongryong, I keep thinking if him now my whole head is filled with him and I can’t sleep…” Boxian keeps talking to his puppy and not realising that there is a figure standing behind for quite some time.

“Mongryong are you even listening to me!?” Boxian said, raising his voice a little at the innocent looking puppy. His puppy tilts his head and looked back his owner giving a confused expression.

“Even if you scold him, I don’t think he will understand what you are talking about.” A voice suddenly appear out of nowhere, which causes Boxian to give a small yelp. Boxian turns and see Canlie walking to his direction with an amused expression.

“You scared me! Suddenly popping out of nowhere!” Boxian shouted angrily (not loudly) “Err… Did you heard what I said just now?”

“I heard you.”

Boxian was shocked when Canlie said that he heard him, he became a little flustered and ask again, “E-Everything?”

Canlie noticed Boxian’s voice wavering and decided to tell him a white lie. “Nothing much I only heard you scolding your puppy. Do you have any problems hindering you? I’m a good listener. 😊

Actually, what Canlie said was not totally a lie, he was walking back to his chamber to rest but when he reached his chamber, he saw Boxian leaving his own chamber and decided to follow him. He heard everything, he didn’t mean to eavesdrop but when he saw Boxian talking to mongryong as if the puppy can understand him, he thinks that Boxian is too adorable and decided to stay for a while longer to watch more of his cute actions. But after that he got interested in what the latter was talking about so seriously to the puppy, he decided to walk closer and say hi or something because he feel like he is being a weirdo, standing there staring at Boxian. But when he got closer, he heard what Boxian was talking about, he decided not to approach him because he wants to listen what else he still want to say. 

Upon hearing what Canlie said, Boxian gave out a sigh of relieve but glared at Canlie for making him so anxious just now. But after a whole day of ups and downs of his heart, now that Canlie is here sitting next to him, he felt more relaxed and calm, maybe because he just ranted all his feelings for him to mongryong.

“Never mind, I had told mongryong everything I want to in my mind.”

“Okay.” Canlie said and gave Boxian a light smile.

“So, his name is mongryong, what a cute name.”

“Cute right! Only you and xing know to appreciate his name. Hehe, I gave him this name.”

“Hmm~ I also used to have a dog when I’m in the war zone area, he was a stray puppy, I think he was separated from his family when they moved away. When I found him, he was very weak and malnutrition. I begged my dad to allow me to take care of him and he agreed.” Canlie didn’t continue so Boxian turn and look at him and ask, “Then? How is he?”

“He died. A few months ago, trying to save me when an enemy attack us.”

“…. Sorry.”

“Why are you saying sorry? It’s okay, even though he left, he will always be in my heart. Sigh, he is the reason why I decided to come here and study alone. He is my only family member. Since my father is always away, I’m not close to him so Toben is the only one I can turn to when I have any problems. Toben the name of my dog.” giving Boxian a sad but assuring smile 

Canlie eyes began to get watery and Boxian noticed it, but he doesn’t know what to say to comfort Canlie.

“Sorry, I don’t what came over me, telling you these ‘heavy’ things. I just feel at ease when I’m with you.” Canlie wipped his tears with his hands looking down to avoid looking at Boxian.

“I feel honoured to have you feel at ease with me, Canlie. From now on I will be your family. You can also treat mongryong as your puppy. Mongryong and I will br your listening ear from now on.” Boxian run his hand soothingly on Canlie’s back while telling him.

“You can cry out loud if you want, but if you feel awkard, try looking at the sky, your tears will stay inside. It won’t come out.”

Canlie didn’t say anything but moved his head to look at the sky. The both of them keep silence for the next few minutes before Canlie says “Thank you Boxian, thanks for comforting me.”    

A/N: Here comes my chanbaek chapter guys! Sorry for making you guys wait. Wish you would enjoy this chapter!