Chapter 1

I Will Wait For You Even If It Takes Forever

“Father I am the prince of this kingdom, please tell me why do I have to go to the scholar school and study with other people!?” Shixun said while walking into the King’s chamber

“You just said the reason yourself, you are the prince of the kingdom. You should also take lesson to increase your knowledge and make some friends in the school. The students in that school are all the son of our county’s minister.” The king said with a hint of annoyance in his voice and stern face.

“But I don’t want to, I’m not interested in making friends with those minister’s kid and if father want me to study I can just do it alone in my chamber, there’s no need for me to go to school.” Shixun is really hatting the idea of going out to the town to go to school.

Is not that he hates the town, he sneaks out from time to time to play and have fun with the commoners he just thinks that going to town to study is taking away too much of his free time so he is not fond of that idea. He also doesn’t like to make friends with the minister’s kid, the ministers he meets before always have ulterior motive in talking to him and faking their smiles around him just because he is the prince. He would rather make friends with the commoners who doesn’t.

Even though Shixun is the son the King dotes on the most but he is not happy with the attitude he is getting from his youngest son.

“I don’t care, this is an order. I am your father and the king of the kingdom you have to listen to me if you don’t want to be punished.” The king said with a toneless voice which make it seems that he is not angered at all but everyone in the chamber are scared out of their wits, because when the king speaks in that tone he meant business.

Shixun furrowed his eyebrows open up this mouth but before he can voice out what he wants to say, his brother Yifan spoke while walking into the chamber, “Father, don’t get angry Shixun is just shy when meeting new people, if you really want him to go to the school I can accompany him. The both of us can enter the school together. But in a few conditions, please don’t tell anyone there that we are princes and only appoint us to one guard each we don’t want to get others attentions by having too many people following us.”

“Hmm, I can agree to your conditions but Yifan you are older than your brother, if you go study with him it mean that you will be learning the same things that you had learnt before, is it really okay for you?”

“Yes, it is father, I want Shixun to enjoy in school, I think he will be more comfortable with someone he knows around him and wouldn’t dislike school that much.” 

“Okay then, I will make arrangements for you both to start school next week. You guys are excused.”   

“Fan ge why did you agree to it without my consent!!” Shixun snapped right after they step out of their father’s chamber.

“Because I don’t want you to get punished by our father, it will be fun I promise as long as no one knows we are princes and it is better to have others around while studying those bored things.”

“Urgh…whatever.” Shixun said while stomping of back to his own chamber

Sigh. When will he know that not everyone has motive when approaching him?  Yifan thought to himself looking at the angry brother who just walked away.