Berklee's student?

Never their intention.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Long chapter ahead! <3

 

 

Jieun's POV

 

We went to our usual bubbletea store to celebrate our semester break. We talked about random things as well as our plans on semester break. We stayed in the store for 3 hours before we went for our home. I went home with Sammy driving us while the others walked home as their houses are nearby. When we arrived, instead of heading towards my house, I went to Sammy's house instead for dinner. It's a routine of hers to eat dinner with the Kim family before she go back home. 

The Kim family owns hotel all around the world. The company's headquarter is here in the US while their main hotel branch is in Seoul. Uncle sometimes fly back to Korea to check on the progress of the company. Aunty on the other hand is a housewife. She prefer being a housewife because her hobby is cooking and gardening. Not only that, she's very concious of her family's health so she plant her own organic vegetables at their backyard. Their backyard is full of flowers and vegetables.

The Kim are all very humble people. Uncle started his business from scratch and reached to where he is now. Even their house is not like those rich people's mansions, their house is just a simple triple story house. They have 3 maids that clean up their house and help aunty with her cooking.

Aunty is very close with omma. They have been best friends since high school and their friendship is still counting. She would sometimes call my mum to ask how's her work in Korea and that she misses her a lot. Whenever she's on phone with my mum, their conversation will last for hours. Aunty even considered moving to Korea alone just to be with her best friend, although she was faced with a jealous husband who said "you love Jieun's mom more than me."

 

Once I'm done with my dinner, I bid them goodby and walk back to my home which is just beside the Kim's. I entered the house and walk straight into my room and place my bag onto my bed. I plopped onto my bed and pull my phone out from the pocket and video called my parents. `Omma` answered the call and they were all having their breakfast considering it's night time here and morning there in Korea. I told them about my exam earlier on and how I went for bubbletea with Dani and the boys as well as having dinner with uncle and aunty. Their face was serious all the time when they were listening to me talking and I have a bad feeling about them being so quiet. 

 

"Why are you guys so quiet?" I asked with a slight frown on my face.

"When are you coming back? We missed you a lot!" says my mum in a serious tone.

"After I finish my studies? I don't know yet, I never think about it." I said with a sigh.

"You always say after you finish your studies. And that's a long time for you to finish your studies. I can't wait anymore! You're coming back and that's final!" 

My mind went blank as I was trying to figure out what they meant by that.

"What do you mean by I'm going back? `Appa` I haven't finish my studies yet and my friends are all here! Where will I study if I go back?"

"We know a school that's as good as your current college so you're coming back! I already told your college's administrator about this so you better pack up and come back!" 

Appa said it with a serious face and I know he is no longer joking around. Whenever my father set his mind on something he won't stop to get what he want. Knowing that I can't argue back, a sigh escape my mouth before I answer them back.

"Fine, but I get to stay here a few more weeks to say goodbye to my friends before I go back."

Omma's face brighten immediately and a loud squeal was heard from my phone. Before omma can say something, my brother who was at the sofa listening to the whole conversation suddenly popped out on the screen.

"Aww ugly sister you're finally coming back? Did you miss me that much for you to come back specially for me?" 

"Oh yes chicken nugget, I am finally coming home to fry your chicken to pieces of delicious nuggets. I can't wait to go home" I say with slight sarcastic tone and saw him fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter