Goodbye US

Never their intention.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator's POV

Jieun meet up with her friends at their usual bubbletea store the next day. She fiddled her fingers as she tries to gather her courage to break the news to her friends. She look at her friends who's talking with each other before she clears to get their attention. They turned their head to her and blinks at her. She took a deep breath and blurt out the words she's been practicing to say.

 

"I'm moving back to Korea!"

Everyone was not saying a word and she's getting anxious about their reaction. Thankfully Jeff was the first one to talk.

"Eii, y-you're kidding us right?" he asked as he stutter slightly on his words.

"I'm not kidding! My parents are telling me to go home. They already told the school about transfering me back to Korea." Jieun answered back, a tinge of sadness can be heard from her tone.

"That's so sudden! We even planned on going to NYC together this semester break." said Dylan.

"I know and I'm so sorry. I can't do anythign about it, if I disobey them they will drop me from college themselves! I'm really sorry guys. I wanted to stay and finish my studies here with you all but I can't do anything about it!"

"When are you going back?" asked Leo.

"In 2 weeks time. Mom and dad already brought the ticket to Korea." 

 

Dani and Sammy was the quietest and their face was blank the whole time. They were shocked and can't really process the information into their brain. Jieun looked at them nervously since they haven't move a single bit since she dropped the news. 

"Are you both upset?" asked Jieun to Dani and Sammy.

"That soon? 2 weeks time?" asked Dani.

Jieun nodded her head, answering Dani's question.

Sammy despite how sad the news is, tried his best to smile at Jieun.

"It's not like we won't see you ever again. It's just Korea! We can go visit you sometimes! We can still contact each other every day as usual!" said Sammy, forcing a smile on his face at Jieun.

"Dani and I will help you with packing your things up and if we finished early with the packing, we can hang out at your place until the day you fly to Korea!" said Sammy while Leo nodded his head at Sammy's suggestion.

"Dylan and I will help you too." Jeff said.

Jieun gave all of them a grateful smile as she thanked them, "Thank you guys."

 

They spend more than a week to pack Jieun's things that are to be shipped to Korea. After the packing are done, tons of bubbleteas, movie night and laughness are involved.

 

Departure Day

 

Sammy's POV

When Ji dropped the news of her departure, I was devastated. Ji has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter