Final exam for sophmore year.

Never their intention.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator's POV

A petite frame lady with bob haircut, holding a bunch of books on her hand was seen walking into the college. Sounds from various musical instrument was heard in the hallway as students were trying their best to complete their practice before the final examination of Sophmore year. Nervousness was seen in the eyes of those students except for the bob haircut lady. 

Jieun has always been confident in her exams. Not only she's excellent in writing music, she's excellent in performing as well. Her main weapon to survive in this harsh world of the music industry is her voice. Her voice when she sing can raise goosebumps. People adore her voice, heck, they LOVE her voice. Students in her college have been asking her to sing for their recitals since the day she auditioned for her dream college, Berklee College of Music. Famous artists such as Meghan Trainor, Leehom Wang, Rihanna and even PSY graduated from the said college itself. Jieun's dream is to perform on her own concert one day with her friends.

Jieun's eyes were looking around the crowd of student, trying her best to search for the familiar long hair. Once she spotted the lady, she called for her name loud enough for that lady to hear.

 

"Daning!" screamed Jieun.

Dani turned her head when she heard her nickname being called and a grin was visible on her face when she saw the person who called her.

"Ji!" Dani exclaim excitedly.

They gave each other a hug before they start walking towards their locker.

"Are you nervous for the exam?" asked Dani.

"Not really. Not to boast but I know I'm going to do well." Jieun replied with a smile on her face as they walk towards the locker to put their things. "How about you Daning? Are you nervous?" asked Jieun.

"Not really too. Not to boast but I know I'm going to do well too." Dani replied and gave Jieun a wink.

Jieun laughed lightly when Dani copied her exact words.

"Where's Woosung them? They have the same exam time as us right?" Jieun asked while opening her locker to place her book inside.

"Ah~ They're at the club room. They're practising one last time before the exam. You know how they are, always stick together in club room practicing songs non stop." Replied Dani as she shut her locker tight before she turn to face Jieun. "Are you ready?" she asked Jieun with a grin on her face.

"Oh yes." Jieun said, copying her best friend's grin before they walk towards the auditorium.

 

Once they arrived, both of them took a seat on the seats that are specialise for students who are sitting for the exam. A few students were already seated, holding onto their music sheet while chatting with their group members. Although its an exam, outsiders are seen in the auditorium. It's a final exam for sophmore year students but it's a performance for other year students and outsiders.

Both of them were talking when they suddenly heard both of their names being called. Jieun and Dani turned their heads towards the area of the voice that called for them and they flash a grin at the 4 familiar faces. Dani was the first to greet them before she stood up and walk towards her boyfriend. Jieun on the other hand grinned while waving her hand at them as they approach her. 

 

"Hey babies, are you guys ready?" asked Jieun.

It's a habit of hers to call her close friends babies and give them cute nicknames.

"Yes, we are all ready!" Sammy said confidently and took a seat beside Jieun before giving her a high five.

Jieun gave Dylan and Jeff high fives as well when they went to their seat before facing Sammy.

"Looking hipster today honey~ Are you trying to impress all these single ladies in this room?" Jieun asked playfully. Jieun known Sammy since they were born. They were neighbors and when Jieun's parents moved to Korea along with Jae, it was Sammy and Dani's family that take care of Jieun and frequently ask her to stop by the house for dinner. All the year of spending her time with Sammy, there's one thing that she learned about what Sammy love the most, attention. He loves attention, especially from his fangirls. But he prefer attention from his band members as well as Jieun and Dani because he loves them.

"You know me, I'm always dressed to impress. Bet when we perform for the exam later majority of the girls in this room will scream my name." He replied playfully with a slight hint of sarcasm in them. "You'll scream my name too right princess? Right?" He asked Jieun playfully while doing `aegyo`.

"Of course I will honey, anything for my best friend~" Jieun caresses his chin like how a human would do to a puppy as she cooed back at him as if he's a baby.

The exam start soon and Sammy's band was the first that are sequenced to perform. Jieun and Dani wished them luck as the MC started calling their band name.

 

"Before we go through the list of performers, I will first announce the theme of today's performances. The theme for Berklee College of Music sophmore year examination is 'Heartbreak.' Without further ado, please clap for the first performer, The Rose. Course of examination, Band Management & Composition"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter