Cruel

Error || DISCONTINUED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's 7 AM and all the angels are in the classrooms of their first class. Even Ravi has returned to his actual self and sits next to me. He has won the fight with his inner demon and I'm glad. The first class of this morning is Latin. Rumors are saying that it's important for us to learn Lating, because a lot of books in the library are written in Latin. And if we want to honor the god Hades, we have to pray in Latin.

Hongbin sits in front of me, but his attention is more towards me.

''Lee Hongbin, please look this way! You know what the consequences are if you don't tell me what I'm demanding.'' mr. Kwon says and Hongbin turns around while he rolls with his eyes. Hongbin is a typical troublemaker and gets in trouble with teachers a lot, but he is a nice guy in general. Hongbin shares his room with Jaehwan ,better known as Ken, and Ken can talk 24/7. But even Ken is a nice guy.

''During Selection Day, you will be mated to another black angel and a sentence you all have to learn is ''Et erunt mihi se custodire ab hoc medium’’, or better said ''I will protect my other half from now on.'' By saying this, you will promise each other to always be there for each other and you always will support each other.'' mr. Kwon says and I write everything in a notebook. Especially when this is expected from me, because I otherwise can say goodbye to my mate.

They expect a lot of us and if we don't prepare ourselves well, we otherwise can choose our mate next year. I look up when a pair of arms claim my left arm and I sense that Ravi has claimed my arm. Ever since Ravi and I are best friends, we swore to each other that we will mate at Selection Day. Ravi is someone I want to take the next step, but nothing has to go wrong. Too bad that Selection Day is too far away, so I'm living between hope and fear.

''Just wait Ravi and then you're mine.'' I whisper and Ravi smiles. O dear, I can't focus if Ravi keeps flirting like this. Greek is up next, but I won't keep my focus to it if Ravi behaves like this. And this is pretty important when Selection Day is here.

~*~

The bell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter