You (pt I)

The starry night

Pairing: Sekai / Kaihun 

Genre: fluff / romance 


"How long have you been standing there?" Asked Sehun as he turned around after grabbing a carton of milk in the fridge together with a glass in his hand; to look at Jongin with a glare before he seated himself on the kitchen counter then chugged a glass of the milk. Ignoring Jongin who was then wearing a smirk. It was four in the morning when he decided to shut his laptop down, despising facts that he only had just another thirty hours to finish his final report before submission and due to that he almost ripped his air off for the stress was building up that he opted to call it a day. But seeing how Jongin was standing there in the kitchen did not help for his already overloaded stress to decrease because he knew how he loathed his existence to death.

"Longer than you could possibly expect, princess." A chuckle slipped past Jongin's lips which Sehun clenched his jaw tight, eyes once again glaring at the tanned guy. Marrying to the guy had always been a nightmare he'd never wished to ever encounter in his sleep. But knowing how in love his parents were when they first met Jongin crushed his every hope to marry his prince charming, Park Chanyeol. Knowing Jongin was unexpected, marrying Kim Jongin was unexpected and trapped in this arranged marriage with his thirty year old Professor was beyond that to be frankly stated. He had no idea, at first, that a Kim Jongin was one of the sons to his father's best friend which he ended up being matched with the one he hated the most.

"Stop calling me 'princess'." Sehun warned, hoping it would at least scare Jongin but it turned out so wrongly when he, out of the blue, pouted while putting down the glass and the carton of milk aside to which Jongin snickered at his adorable behavior. "And stop with that, too. You're sickeningly annoying." Groaning, Sehun got down the kitchen counter, opted to go back to his room before his boiling point reach its limit at having Jongin around. He lazily dragged his legs out of the kitchen, rolling his eyes at Jongin who was still grinning along the way and proceeded to the stairs.

"By the way, princess,"

He only managed to take on the first hop onto the staircase but his so-called husband was once again making him extremely annoyed with the nickname given. Cursing under his breath, he turned around to look at Jongin who, this time, putting on a serious face. With a straight face, he asked. "What?"

"Your prom night is just around the corner and I decided to be your Prince Charming that night. How do you say?" With an innocent face, lips forming a pout and brows arched, Jongin blurted it out. If Sehun had read it right, it was obviously to ruin his good time during the prom night with Chanyeol and now he wanted nothing than to kill his two months old husband. 

"You can't do that!" Sehun shrieked and Jongin cringed then pretended as if it had hurt his ears by rubbing at it with his palm only to cause the younger stomping his feet on the staircase; loathing the fact that Jongin was there to ruin his possible date with his prince charming. "You've promised me to stay the away from my personal matters, now why did you decide to be my partner on that night out of the blue? I don't want it! I don't want you to be there!"

"Ouch," Jongin faked a pout; pretending to look hurt but then slowly, he took steps towards where the younger was standing with a wicked smile. "When it comes to my baby husband's matters, it's as well my concern to make sure everything goes perfectly smooth for my little princess." Jongin emphasized only to let Sehun know that he was no longer a high school boy who could easily loaf around with Chanyeol since he was married to none other than Kim Jongin and he wanted the-now-Kim-Sehun to realize that he owned a husband.

"But-," 

"Nope." Sehun's words were cut off by Jongin who was now standing closely in front of him—shaking his head no. "It's for the best, Sehun. I don't want anyone to actually lodge a report to a police officer which is your father, about you dating another guy since that'll ruin his reputation as well as upsetting your lovely mother. We're here not to play a game, sweetheart. We're here to make their dreams work." 

"Maybe you should tell that to yourself because I'd never wanted this, you're the only one agreeing and I wasn't given a chance to oppose to the idea of this marriage, Jongin." With that, Sehun left Jongin with a heavy sigh, storming off to the guest room upstairs. Even if the younger did not really spare him a glance as he spoke, he managed to catch a glimpse of tears that trickled down Sehun's face as he left him alone standing on the staircase. 

"I agreed because I need you, Sehun." These were the words he could never have it spoken. It was not that he was afraid of a rejection but it was because he knew Sehun was not ready to accept him as his husband.