A Spellman's Love Story (pt I)

The starry night

 

    

 

Pairing: Kaihun | Chanhun | KaiBaek

Genre: Fantasy | Romance


"I won't be signing my name in that Book of the Beast," Sehun spoke and made himself sit next to his cousin, Ambrose on the couch which the caramel skinned guy rolled his eyes at the statement. "I'm half-wizard and I deserve to live my life as a mortal at the Baxter High while learning all the dark arts on my will, whenever I want." 

"There isn't such thing, Sehun." Ambrose sighed but scoffed as he heard the younger boy groaned in exasperation. "The only choice you have is to be baptized and the dark Lord compels you to attend the School of Unseen Arts even if you're half-wizard as you claimed." 

"I am half-wizard, Ambrose which I have the right to choose the life I wanted and-," 

"But, Sehun..." Ambrose cut him off, emphasizing his word then turned to look at his cousin who was then crossing his arms over his chest whilst waiting for Ambrose to continue with a sour face. "Just look at me, do you think I wanted this? Trapped in this house, at this Spellman's mortuary without going anywhere? Even meeting Lucas is hard for me." 

"Wait," Sehun frowned at the name spoken and Ambrose threw him a quizzical look. "Who's Lucas?" 

"T-The guy I met during Connor's funeral, wait. Haven't I told you?" Ambrose looked away, embarrassed by the way his cousin was judging him. He knew he was a panual but this was something new since he hadn't dated anyone for such a long time. "I-I guess-," 

"You guess, Ambrose. I assume he's someone new, and you forgot to tell me." Sehun deadpanned but within seconds, his expression changed. Mischievously grinning at his cousin whilst wiggling his brows in an attempt to dig some secrets which Ambrose had been hiding from him. "Now tell me what he looks like." 

"Oh c'mon, Hun. This isn't supposed to be something we need to discuss, now. Just please," Ambrose was annoyed by how Sehun had put interest into digging more of his so-called love story. He had yet to date Lucas but here was Sehun, all excited to listen to everything. It was annoying. "He's hot, is all I could tell you." 

"How hot is hot?" Sehun kept annoying Ambrose which the other flicked his forehead before he stormed off the room that caused him to yelp in pain. "! I swear Ambrose, I'm gonna steal that Lucas from you if you're to keep things away from me!" 

"You wish!"

 

 

"It's Father Blackwood's," Kai Cadwell let his fingers skim through the page of a book that he believed belonged to the High Priest, Faustus Blackwood. "I wonder why he left the first few pages blank." 

"Must be a secret he wanted to veil from all of us," Another Cadwell's murmured, sitting on an  armrest as he eyed the book his younger brother was holding. "By the way, Sehun Spellman's soon to be baptized. I heard he refused to do it because he was better off with the mortals." 

Listening to the name, Kai scoffed and flipped close the book before putting it back on the shelf only to walk towards Chen with a smirk on his lips. "That half-wizard I believe is the most insane. No wonder he dated a mortal." 

"But you know Zelda wants him in here because what the with living as a mortal when he has a choice to be so powerful like his father?" Chen seemed to have a reason which Kai shrugged but he was interested to listen to the rest of the rumor that he assumed all truth because Sehun Spellman loved to cause a scene and made himself as the hot topic to be discussed at the School of Unseen Arts. "Zelda must be fuming to have a nephew like him." 

"He is just stupid. Luckily he has a beautiful face, or else people would not even look at someone as ugly and dumb as he is." Kai chuckled then walked to the door but before he left the other completely alone in the room, he turned around with a frown on his face. "Who's his boyfriend's name, again?" 

"Park Chanyeol, that mortal boy."

With a smirk, Kai Cadwell left the room with a sealed promise; sauntering along the hallway with a song hummed only for himself to listen. 

 

 

"I heard you didn't want the dark baptism to happen?"

Sehun jolted in surprise at the deep voice, out of the blue appeared a tanned guy with blond hair at his bedroom doorway which he wished so hard not to see in these few days before his baptism happened. "Oh, Cadwell's! Rumors surely are quick to spread, and you're here just for that? At this witching hour?" In all honesty, he hated to see Kai or any of the Cadwell's because it sickened him to listen to every mock and poisonous words spilled from their mouths. He had never liked Cadwell's brothers and never imagined of getting along with them, not here, not anywhere, never. They were toxic to his life and he needed not even a bit of them in his life. 

"I believe you have a solid reason, then." Kai ignored Sehun's question and stepped in the other's bedroom with a mischievous smile dancing on his lips. "Afraid of leaving that mortal boyfriend of yours?" Instead of getting closer to Spellman's, Kai stood near the window. His eyes were gazing out, staring at the dark sky above that had not even a glimpse of stars in it. 

Sehun then chuckled at the question before he made himself sit up straight on the bed, head turning to Kai who stood near the window in his left. "You care about my life better than my aunts. I didn't know you can be this lovely, Kai Cadwell."

"Oh, Spellman..." Kai shook his head no along with a fake sigh, turning to look at Sehun who was now throwing daggers at the tanned guy with his stare. "You don't know me well enough, do you?"