You (pt II)

The starry night

Pairing: Sekai / Kaihun 

Genre: Fluff / romance 


"You should not say that to your husband," Baekhyun sighed and set a cup of black coffee on the table in front of Sehun for the other to take. Sehun went straight to Baekhyun's place after classes, intended to sleep over at his best friend's because he did not want to see Jongin but it seemed like things had turned the other way around when the petite boy started to nag and giving him advices. It should not be like this, he thought and pouted before he took a sip of the black coffee.

"I didn't mean it, Baek. I just-," 

"You just what? Wanted him to know how much you dislike him? Sehun..." Baekhyun groaned and took a seat at the dining table across from Sehun with a frustrated face. "I know. I know he is eleven years older than you, I know you wanted Chanyeol not him, I know how much you hate this marriage but come on. Can't you see that he is actually putting up efforts to be someone you want, to be the right one for you? Or is it just me?" The petite boy rolled his eyes in exasperation before he added, "If you don't want him, can I have him?"

"What the ? No!" Sehun protested, throwing daggers with his stare at his best friend who was then laughing at his response. He knew it was just a joke but he had no idea why he was sensitive about the joke out of the blue. Baekhyun would never take Jongin away from him, that's the fact but he was hurt by just imagining Jongin walking away from him. "Y-You can't, just stop laughing for God's sake Byun Baekhyun!" 

"Alright, alright," Baekhyun suppressed his laugh then brought up his hand to wipe the tears from the corner of his eyes from so much laughing. "You should see your face, it's funny how you reacted to that. By the way, you're supposed to go home now. It's nearly eleven." 

"I know."

 

                                                                                                                                     ♦ 

 

It was half passed eleven when he found himself standing at the front yard of their house with eyes staring into the distance as the cab he'd taken a ride minutes before faded into the night. With a heavy sigh, he dragged his legs; lazily walked towards the main door together with a hope that Jongin had fallen asleep and not waiting for him to be home. He supposedly got home before eight in the evening but he was afraid of facing Jongin after what he'd said early this morning. 

"It's nearly twelve, princess. Shouldn't you be home before eight?"

He heard Jongin voiced once the door was pushed close. His eyes fell shut at the words, right hand was still holding the door knob and he had the guilt building inside him because he'd promised his mother to get home before eight every day after classes. It was not Jongin who had set up the rules, he made it himself for his mother to give him better freedom even after marriage knowing how reckless of a teenager he was. 

"I-I was at Baekhyun's for a group project." He lied, meanwhile hoping for Jongin would not catch him off guard at his hesitation. "I thought I could make it before eight." Slowly, he turned around to face Jongin who was sitting crossed legs on the couch at the living hall meters away from him. The older's face was expressionless and he had no idea either his husband was mad, sad or disappointed with him. He could not read it, let alone when Jongin eyed him from top to bottom—seemingly throwing a judging look. Sehun suddenly felt so small under the latter's gaze and slowly he kicked off his shoes before he moved towards where Jongin was sitting. "Jongin, I-," 

"Dad called me this evening, telling me that we're going to have a family gathering on Saturday night. So I guess we just can't make it to your prom night, then." Jongin cut him off. This time, there was no slightest hints of mock in his voice. Sehun found it intimidating because Jongin had never once been this serious with him. He thought the latter would probably just kidding but when he looked into Jongin's eyes, who was then standing in front of him, he tried to search for the mischievous look the tanned guy always had but he found none that he bit the inner of his cheeks; feeling dejected out of the blue. "Tell me if you have any other plans, so I can make sure that they don't wait for us." 

Sehun wanted to apologize but seeing Jongin this stern so suddenly made all the words in his throat die and he hung his head low before he nodded, eyes staring at his hands which were playing with the hem of his blue sweatshirt. "A-Are you mad, Jongin?" He shut his eyes tight at the question he did not even know why he blurted it out. It should not be a question thrown to Jongin, he supposedly apologized to him. 

"Why would I be mad, hm?" 

There was a heave of sigh as Jongin said that which Sehun slowly opened his eyes only to bring he gaze up to look at his husband who gazed down at him with a brow arched; throwing him a questioning look. "You're not angry?" 

"I'm not." Just a moment ago he was looking all intimidating but Sehun just could not believe his eyes now when Jongin had his lips carved with a thin smile and the stern look his eyes had held seconds ago faded away to which he frowned in confusion causing Jongin to giggle. "What's with that face, baby husband? Afraid I'd get mad?"

With that, Sehun pouted whilst putting on an innocent face when Jongin just chuckled at his adorable behavior. Sure, he disliked him but Jongin's voice was suddenly all melodious tonight he did not want him to stop chuckling. The deep velvety voice, it could be music to lull him to sleep. He did not know Jongin's voice could sound this beautiful which he had to pull his lower lip in between his teeth; suppressing a smile. "I hate you." 

"And I love you, too." Then Jongin winked, resulting Sehun's heart to wildly thump under his chest; beating in a frantic tempo which he  had to punch Jongin's chest slightly harder to stop the red from painting his face. The tanned guy yelped in pain but he still had a wide grin on his face that Sehun rolled his eyes in exasperation. It might be embarrassing if Jongin were to catch up the sight of him blushing by just a wink, that he had to do that.