A Spellman's Love Story (pt II)

The starry night

 

 


"You're coming to the Halloween party tonight, right babe?" Chanyeol asked, as he sat next to his lover at the library but he frowned when Sehun seemed hesitated about it. "Why? You have another plan with your aunts?"

"Um, I- no, I don't have any other plans with my family but... I don't think I can promise on that, Chanyeol. I'm sorry." Sehun wanted so badly to tell his boyfriend that he was going to be baptized and still contemplated about it. It had been haunting him days and nights until he wasn't sure of it anymore. "What about Kyungsoo and Krystal, are they coming?"

"Yeah, and they're hoping for you to be there, too though." Chanyeol put on a thin smile. Even if there was a slight frustration inside him, he still put the best on show. Trying harder not to make Sehun feel bad. "But I guess it's gonna be... okay? It's not like you're leaving us the day after. We can still have fun this weekend."

And that drove Sehun speechless. He only stared at Chanyeol with guilt building inside him. Of everything he wanted to say aloud to his boyfriend, he could only let it die, unspoken. Sooner or later, he knew he would have to tell Chanyeol the truth about him being born as a half-wizard, that Spellman was a family consisted of wizards and witches and his father was the High Priest at the Church of Night before he died. 

"Chanyeol... you'll walk me home today, right?" Taking one of Chanyeol's hands into his, Sehun leaned in to peck a kiss on the other's lips which Chanyeol smiled but there was confusion written on his face as the younger stared at it. "What...? What's with that face? Do you have-,"

"It's- no. It's nothing, I'll walk you home. Since I don't really have anything to do after this." 

 

 

 

They walked together, into the woods of Greendale, hand in hand heading to the Spellman's mortuary where Sehun lived together with two of his aunts and Ambrose, his only cousin. They didn't say anything at first, only by dragging their legs slow, interlacing fingers were enough to explain how much they did not want this day to end. Meanwhile Sehun on the other hand was still contemplating over the truth he should tell Chanyeol before it's too late. Maybe it was time he stopped procrastinating things. 

"Chanyeol, do you believe about witchcraft and wizardry?" Sehun broke the silence and Chanyeol turned to look at him with brow arched. "I mean, if I were to be a wizard-,"

"What... if you were to be a wizard?" Chanyeol cut him off and chuckled. Perhaps, to Chanyeol it did not sound serious enough but Sehun was already sweating. He could feel the sweat began to ooze out from the pores of his skin and the nervousness was slowly killing him. "Why is it? Do you know someone amongst us who's a wizard?" 

"It's me." Sehun admitted. Despite his anxious, he blurted it out without a second thought. Their steps then halted and Sehun had to look away; afraid he might catch something he did not want to see written on his boyfriend's face.

"What?" Asked Chanyeol, flabbergasted by the way Sehun blurted it out that he only stared at the other with a frown. "Sehun, what are you saying? I don't believe all this because there isn't a wizard in Greendale. Those were only stories that died long ago. There's no more witch or wizard in Greendale."

"But what if I'm telling the truth, Chan? Would you still be with me? Would you-,"

"Hey, hey..." Maybe, just maybe Chanyeol would leave him but the way he reacted was actually telling Sehun the otherwise. He thought the older guy would push him away the second he said it but instead of running away, Chanyeol pulled him closer until their noses brushed and his hands on Sehun's waist, while his thumbs drawing soothing circle on it. "Even if it's the truth or you're just telling me the world's dumbest joke, I will always be here for you. I will never ever leave you, not even death can tear us apart ." 

"You promise?" There were tears pooling in his eyes as he spoke, voice cracked and Sehun stared into the depth of Chanyeol's eyes with hopes that he would not leave him, that the baptism would not happen tonight, that he would be able to choose what he'd wanted, that life would not tear them apart.

"I promise. Nothing would, and nothing will break my promise. You and I, we'll be together, forever."  And Chanyeol closed the gaps, pressing his lips against Sehun's and the younger languidly s his arms around Chanyeol's neck, pulling him closer to kiss the taller guy deeper. "But I truly hope it's just a joke. You freaked the out of me."

With that, Sehun laughed. Breaking their kiss. 

 

 

 

"You look delighted." There, once again, came a voice behind him and Sehun swore to the high heaven that today was the most annoying day in his life. He was still not enough with the anxious about telling his boyfriend of him being a wizard, then appeared another nightmare which was Kai Cadwell whom he hated so much to see. "Even with your back facing me, Spellman."

"Can you... for once, mind your own business, Kai Cadwell?" There was an exasperation laced in his voice as he groaned out the name before he his heels with a straight face; to face the other who was wearing none other than his signature smirk that Sehun Spellman loathed so much to look at. "Stop visiting me. You're uninvited. And you're not here, are you? Astral projecting?"

"Astral projecting," Kai nodded, agreed. "I just can't wait for you tonight. I wanna see how your trembling hand signing your name in the Book of the Beast, forced by the Dark Lord to completely follow the rules of being a wizard."

"I'm not like you." Sehun scoffed. "All you want is to be the best in the eye of the Dark Lord, ready to give your everything to whatever you've believed could save you from anything and be the most devoted of all."

"In life, everyone has ambitions, Sehun. Everyone has goals to achieve and mine is to be the most powerful. Who knows one day I can replace Father Blackwood in the Church of Night? Just like your father did before he died." Every word to Sehun, was spiteful and he hated how Kai said it low but clear enough to slice every inch of his skin. 

"My father was and is still incomparable." Sehun was already clenching his fists, speaking with gritted teeth as he eyed the other who was walking towards him ever so slowly but managed to burn every cell in his system. He hated how Kai able to make him fume up at mentioning about his father. "Everyone has goals, sure. But mine is to live my life as a normal teenage boy in school, while inheriting everything my father had left for me to learn."

"And your father needed you to sign your name in that book, Sehun."