A Spellman's Love Story (pt III)

The starry night

"In exchange for this belief, you shall be granted powers that will enable you to be of service to the Dark Lord. Sehun Spellman, are you willing to forsake the Path of Light and follow the Path of Night wherever it may lead you?

Perhaps, even at this very moment, under the dark sky while the blood moon was still shining, the wind whooshed through the leaves in the woods; Sehun Spellman was still contemplating over what to decide when he was a step away from signing his name in the Book of the Beast. It was freezingly cold tonight, right from the tip of his fingers, deep to the inside of his bones and Sehun knew not of the reason. Was it because of the weather that turned extremely chilly or was it because he was so close to cut every engagement with the mortal lives that he never thought of leaving? He was there, kneeling on the ground with eyes staring directly into Father Blackwood's who was towering him; gazing down at him, and his mind fogged with the images of his loved ones and the only thing he let out was hesitation. The eyes that were quavering shown nothing but only uncertainty. 

"I am." He whispered nonetheless. Tears in his eyes. 

"And are you willing to place Dark Lord above all others in your life, be it your loved ones, your family, your friends, your neighbors?" Asked Father Blackwood, again. This time demanded for the final answer from Sehun, for him to complete the baptism and sign for his name in the book.

Sehun looked around, looking at the witches, the warlocks, two of his  aunts and the High Priest, that were all around him, thinking. He began to mull over every possibility that would happen if he were to choose this way. His feelings for Chanyeol were something he could not just ignore, and just by thinking of it could already make a tear slip, fell from his already red eyes. "I... am." As the answer spilled, he shut his eyes tight. It was the end of everything. 

"Then it's time to sign the book." Father Blackwood extended his hand for Sehun to take, to pull him off the ground, to walk him to the place where the book was laid open, whence written names of witches and warlocks that'd devoted their lives for the sake of the Dark Lord.

Sehun took his hand, although he swithered as to whether he should run or surrender for himself to be completely under the rules of Dark Lord; in spite of that, it seemed to be the only choice he had then. He was dragged to where his fears grew until there seemed to be no room for the air to enter his body. He felt completely paralyzed as he stood there, staring down at the names written on the pages of the book and every name was signed with blood. That was the moment when his left palm was cut, which Father blackwood had drawn a line by using a dagger and it bled. 

Sehun choked a sob as the High Priest guided him, dropping two drops of his blood onto the book, right where he should seal a promise of no return to the mortal world. His right hand was then holding a fountain pen and the tip was already dipped into the drops of blood. He stared in fear, lips trembling and tears were flowing without stopping. He did not want this. He was no evil. 

"In signing this book, you swear to obey without question, any order you may receive from the Dark Lord or from any figure he has placed in authority over you." 

Sehun then shook his head no. "That's not what you said before-," 

"In signing this book," Father Blackwood cut him off, giving him no chance to go for the second thought. "You swear to give your mind, body and soul unreservedly to the furtherance of the designs of the Lord Satan."

"You said I'd have free will." Then Sehun pulled his hand away, stepping back from where he stood and shook his head no to whatever that might have happened if he was not to run away from there. He could hear the growl of the beast, of when he had his hand gripping at the fountain pen and the image of a beast with horns that flashed at the back of his mind frightened him. "I can't do this." 

"You must." 

"Run." Sehun heard the voice in his head which he, without hesitation, began to run for his life. Although with all the mess that flooding him mind, all he could think of was to escape from there. He needed not to be told twice and he was sure of which way he should take to go home. 

He did not know how fast his legs were taking him home until he realized he was already screaming for his cousin's name, Ambrose, crying for help and the other was then seen running out from the main door of the house, eyes staring back at him in shock. "Sehun!" 

"Cous, you won't believe what happened." He was already bending, hands on his knees, panting as he slowly caught his breath as he spoke to him. "It's-,"

"I think I can guess, Cous. Behind you..." Ambrose breathed, while doing the gesture for Sehun to turn around to look at the mess that was coming after him. The crowds of witches and warlocks were meters away from him and they were there only to get Sehun to go back to where he should seal the deal.

"While the blood moon was still shining, you must sign this away, Sehun Spell-,"

"I will not!" Sehun objected, this time, he had the answer to his choice. "There is always another path for me! Just as they were for my father and mother. A third way. And even if there isn't, my name is Sehun Spellman and I will not sign it away!"  

Faustus Blackwood could never take it as a better deal which he closed the Book of the Beast he was holding with a loud thud that caused others to jolt in surprise and he moved forward, calling others to do whatever they needed which to not let Sehun away from all this. 

"A-A circle of protection rings this house! And no witch save a Spellman may cross it. Any unwelcome witch that tries shall burn! So please, go ahead!"

It was lucky for Sehun, if he may say so, to have Ambrose in this. If he was not there, Sehun would have had his body chopped into pieces by Father Blackwood. Maybe he should thank him later for saving him as he saw them halted their steps, taking it back slowly even their eyes still burned in anger. He breathed, at last, the breath he did not know how long he'd been holding; heaving a sigh of relief. 

He gulped, nervous when Zelda and Hilda walked past him, one was fuming in anger and the other was smiling for a reason he knew not behind it. But he could catch it stretched in pride. He was uncertain why one of his aunts, that would always have a soft spot on him which was Hilda, did that. Probably she was proud for he was finally able to man up for his own choice. A part of himself, Sehun wanted so much to put on a proud smile but that could probably set his eldest aunt in fire. With a suppressed smile, Sehun Spellman turned around to look at his cousin before he frowned in confusion.

"When did you put circle-,"

"That, you should thank me later," Ambrose said while faking to dust off his shirt and smirked. "I did not."

"The ?! Ambrose you could've killed me! What if-,"

"You're alive, see? You owe me one, Cous."