Weekend Special

☆゚. * Summer's Secret Garden * ・ 。゚

♪ Weekend Special (1) 

      

These are the songs that Sehun was playing in his car. Feel free to ask if you want to know their names!

---

Irene rolled out of her bed and landed on her cushioned floor with a thud. She groaned, face down and unmoving. Then raised her hand to grab the vibrating phone that woke her up. Her eyes flew open in a brief half-second.

“Sehun- sunbae?”

A surprised silence on the other end. Then a nasal hum.

“I expected you to be long awake.”

“Well…” Irene croaked, shakily rising to get some much needed water for her parched throat. “I happened to watch a drama quite late into the night, so…”

“Which one?”

“Goblin. Say,” she plopped back onto her bed, “what can I do for you? I’m sleepy.”

“I was…” A grunt, as if he was shoved. Irene suspected more than one person present on the other side of the line. “We were wondering if you would join us for lunch.”

“We?”

Another scuffle on the other side, and Irene listened with interest.

“Me and… Chanyeol.” he added the other name grudgingly.

Irene considered her choices: a safe one would be to stay put and continue watching Goblin, which honestly sounded like a solid weekend plan for her, but her mom would definitely make her go out somehow: perhaps on another horrifyingly tiring shopping trip. She groaned a little at that thought. Lunch sounded like a risky idea, but could turn out well. Maybe she’ll meet get to meet some new people. I mean, what could go wrong? She rolled her eyes. Everything, she answered for herself.

“Who else is going to be at the lunch?”

“I’ll be there, it’ll be fine.”

She frowned a little. He seems to enjoy talking in riddles.

“Your address.”

Irene considered telling him she can go by metro, then decided against it. She could almost see his scowl. “Okay, it's…”

---

Yeol
12:04
I'm so glad you're coming!

Irene
12:05

Yeah~ Sehun's picking me up. See you soon!

Yeol
12:10 PM
Right.

Irene
12:10 PM
Yeol, what's the dress code?

Yeol
12:11 PM
Casual

Irene frowned a little at his curt response. Her recent texting sessions with Chanyeol always seemed to end in disaster, though she didn't exactly know what went wrong. She made a mental note to ask him about it later, and to be careful texting next time. Her worries were dispelled the moment she wandered off to her wardrobe. A whole new set of issues presented itself. Now, what in the world should I wear?

She finally settled with a blue and yellow sweater, paired with a pink skirt. Irene loves pastel colors. They gave her a chance to feel a little younger but not ridiculous- the horrors of a junior year college student, nearly bidding goodbye to her student career forever. She sighed and jumped back into her bed, trying to clear one more episode of Goblin before Sehun arrives.

---

Irene gaped at the car’s empty backseat as it pulled up. She expected someone, Chanyeol, Taehyung, someone, anyone but Sehun alone. Sehun motioned to the front seat, and she cautiously stepped in. She settled in then spaced out as she recognized the song that was playing, her hands absentmindedly resting on the seatbelt. Sehun’s large hand jerked her out from her daze. He reached for her seatbelt, but she quickly yanked it down before he could. “I can do it myself.”

Sehun leaned back. “You act like I’m out to get you,” he murmured.

“Well, we aren’t exactly on the friendliest of terms,” Irene muttered under her breath as she buckled her seatbelt.

“We aren’t?” he said, equally quietly. Irene shied away when she looked into his eyes, detecting a slight shadow of displeasure. Sehun raised his eyebrows at her reaction. “Let me reintroduce myself. I mean no harm, just want to get to know you better. I might’ve come off as arrogant before.”

Irene opened , “I didn’t-” A loud BEEEEEP cut her off, and they broke their intense eye-contact to turn to the car behind them. The driver gestured violently, face red. Sehun turned to look back at Irene as if the driver bored him. “You were saying?”

Irene widened her eyes incredulously, “I was saying- fine- now drive before he comes at you!”

He shrugged. “He can try if he dares to. I’m finishing my conversation with you.”

“Just drive…” Irene said weakly, looking away.

Sehun looked amused as he stepped on the accelerator. “So how’s that drama?”

“Goblin? It’s really good.” She paused, thinking she should probably put more effort into the conversation. It is, after all, around an hour-long ride. “Really, really good actually, better than I’d expected. Have you watched it?”

She tilted her head to wait for his response, squinting as her eyes traced his face. The warm sunlight melted his sharp-looking features: her eyes glided past his slightly narrowed eyes to his delicately angled nose, down to the smile he wore, so faint yet so insanely attractive. Her eyes came to a stop and rested on the bump on his throat. It hitched a little. Irene realized she was staring again and deliberately tore her gaze away.

He frowned a little. “No. Chanyeol watches it. He cried like a baby yesterday.”

She shrugged as she glanced out the window. “Me too. Maybe I should watch it with him someday.”

“Not with me?”

“I thought you said you hadn’t watched it.”

Irene was greeted with another faint smile. Sehun has been so uncharacteristically pleasant these past few days she almost forgot why she was intimidated by him.

“No. I don’t have time for that,” he said. “I prefer to not waste my time on such things.”

Ah, that’s what it is. He’s just… different. She still ventured a try. “It’s not a waste of time, really, if you enjoy it. So what do you do when you have spare time?”

“Look over my assignments to finish them early.”

“Because nothing is more important than work.”

“No. Nothing is,” he agreed.

Irene sighed a little. This is going nowhere… She tried again. “So, what’s your end goal? After all this time you devote into your job. Get a raise? Become a manager? A CEO?”

She watched as he genuinely pondered her question. “Not much. A department head, maybe someday a CEO. I just want a stable, well-paying job so I can provide a comfortable life to my future family without struggling. What more can a man ask for, really?”

Irene was surprised by how much thought he put into planning so far ahead. This was coming from a man who was only two or three years older than she is. “Do you have a girlfriend?” she blurted out.

He blinked. “Why, are you interested?”

“No… what? No. No. I was asking because you seemed to have life planned out for a family... I assumed you... maybe... at least have a long-term girlfriend, or a fiancée, or…” she trailed off when she noticed his eyes fixed on hers again. She saw the traffic light turn green out of the corner of her eyes and pointed, to no avail. A chorus of car horns sounded again behind them, but Sehun kept his eyes intensely glued on her.

“You’re quite captivating, Irene,” he said simply when he stared enough and focused on the road again. He made it through the traffic junction a mere seconds before the lights turned red, leaving the angry drivers behind him blasting their horns in anger.

Irene sighed shakily. “I can’t believe you’re the best driver out of you four- you’re the kind that my dad hates… he’d probably run his car into yours on purpose!”

“I better start concentrating then, got to make a good impression. Right?” he smirked, eyes glued to the road.

Irene froze, unable to decide if that was a poorly executed joke or something genuine. Her eyes lit up when once again she recognized the song that began playing. "Hey... that's... that's from Goblin's soundtrack..."

He turned to her. Ah, that smile again. She couldn't tell if the sour feeling in her nose came from the tear-jerking music that was playing quietly in the background or if she perhaps detected something close to sadness in his eyes. Caught off guard from the sudden exchange of genuine emotion, the pair fell silent. He focused on the road, to Irene's relief, so she rested her head against the window and stared outside, listening as the song shuffled to another one that she’d heard before. Sehun, the flower man who helped her pass through the safety check the first day. Sehun, the socially-awkward and aloof sunbae, who she made a stab at the day they were arranged to have lunch together. Sehun, the coworker who made her cry that other day. Sehun, the scarily logical and determined man. Sehun, the reckless driver who likes listening to emotional ballads. He’s so different. Yet her instincts told her that he wasn’t that far- he probably is closer to her than she thinks. Dangerous, she thought, as she her gaze met with his and she lost herself in his narrow eyes once again. The cold eyes that tell a million stories.

Hi guys! Back with a short weekend special for the Hunrene shippers :) I have a test next week so I'll be updating slower. This short chapter special is my gift to you! Sorry and hope you enjoy your day/ week! Lots of love~ (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

//\\