Chapter 3 - Selfless

An Explosion Of Feelings

As the ladies of Explosion sat down in their small living room, their manager began to praise them.

 

“Well done on a great first show appearance. Thanks to how well you did, you’ve been invited onto many more shows, we just have to fit them into our busy schedule with your music performances.”

 

Hearing this, they couldn’t stop the smiles that spread across their faces.

 

“We’ll do you proud, we promise, manager-nim.”

 

Chuckling, the older man sat across from the young girls and pulled what looked like scripts from his bag.

 

“Tomorrow, we’ll be meeting with some executives from a large cosmetics company. They would like Jiwoo and Chaeyoung to be in a new commercial.”

 

Shocked, the two girls looked at each other as Minyoung and Kika cheered in approval.

 

“Wah, our visuals will be noticed even more~”

 

Shoving Minyoung playfully, Chaeyoung turned her attention back to their manager.

 

“Will it be just us?”

 

Looking at their manager, Jiwoo was also curious if they would be by themselves.

 

Shaking his head, he lay the scripts on the table and the girls looked down with wide eyes.

 

There, in large bold writing were the names Lee Jiwoo, Kim Chaeyoung, Kim Seokjin and Jeon Jungkook.

 

“Are these names who I think they are…?” Kika snatched up the script and quickly scanned the pages.

 

Nodding his head, their manager seemed to become serious “Yes, those are in fact two members of the very successful boy group BTS. I know this may seem slightly intimidating, but it will be good for your careers in the future. We just need to be slightly cautious of their fans. If you do too much skinship, they could take it badly. So we’ll be meeting them a day in advance to discuss how we’ll make this situation have the best outcome.”

 

Still fairly shocked from the situation, Jiwoo remembered that Minyoung had a very big crush on Jungkook.

 

“Ah, manager-nim. Does it have to be the members listen on the script or can we maybe…change?”

 

As everyone turned their attention to her, their manager raised his brow in confusion.

 

“ARE YOU CRAZY? WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT TO BE AROUND THOSE BEAUTIFUL BOYS?” Kika yelled out indignantly.

 

Rolling her eyes at her best friend, Jiwoo motioned towards Minyoung who had been staring at the script in silence for most of the last few minutes.

 

“I mean, I think our Minyoungie deserves this opportunity to be a star. As the leader, I’m responsible for making sure my other members shine, even if that means making sacrifices.”

 

Sighing, but with a smile, their manager nodded “I don’t see why not? Aish, why did I have to get such a good leader on my team? You’re making it hard for me to let you show off.”

 

Grinning, Jiwoo threw her arm around Minyoung, who looked ready to cry with happiness “Don’t worry, if my girls shine, I shine also.”

 

Waving goodbye to their manager, the girls couldn’t stop bouncing around the dorm.

 

“Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I’m going to be in a commercial. My mom is going to be so proud.” Minyoung twirled and ran over to her leader, tackling her in a hug.

 

“Thank you, unnie. You’re the best leader ever. I won’t let you down.”

 

Ruffling her hair, Jiwoo returned the hug tightly “I know, Minnie, you’ll do great. You too, Chae~”

 

Chaeyoung flashed a crooked smile and sat down, reading the script over and over.

 

“Okay, maknaes to get some sleep. We’ve an early start tomorrow for Show Champion, so off you go.” Kika stretched and nudged the younger members towards their room.

 

Once they disappeared, she plopped down next to Jiwoo.

 

“So, self sabotage or selfless leader-ness?”

 

Snickering, Jiwoo lay her head on her best friend’s shoulder “You know how much Minyoung admires Jungkook. How could I not let her go?”

 

“Selfless leader-ness, confirmed. Ya, Jiwoo. As much as I love having you as our leader and how many opportunities you give us, I wish you would look out for yourself sometimes too.”

 

Taking in her words, Jiwoo shrugged “I don’t do it purposely, but you’re all my family. I automatically want the best for you all.”

 

Shaking her head, Kika opened up her phone and she and Jiwoo posed for a goodnight selfie with each girl pulling cute faces.

 

[Today was a good day~ Goodnight and rest well, our explosives. Please anticipate us more. Explosion, fighting!]

 

As Kika posted the photo to their group SNS, she stood up and dragged her leader with her.

 

“Hey, by the way, what you said earlier about Seungcheol oppa…” Jiwoo pretended to be casual, but Kika knew she was desperate to know what her friend had meant to say.

 

“Yah, could you be any more obvious?” laughing, Kika shoved Jiwoo towards her bed and crawled into her own.

 

Grumbling to herself, Jiwoo reluctantly got under the covers and lay her head down on the soft pillow.

 

“Really though, I don’t see why you don’t try to ask him to hang out, just you two. From what Mignhao tells me, he asks about you every time the three of us are together.”

 

Trying to hide a small blush, Jiwoo pulled the blanket up over her face.

 

“Shut up and go to sleep, KiKa.”

 

“Love you too, goodnight.”

 

Rolling over onto her side, Jiwoo glanced at her phone which read 1am.

 

I hope he’s sleeping well, the girl thought to herself before her eyes started to slowly close.