1/4

Suspicious Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is something I always wanted to write but somehow never did and now I finally did.

---

Eric felt a cough creeping up his throat and roar it’s way out of him, shaking his whole body up just to leave him aching. He groaned, grabbing the next tissue to blow his nose. He felt terrible.

It was early january and Eric had caught a cold after being out in the icy wind for a few hours the day before. All that just because he had changed his home password and forgotten it after work. He really was one of a kind…

So he had woken up with a giant headache, feeling dizzy, his whole body in pain and on top of that he couldn't stop coughing. In short: Eric felt as if he could die every moment and had called in as sick for work.

He had tried to convince his friends to come over and baby him but they couldn’t or didn’t want to - wonderful friends he had there - and they had told him to keep himself warm and drink alot of tea. Eric had partly followed their advice. He had wrapped himself up in three blankets and was resting, doing nothing because his head would be throbbing like hell whenever he tried to read or watch television.

He had skipped the tea part, he preferred coffee and didn’t even have tea at home. But as another horrible cough creeped it’s way out of his throat and left the man feeling sore and wounded, he remembered that he actually had tea at home. There was that one really small package of tea that Andy and Choongjae had gifted him for his last birthday - nearly a year ago - and he had never even touched.

Eric freed himself out of his blankets, immediately shivering at the chilly air. Groaning he climbed out of his bed, stumbling over into the kitchen, opening and rummaging through his cupboards on the search of the tea. It took him a while to find it since the package was unbelievably small. Eric knew nothing about tea but he doubted that it would be enough for more than one or two cups full of the hot drink.

Also the packaging was rather interesting, looking as if it was right out of some witches collection, the words „Tea Magic“ written on the front in cursive, elegant letters. On the back was not much more. „One drink will give you three wishes.“

Eric snorted, his friends really were some devils. Probably finding it fun that he didn’t really like tea and then not even giving him a good one. There wasn’t even a label where he could read which flavor it was supposed to be.

The sick man sighed and pulled a mug out of his cupboard, hoping tea couldn’t expire and he wouldn’t die from tea poisoning or something similiar. He preferred to die from his cold. And speaking of which - Eric nearly let his mug fall to the floor as a violent coughing fit made him shutter miserably.

He felt tears in his eyes, his body reacting to feeling so horrible and decided it was time he tried that weird tea, he didn’t have much to lose. So Eric filled his water boiler and let it start before flopping down on a chair exhaustedly.

He studied the package of tea a little closer, opening it just to find really smooth powder inside. He tried to smell it but his nose was hopelessly clogged so he sighed and tried to figure out how it would work. Was he supposed to put it in his mug and pour water on it as you did with instant icecoffee? Or should he put it into a filter like you normally did with tealeaves?

Eric was clueless and as the sound of boiling water filled the kitchen, roaring in his ears unpleasantly he just put all of the powder into his mug, deciding to give it a go. He didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter