Change

I shouldn't love you yet I do

"You freaking what?", Minsoo yelled into his phone due to excitement. He hadn't gotten a lot of sleep and had been annoyed that someone would wake him up, but with such wonderful news he couldn't be angry anymore. He was completely awake by now and ready to hear every single detail. Had his plans really worked out? Were happy ends still common these days?
"Stop yelling at me! It's not I did it on purpose.", Miyeon answered throughout panting due to her fast steps. She had to get home as fast as possible before anyone she knew from school would see her. This neighborhood was far from hers and people would ask her about her visit.
"Didn't you say you don't have feelings for him like 12 hours ago?", Minsoo while smiling brightly. He could only imagine how happy Wooshin was right now. It was probably like a dream came true.
Miyeon almost stopped in her tracks, but forced herself to continue as she saw the bus arriving at the stop a few meters away from her.
"I don't!", she scoffed at Minsoo and rolled her eyes even though he couldn't even see her while she was sitting down on a seat in the far back, "I can't control my actions in my sleep and also I wasn't just touching him, he was touching me too."
Minsoo couldn't help it but chuckle because of her. There definitely was something going on; there was change in her head and heart. He knew her well enough. He wouldn't call it love for Wooshin, not even crush, but there was some sort of interest that sparked up inside of her heart that went beyond friendship and only time and both Miyeon's and Wooshin's actions could tell what would happen between the two of them.
"Well you know what they say...", Minsoo teased while grabbing the remote to turn on his TV, "the subconscious shows and does what we really-"
"Shut up!", Miyeon mumbled into her phone in desperation. She knew he loved teasing her, but this was going past teasing. This was already suggesting that she might like Wooshin more than a friend. She didn't, really. She just wanted to get closer with him and be the one to crack his shell when nobody else could. Like a friend, you know?
"Anyways", Minsoo started as he able to breathe again after his laughter, "so Wooshin was protecting Wei because they were going to beat him up when he'd get home, but why wasn't Xiao with us then?"
Miyeon had already opened to answer his question, but then had to close her lips as she came to the realization that not one second had she cared about Xiao last night and had asked Wooshin about him. Xiao was the actual crush. How could she lose sight of him?
"Don't tell me you didn't ask...", Minsoo acted fake hurt to further and she looked right through him. That her best friend was actually really happy about it was something she didn't know though. He just didn't want to hurt her, but if she changed everything like that by herself he would be more than glad.
"It's not like I didn't ask, it's just that Wooshin isn't the most talkative person ever."
"Is that so?", Minsoo deadpanned and kept on grinning into his phone. On the other line Miyeon left the bus at her station and furrowed her eyebrows, "Yes that is so. I could barely get out of him where he got all these injuries from. This guy is actually a full time mystery and so hard to read...", Miyeon caught herself sighing at the end of her sentence. Did she really just want to get to know him more and better for the sake of being friends or did she have to confess something to herself? But her feelings for Xiao were still there, too!
"So you actually do want to read him.", Minsoo suggested as he got some pudding out of the fridge his mom had cooked last evening. Miyeon bit onto her lower lip, not sure how to answer that properly, especially not without Minsoo teasing her to oblivion.
"I don't know...kind of? He's just an interesting individual and I want to know the reasons on why he is always so closed up and only his real self comes out from time to time."
Minsoo chuckled at her words, "Interesting individual. Tell him that next time you wake up in his embrace. Sure the go-to word for a perfect flirt."
While Miyeon was fishing out her keys she couldn't help but to think back to the way she had woken up today. She was hugging him tightly while he had an arm draped around her while one hand was cupping her cheek, perfectly to add to that. It was like his hands were made to cup her cheeks if she approached it in a romantic way. His long and pretty fingers felt good against her skin and had been the first thing she had noticed that morning - until she realized in whose arms she was laying. At least to her defense her first thought of in whose embrace she was laying in hadn't been Wooshin but Minsoo, because it wasn't unusual for them to go to sleep like this since children age.
"Morning mom! Morning dad!", Miyeon greeted her parents as she quickly walked over to them to give them each a kiss. As she grabbed a small bottle of water from the refrigerator, the question out of all the questions came from her mother's lips in a worried tone, "Where have you been this past night? You didn't tell us you wouldn't come home after school."
Miyeon turned around to them, looking at their worried faces while her dad was sipping his coffee quietly. There was only one person that came to her mind instantly that they would accept and be okay with, "I was at Minsoo's.", she explained while he was still on the phone with her. She heard said one huff in annoyance through her phone due to her lie, but chose to ignore it. Her parent's tense shoulders dropped in relief and she was allowed to go upstairs.
"Why did you lie to them?", Minsoo asked in annoyance. "Because they don't even know about Wooshin's existence. I never told them about him and they would've questioned me a lot.", Miyeon explained quickly as she got rid of her shoes and jacket, throwing herself onto her bed and closing her eyes to finally rest more. At the other end of the line Minsoo took in a sharp breath, "You didn't tell them when Xiao introduced him as the new guy on our school?"
Miyeon laughed, more in some kind of bitter way. Back then she hadn't really cared about Wooshin since she was so focused on Xiao for months already. She had noticed that he looked good and different with his bright red hair back then, but she wasn't won over by looks only. She had wanted to get to know him as a friend, too, but he had never really initiated to talk to her or hang out with her alone. She had always thought they were the two most awkward and least close people within the whole group. How quickly all of this had changed. Followed after Minsoo, she felt like she was closest to Wooshin nowadays and he had become important enough to her that she even wanted to figure him out. Miyeon groaned in annoyance at her own thoughts and behavior. What was going on inside of her?
"I wasn't really interested in him when he first got to us, so why would I tell them?", Miyeon explained as nonchalantly as she could, because if she would have known about this other site about Wooshin and the reason why he was so closed-up, she would definitely tell them about the new guy at university.
Minsoo was so interested in these two, that he picked up every little word she said and fired it back at her. "Not interested in him when he first got to us. That sounds like your interest changed."
This time Miyeon had no funny or sarcastic comment to fire back at him and just threw her head back into her pillow. He had caught her and she had to freaking admit it to herself. Yes, she was interested in him and he made her feel things that were beyond friendship.
"You don't have to deny it, Yeon. I know you.", Minsoo further and she threatened him to hang up. "Okay, okay fine. I won't tell him you like him."

"She likes you back." Wooshin looked up from his photography as he had been scanning each picture for imperfections and sections he would need to change up for today's lessons. He was confused what Minsoo was talking about as the taller one looked at him with a big and warm smile. Wasn't he supposed to be at basketball practice now?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It's almost been three weeks since I've uploaded something wow! I currently don't really know where to go with this story like I have the whole plot written down and should know how it would continue, but it doesn't feel right and it feels unnatural so now I'm just completely unsure if I should continue this mess or not which makes updates appear slower
Thank you to everyone who clicked on this mess though.