Stitched up hearts

I shouldn't love you yet I do

"Taking in deep breaths is the best method.", Gyujin suggested to Wooshin as he was trying to light up the mood while stitching said one's wounded hand. It was odd that the dark haired had such a low pain tolerance today. He usually was the one where Gyujin was always wondering if he felt any pain at all. Sometimes he even thought he was doing something wrong due to the older showing no signs of pain and almost questioned his job. He was officially becoming a nurse in a nearby hospital through an apprenticeship. He was great at it and it was fun since he loved taking care of people yet today was a little bit rough. He was being taught how to handle patients in pain and how to make them calm down, but he didn't know how to handle Wooshin in pain. He was just not used to it.
"Do you really have to stitch it up?", Wooshin asked through clenching his teeth in pain as he kept on looking at his hand and the needle in Gyujin's hand. He was seriously wondering about his own behavior, too. Why was this hurting so much? Gyujin didn't give out an answer since he was finishing up the last few stitches, cutting the end of the strand with small scissors and knotting the end together. With a small sigh Gyujin looked up to Wooshin who was looking down to him due to the stretcher being higher than the stool Gyujin was sitting on.
"See? Already done! Now let me take a look at your face.", Gyujin said as cheerful as possible and smiled weakly at him. He admitted that he was tired from today, but he had to take care of his family first and then take care of himself. He had already finished up Jinhoo who had been the worst. Now only Wooshin and Bitto were left. Wooshin reluctantly complied as Gyujin grabbed some cotton, dipped it into clear liquid and carefully patted the bruise on his cheek and lips with it. Wooshin made a short grimace in pain, but quickly composed himself and decided to close his eyes to endure it.
As their little nurse, who Wooshin lovingly called Gyujin, was completely done with stitching him up he asked him about Jinhoo who was laying on a stretcher opposite of them. The blood from his body was gone, the shirt exchanged and the wounds covered yet his oldest friends still hadn't woken up. Wooshin kept on staring at their oldest friend, as if Jinhoo would be able to sense it and sit up, telling them he was only joking for the last hour. Jinhoo someone was always able to sense it when he was being stared at. During their shared school days Wooshin and him had always sat together in classes that Xiao and him hadn't shared. Their friendship had even started through staring. Because of former bullying said one had entered in the middle of the semester as a new student and for some odd reason Wooshin had had this desire to befriend him and, to the younger's surprise, just a few seconds after Wooshin had stared at him the, back then blonde guy, had locked eyes with him and instead of giving him a confused stare or something like that he warm smile spread on his face before he quickly looked back onto his notes. It turned out that Jinhoo was luckily a really extroverted person and walked up to Wooshin after that particular class, quickly becoming part of their circle of friends.
"He needs a lot of rest.", Gyujin explained as he had followed Wooshin's gaze and sat down next to him onto the stretcher, "I found a wound at the back of his head.", he added as he gestured to his own back of his head. Gyujin was someone who talked a lot with his hands and vivid images. Wooshin just smiled at him since he had always thought it was a cute quirk of the younger. He just wanted to distract him from the bad images in his head.
"They probably knocked him out with a gun which is where the scream you've heard might have come from.", he added and pressed his mouth into a thin line at the thought of what had happened to the oldest.
Wooshin just nodded at him yet he felt like his nerves had reached its breaking point today after the last couple of weeks having been so stressful because of Noir. He could tell that this time it had taken a toll on his mental health and he would need some time to get back to his usual professional side that could withstand a lot or he wouldn't be alive anymore by now.
"But I'm sure he'll wake up in a few hours or at least a day and then he will tell us the story!", Gyujin tried to reassure Wooshin as he could read the worry reflecting in his eyes. Same as earlier that day it wasn't his face that showed his feelings, yet if you knew him well enough you could read it in his eyes. They were filled with worry, confusion and hurt. Gyujin could tell there was a lot going on behind these sad eyes, but he was wise enough to not push someone like Wooshin. The older wasn't one to talk a lot about his feelings or open up to others. It wasn't like that he wasn't close with Wooshin or anything, said one was just really closed up in general. Trying to push someone like Wooshin into talking about his problems would just make him push further away. Silently Gyujin was hoping Xiao would talk to him later. Within his group of friends Xiao seemed to be the only one to get to him from time to time, the only one that was allowed both inside of his head and heart.
"I suggest you go home now and rest, too, so that your wounds can heal quickly. The next job is probably already around the corner.", the younger said as he patted the older's shoulder lightly before getting up. Wooshin followed suit, but stopped as he had to walk past Jinhoo. For the last time that day he looked at his friend, hoping to get a message from him soon.
"I'll drive you!", Xiao exclaimed excitedly as Wooshin and Gyujin had just gotten out of the infirmary. Despite all his negative feelings Wooshin couldn't help it but to smile because of their youngest. He was like his energy pill. Whatever had happened, whatever was going, Xiao was always on his side, always doing the most to make the older happy again. Everything to make him smile, sometimes even without considering his own feelings, Wooshin had noticed some time ago.
Wooshin agreed this time which Xiao hadn't expected at all since the older was always driving and hated giving his keys to someone else, but Wooshin had to admit to himself that he was way too exhausted from today and would put everyone and himself in danger if he would decide to drive.
As Gyujin was already walking over to an exhausted looking Bitto who was holding an ice pack against his cheek, Wooshin called out for him once more to which said one quickly looked over to him with expectation filling his features. "Please call me if he wakes up, okay?"
Xiao who was on Wooshin's side furrowed his eyebrows unwillingly as he side hugged him. He didn't like seeing Wooshin so worried. It's not like Xiao wasn't worried about Jinhoo either, but him and the oldest weren't that close compared to other gang members. It was just both odd and interesting to see Wooshin be so open about his feelings for someone.
It wasn't him to directly show or even voice his concern about someone. Gyujin smiled at him as he locked eyes with Xiao for a quick second. They were both thinking alike and Xiao just shrugged with his shoulders as he looked back at his best friend who even thanked Gyujin now before the left the hideout. Whatever it was, something was changing him. Maybe it was today's events or some person in his life that did this positive change to him yet as Xiao started the engine and looked over to Wooshin whom smiled for a quick second at his phone and then furiously typed in some quick message he was praying it wasn't Miyeon's fault. He wanted to be the one to change his best friend and crush for the better, not her.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello everyone! I'm so sorry it has been over a freaking week since the last update. My life got very tough again, I could barely write anything and I had to fall sick once again of course. I'm not very satisified with this chapter since not much isn't happening here, but stories need fillers and more chill chapters, right? Also it's not completely a filler looking at the last few sentences. I smell jealousy and character development.
The next few chapters will proceed with the actual storyline! Thank you for reading this mess.