Minghao was Expecting to go on a Date but Instead he’s Playing Dr.Phil… Kind of… Not Really... Wait, Dr.Phil Fixes Relationships right? I Don’t know I’m Making Up as I go.

I Should Be More Worried About What You're Doing And Any Normal Person Would Run But That Would Require Effort And I Honestly Can't Bring Myself To Care. It’s Not A Crush.

It was Wednesday, five minutes to 6 and Minghao was finally leaving his apartment. Thank Cupid and the fact Vernon said 6ish because the drive from his house to Vernon’s was more than 30 minutes depending on traffic. Minghao had trouble picking out something to wear. It's not like he had a fancy tux laying around, he didn't even have a dress shirt that fit him properly, so his outfit consisted of a white long sleeve shirt, a faded red jacket, black skinny jeans, and his cleanest pair of converse, which so happened to be the black converse that Jungkook decorated with a silver sharpe and white pen. Well there was no time like the present to appreciate the dude’s art. Minghao prayed that Vernon wouldn't question the muscular bunny on the side of his left shoe. It was 6:38 pm when Minghao finally pulled up to Vernon’s house. He walked up to the door and rang the bell, waiting nervously for it to open. The door swings open and Minghao finds himself being pulled into the house.

“Hey, Mingyu. Where are we going?” Minghao asked the taller dude.

“The kitchen, you want a drink?” Mingyu asked.

“I’m not sure, where’s Vernon?” Minghao was looking around the house as he was lead to the kitchen. It was covered in random art and fancy plants. The house looked like the stereotypical rich person house, until he saw it.

“What is that!” Minghao pulled his hand out of Mingyu’s grip and walks towards the unique art piece hanging on the wall. “Are you guys furries?” Minghao examined the ‘beautiful’ painting, it was an apomorphic gang of animals wearing matching leather biker jackets. There were 12 animals, the same amount of house attendants so this had to be a portrait of somesort.

“Shhhh, the others don’t know about this yet.” Mingyu whispered.

“What do mean!? How can they not notice this?” Minghao was shook.

“We’ve had the same art decor for so long, no one notices when one of the paintings are switched.” Mingyu was pulling Minghao towards the kitchen again, hoping no one in the house noticed them staring at the painting.

“So you’re a secret furry?” Minghao whispered.

“No, I just thought it would be funny… Plus it’s cute…” Mingyu mumbled.

“It’s okay, your secret is safe with me.” Minghao patted the taller’s shoulder.

“I’m not a furry.” Mingyu said harshly.

“Of course you aren’t.” Minghao winked at him, Mingyu just groaned as they finally entered the kitchen. It was huge, like someone could fit a whole party in this kitchen. Who needed a kitchen this big?

“Why is the kitchen so big? I could live in here.” Minghao was examining the fake fruit in a bowel. The fact there were bite marks on all of the fruit was concerning.

“Well a lot of people live here so we need room for everyone’s food. I’m pretty sure we have like 4 different types of milk in the fridge.” That makes sense… Minghao jumps when someone enters the kitchen.

“Oh, hello. I didn’t know you were here already.” The man said, he had a polite smile on his face but quickly glared at Mingyu.

“Yeah, I just arrived a few minutes ago.” Minghao replied awkwardly.

“That’s Jeonghan.” Mingyu whispered into Minghao’s ear, which caused Jeonghan’s glare to harden. Something was going on and Minghao didn’t know what. Minghao stood there while Mingyu and Jeonghan glared at eachother, like they were communicating telepathically.

“Come on Minghao.” Mingyu tugged Minghao out of the kitchen.

“Does Hansol even know he’s here?” Jeonghan yelled from the kitchen but Mingyu ignored him. Minghao quietly followed the taller into a bedroom he assumed was Mingyu’s. There were posters on the wall, model action figures on his shelves and the room was surprisingly spotless.

“So… What’s going on?” Minghao sat on the edge of the bed. Mingyu rolled his eyes and flopped down next to him.

“Vernon’s not even ready to go out yet so I’m entertaining you. The thing with Jeonghan was just him being a nosy .” Mingyu looked like a grumpy kitten and Minghao couldn’t help but giggle at him.

“What’s so funny?” Mingyu frowned.

“Sorry, it’s just- you look adorable when you’re being a grump.” Minghao poked Mingyu’s cheek.

“ you, man.” Mingyu slapped his hand away but he was smiling.

“Who’s Hansol? Jeonghan mentioned his name and I think you said it before?” Based on context clues Minghao knew the answer but he wanted to make sure.

“Oh… It’s Vernon’s first name. Some of us go by other names when it comes to outsiders. No offense.” Mingyu said.

“None taken. It makes sense.” Minghao shrugged. Hansol was a cute name. Before Minghao could continue with his questions, someone opened the door. The guy looked unhappy when he saw Minghao and simply left and closed the door loudly, not necessarily a slam but definitely had some force to it.

“Well… That was… Different?” Minghao offered with a confused smile, Mingyu just groaned and rubbed his face with his hands.

“That was Wonwoo and he’s being a huge baby.” Mingyu glared at the ceiling. “He’s probably going to tell Hansol that I’m trying to steal his date, just to start .”

“Are you guys fighting or something? I’m not trying to pry but it seems like you need a good vent.” Minghao frowned, it was weird seeing Mingyu this upset.

“You really want to listen?” Minghao nodded his head. “Alright, but first.” Mingyu got up to lock his door. “Gotta make sure no one interrupts us.” Mingyu wiggled his eyebrows suggestively causing Minghao to snort.

“Start where ever you want, I’m all ears.” Minghao sat on the bed criss cross and Mingyu laid down beside him.

“Well, doc it all started when Wonwoo and I got together. You see he used to date our other housemate, Jun, but they broke up a long time ago, like years ago. Wonwoo would try to get back with Jun but Jun always rejected him so I thought Wonwoo was finally over him when he and I started our relationship but I was dead wrong. When we first started dating Jun ignored us and there wasn’t a problem but after a while Jun started to hang out with Wonwoo again. I didn’t think anything of it at first, I thought they were going back to being friends or something but then I caught Wonwoo with his tongue shoved down Jun’s throat!” Mingyu was sitting up now.

“And he didn’t even apologize for it, he just brushed it off as some sort of ‘one last time before he moves on’ or some bull like that. What makes it worse is that no one was on my side! Everyone acted like it was completely understandable that he cheated on me and sometimes I think ‘yeah, I guess it makes sense,’ I mean Jun and Wonwoo were a thing for soooooo long and we don’t handle things like humans do but I don’t want logic I want someone to be pissed off with me! To understand how I feel.” Mingyu was interrupted by loud banging on his door.

“Oh My God Minghao! You’re so TIGHT around my !” Mingyu accented the statement with a loud groan, Minghao was glowing red and felt like steam was coming out of his ears. The banging on the door became stronger and it sounded like even more people were hitting it now. Minghao coughed a little into his hand and forced the blush away from his face.

“Where was I? Oh yeah, so I told Wonwoo if he gets to around with Jun than I get to around with other people too. Which is where we are now, everyone is paranoid whenever I’m with someone else and Wonwoo is being a baby. Jun is eating this up tho, it pisses me off.” Mingyu got off the bed and stood at the end of it, Minghao knew what was about to happen and he just rolled his eyes as Mingyu started to loudly bang the bed’s headboard against the wall.

“You know, I’m horrible with advise. I honestly think you should break up with the dude but seeing as you’re going so far just to make him feel bad for what he did, I assume you still want to be with him, so just have angry make up , Jun in the and figure it out from there.” The last part made Mingyu freeze.

“ Jun?” Mingyu squinted at Minghao. “ Jun? How did you know I wanted to Jun?”

“I didn’t know, I just thought it would be a fair trade. He ed Jun so you should be able to Jun too? Like that makes sense doesn’t it?” Before either of them could continue their conversation, the door was tore off its hinges. Mingyu was thrown onto the ground and Vernon was on top of him trying the stangle the taller. Minghao tried to pull Vernon off of him and surprisingly Vernon did. The younger dude pulled Minghao into his embrace.

“Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Di-”

“I’m fine, we didn’t do anything other than talk about stuff. He was banging the bed against the wall to with Wonwoo.” Minghao cut off Vernon’s spew of questions. He looked over to Mingyu to make sure the older was still alive but was met with Wonwoo’s glare and snarl, which caused Vernon to tighten his hold on Minghao and let out his own growl. Oh my god, they are ing furries. Minghao thought as he sat there in Vernon’s embrace.

“What’s going on in here.” Someone demanded. Minghao turned his head towards the voice and noticed a group of people gathered around the door.

“Oh… You know, just a casual chat.” Minghao laughed timidly but the man didn’t look amused at all. “Vernon?” Minghao looked to the younger for help but he was focused on Wonwoo.

“Seungkwan grab Vernon, DK grab Wonwoo, Jeonghan check on Mingyu.” The dude said, instantly people started to move to do what they were told. It took a bit of tugging and reassuring words but somehow everything worked out, Vernon and Wonwoo were taken out of the room to calm down, Mingyu regained consciousness and Minghao was awkwardly standing near the bed. The man who seemed to be the leader of their lil gang of people approached him.

“You want to tell me what happened? From the beginning preferably.”

“Why doesn’t anyone in this house introduce themselves.” Was the first thing that came out of Minghao’s mouth and the man sighed.

“I’m S.Coups.” Minghao snorted, what kind of name was that, at least the others had more believable names.

“Alright S.Coups, I’ll tell you what happened.” Minghao crossed his arms across his chest. “I rang the doorbell, Mingyu answered, he showed me the kitchen, I met Jeonghan, we went to Mingyu’s room, we talked, our conversation was cut short because someone was banging on the door, Mingyu pretended we were having , more banging on the door, we continued the chat, the door broke, Vernon was trying to kill Mingyu and you saw the rest.” The summary was short and to the point. S.Coups nodded his head and left the room, probably to deal with the other two. Minghao waddled to Mingyu and Jeonghan.

“How you feeling?” Minghao sat down next to Mingyu, ignoring the look he got from Jeonghan.

“I’m good, everyone’s over reacting. Let me borrow your lap, My head hurts.” Mingyu didn’t wait for an answer and rested his head in Minghao’s lap.

“This is what got you into this mess. Go rest in your bed and leave Minghao alone.” Jeonghan hissed at the other.

“No thanks, I’m comfy right here.” Mingyu replied, content with laying in Minghao’s lap. Jeonghan looked at Minghao but he just shrugged his shoulders, causing the older man to let out a frustrated groan. Jeonghan got up and left the room, not wanting to deal with the duo.

“This was a pretty good first date.” Minghao mused out loud.

“Oh , I forgot about the date. I’m so sorry!” Mingyu looked so upset for ruining Minghao’s date but the younger just ran his fingers through the older’s hair.

“It’s cool, we can try again another day.” Minghao and Mingyu sat in silence after that, relaxing from the chaos that happened moments ago.

“Are you two love birds still going at it?” A man said as he walked into the room.

“Shouldn’t you be humping Wonwoo’s leg or something?” Mingyu didn’t bother opening his eyes. Minghao assumed this was Jun, it’s a good thing he can read context clues or he would have been lost.

“Very mature of you and what about you, Minghao was it? What are you getting out of all this.” Jun gave Minghao a side glance but continued to examine the figures on Mingyu’s shelf.

“My bond with Mingyu has leveled up. We have a rank 6 friendship now.” Minghao stated with a serious face, Mingyu laughed.

“Does this mean you’ll finally text me?” Mingyu asked.

“I already told you it’s ing annoying to text on my ty phone, so you have to deal with the calls.” Minghao ed at him and Mingyu whined about how calling is inconvenient.

“I’ll buy you a smart phone and pay for the bill so you can text me… and only me. Hansol.” Mingyu pouted.

“Deal.” Minghao agreed.

“Really?” Mingyu asked with wide eyes and Minghao nodded.

“Wow, what a gold digger.” Jun sneered.

“Why the are you still here, LEAVE.” Mingyu pointed towards the door, Jun looked like he was going to say more but the glare Mingyu sent him was all it took for him to leave.

“Are you sure you’re cool with me getting you a phone?” Mingyu asked.

“Yeah, it’s not like I’m going to use it for anything other than texting you and maybe for work. Plus it’s your money and you don’t seem attached to it.” Minghao shrugged, he knew from an outsider’s perspective it looked like Minghao was using Mingyu but the younger knew that Mingyu really wanted to get Minghao a new phone so they could text. The older brings it up everytime he sees Minghao’s phone or they call each other. Minghao is finally giving up and letting Mingyu do whatever he wants.

“We’re getting matching phone cases and you can finally join all my clans and guilds in all the apps I play. I finally have someone to raid with!” Mingyu continued to happily ramble about the games he played and Minghao occasionally dropped some banter here and there. There was a knock on the door frame and Vernon poked his head into the room, growling slightly when he saw Mingyu’s head in Minghao’s lap.

“I thought you said you guys were friends.” Vernon hissed.

“We are, this is something friends do.” Minghao said calmly.

“Yeah, this is tame compared to what you and Seungkwan do.” Mingyu hissed back at Vernon.

“Oh ho ho ho, what type of scandalous things does Vernon do when I’m not around?” Minghao asked amused.

“They basically have .” Mingyu whispered loudly, Minghao gaspes.

“And he has the nerve to ask me out.” Minghao teased. “I’ll have you know that I’m not as forgiving as Mingyu is.” Minghao direated at Vernon with a serious voice and the younger understood the underlying message.

“I’m not like Wonwoo. Seungkwan and I are just friends, promise.” Vernon pleaded.

“I trust you.” Minghao gave Vernon a sweet smile. “If he ever cheats on me, you better tell me.” Minghao quickly whispers into Mingyu’s ear, who nods his head. “So are we finally going on our date?” Minghao asks.

“You still want to go on a date? It’s late…” Vernon fidgets a bit.

“I didn’t get the day off to not go on a date.” Minghao looks at the clock on the wall. “And it’s only 8:30 there’s plenty of things we can do.” Minghao gently lifted Mingyu’s head off his lap and the older sat up. Vernon held his hand out to Minghao and pulled him up. Mingyu takes both of their offered hands and Vernon apologizes for hurting him as they walk to the door.

“It’s cool man, I was expecting it to happen.” Mingyu shrugged and Vernon calls him a .

“Mingyu.” Wonwoo called his name, they share a look and Mingyu rolls his eyes unimpressed.

“See you guys later.” Mingyu said.

“Good luck.” Minghao replied and Vernon nodded his head.

“You think he’s going to be okay?” Minghao asked as they walked to his car.

“Mingyu is going to be fine. He’ll be smothered by Wonwoo after they talk, but Wonwoo will probably hate you for a while, even though it was Mingyu’s fault this happened.” Vernon answered, still bitter about the prank Mingyu pulled. Minghao nodded his head.

“Well, that’s enough about them, lets enjoy our date.” Minghao smiled and opened his passenger door for Vernon.

“What a gentleman.” Vernon sat down and Minghao closed the door before entering the drivers side.

“Where to my honeydude?” Minghao asked then blushed when Vernon grabbed his hand.

“There’s a nice restaurant a few blocks from here we can go to.” Minghao started up his car and the two drove off into the night.