Well This Explains a lot of Things and I Don’t Care What You do for a Living as Long as I can be Apart of it… I Mean What? Haha I Didn’t Say Anything, Unless You’re Interested in going on a Date with Me, Than I Said What I Said.

I Should Be More Worried About What You're Doing And Any Normal Person Would Run But That Would Require Effort And I Honestly Can't Bring Myself To Care. It’s Not A Crush.

Vernon paused when they entered the warehouse, he coughed loudly into his hand. Everyone in the warehouse looked at him, even the woman who was still crying but she was gagged with some cloth now.

“Guess who found Eunae!” Vernon held her above his head Lion King style.

“This guy!” Minghao pointed his thumbs at himself, then he spotted someone he didn’t expect to see. “You!” Minghao pointed at Mingyu.

“Me!” Mingyu walked up to Minghao to greet him, they do that generic dude greeting where they grab each other’s hand and then chest bump, ending it with a friendly dab. Someone clears his throat behind Mingyu and he looks at Vernon with a silent question that Minghao can’t quite decipher.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m handling it. Trust me.” Vernon hands Eunae to Mingyu and tugs Minghao towards one of the side rooms. Mingyu waves goodbye and Minghao waves back.

“How do you know Mingyu?” Vernon asks when he closes the door behind them.

“That’s really the first question you want to ask?” Minghao raised his eyebrow at the younger.

“Yes.” Vernon said coldly.

“We work together. He also delivers pizzas and he eats a ton of brownies everyday. I’m surprised he’s not fat.” Minghao answers simply.

“So that’s where he’s going.” Vernon mumbled under breath. “How close are you to?”

“What? Are you jealous?” Minghao chuckled when the younger blushed. “We’re friends. Sometimes we hang out during our breaks and we eat together, that’s pretty much it.” The answer seemed to please Vernon and Minghao snorted.

“So… Do you have any questions?” Vernon asked.

“Can I get some of the food I delivered?” Minghao asks and Vernon lifts one of his eyebrows. “What? I haven’t eaten dinner and I’m hungry.” Vernon rolled his eyes but he left the room. Minghao could hear muffled voices, they were probably talking about him. Vernon came back with two paper plates with food on them.

“You would think after years of eating the same food, I’d be sick of it but nope, it’s still the best.” Minghao practically inhaled a pizza slice.

“Are you curious about what’s going to happen to you?” Vernon asked darkly.

“I have a pretty good idea.” Those six words made Vernon go from cartoon movie villain to  adorable confused puppy.

“H-how?”

“Dude you make me deliver Pizza to the most murdery places plus I saw that guy, Jaekwan, chained to the ground in the living room and assumed you were a cult or something.” Minghao wiped his hands onto his pants.

“You knew him?” Vernon asked hesitantly.

“We went to school school together.” This conversation was making Minghao uncomfortable, he didn’t like talking about his school life.

“Was he… One of your friends?” Vernon asked so quietly Minghao almost missed the question.

“Nah I hated the dude, he… and his friends… They really ed with my life I guess.” Minghao tries to push away the memories of Jungkook getting shoved off the bridge and Yugyeom laying face down in his own vomit and Jaehyun breaking down as he slowly wasted away and BamBam saying goodbye with a blank face and WinWin disappearing from the face of the earth.  

“Oh… Well I’m glad I killed him.” Minghao didn’t realize he was shaking until Vernon wrapped his arm around his shoulders. They sat in silence and Minghao slowly calmed down.

 

“You know for someone who might die tonight, you’re offly calm.” Vernon said amusingly, changing the subject in hopes to take Minghao’s mind off Jaekwan.

“I like to go with the flow.” Minghao shrugged his shoulders, thankful for the change in tone.

“Okay but you’re really chill with all this, like too chill... I mean… I murder people, most people would be scared or try calling for help but you… You’re Different.” Vernon looked cross between confused, nervous, and a little relieved.

“Ehhh, I can’t be bothered plus you’re cute- I mean I like you- no wait I like your money- no that came out wrong... I-I- Nevermind…” Minghao was a stuttering, blushing mess. He briefly thought about going out to the main room and beg to be ended on the spot.

“You wanna go on a date?” Vernon asked casually.

“Really?” Vernon nodded with a charming smile. “Yeah!... I mean yes, I would like that.” Minghao sat up straight and folded his hands in his lap, looking very prim and proper. Expect the delivery boy uniform ruined it.

“How about Wednesday? Around 6ish. You can pick me up at the house.” Minghao nodded and made a note to write it down somewhere when he gets home.

“Man, I haven’t been on a date since, never.” Minghao chuckled.

“Really? Why not?” Vernon asked.

“When my parents kicked me out, I went through a huge party boi phase until the money ran out. Then it was work work work and I haven’t had any sort of social interaction expect for work… Man I sound pathetic.” Minghao laughed bitterly.

“This just means I have to plan the perfect date.” Vernon patted Minghao on the back. “It’ll be so great that you’ll propose to me on the spot.”

“I doubt it but I’ll think about moving you to boyfriend status.” Minghao laughed.

“Good enough.” Vernon nodded. Minghao was about to say something but a yawn came out instead -man he shouldn't have skipped his nap-. He didn’t realize how tired he was and Vernon was so warm.

“I’mma take a nap. Wake me up in like 15 minutes.” Minghao muttered as he rested his head against Vernon’s shoulder.

“Wow, most people buy me dinner before sleeping with me.” Vernon teased and Minghao smacked him gently. Vernon chuckled when Minghao started snoring softly, he really did pass out. The door suddenly opened and Seungcheol walked in.

“Did you make a decision?”

“I have a date on Wednesday.” Seungcheol sighed. “Trust meeee.” Vernon whined and Seungcheol put his hands up in surrender.

“Okay, okay but-”

“I know, I know, if hits the fan, you told me so.” Vernon groaned quietly, trying his best not to disturb a sleeping Minghao. The younger knew these kinds of relationships never work out for any of his friends but Minghao was different from most people. He was willing to make this work, even if it lasts for a little while