There’s a First for Everything… I Mean Love is Overrated… Oh, Looks a Distraction Over There, Behind You. What Do You Mean Nothing's There? Look Harder.

I Should Be More Worried About What You're Doing And Any Normal Person Would Run But That Would Require Effort And I Honestly Can't Bring Myself To Care. It’s Not A Crush.

“Another day, another delivery.” Minghao said as he took a swig from his flat soda. Angela laughed before sliding a plastic bowl filled with spaghetti towards him. Minghao raised his eyebrow at her and she smiled at him.

“It’s a new recipe. Kind of… I guess it’s more of an update?” Angela tilted her head to the side. “Grandpa wanted to change up the classic sauce so customers don’t get bored of our pasta and pizza.” Minghao nodded his head and tworlled the long noodles around his fork. He couldn’t taste a difference at first but after a few bites he noticed the slight change in the spices. Or maybe he was making stuff up, but Mr.Angelo seemed pleased by Minghao’s answer so he counted it as a win. Minghao was ready to call it a night when Angela walked up to him with a guilty smile and black delivery bag in her hands. He sighed but took the bag from her with a smile.

“Thank you.” She said quietly.

“No problem, just doing my job.” Minghao bid her good night and walked out to his car. The drive was around 25 minutes and the house was quite large, Minghao was definity in the richer part of the city. The path way leading to the house was unnecessarily long and decorated with random shrubbery. Minghao rang the doorbell and it played some classical song he’s heard at some point in his life. The door opened and Minghao was a deer caught in the headlights. The man standing in the doorway watched him, waiting for him to say something… WAITING for Minghao to SAY something…

“I have 3 large pizzas for… Vernon?” Minghao snapped out of his trance.

“That’s me.” Minghao almost dropped the pizzas when Vernon smiled at him.

“Thank you for ordering from Angelo’s Moden Pizza, have a nice night.” Minghao said after he handed the pizzas over and quickly walked away from the house… From the hot dude. God damn it brain, this needs to stop. Minghao drove back home and tried to forget this Vernon guy.

Sadly Minghao couldn’t forget about Vernon because he made another order two days later. Minghao shifted from foot to foot as he waited for Vernon to answer the door. He perked up when the door open and saw Vernon’s smiling face.

“5 large pizzas for Vernon?” Minghao opened the top box and waited for the man to nod his head. Minghao closed the box and handed all the pizzas over to Vernon.

“Wait.” Vernon said when Minghao turned to leave, he placed the pizzas down to fish his wallet out of his pocket. “You left before I could tip you last time.” Vernon chuckled and handed Minghao a few bills.

“Thanks, I hope you order from us again.” Minghao said with a small bow.

“I probably will.” Vernon answered with a smirk before he finally closed the door. Those three words made Minghao blush but he blamed it on the cold winter air. It wasn’t until he was home that he looked at the tip Vernon gave him. He stared at the 108,000₩(~$100) looking back at him. Minghao brain short circuited but quickly came back online. With this money he would be able to pay his rent this month and maybe even have a little left over. God, Minghao loved rich people. Sure they were usually stingy with their money but if they tipped they tipped well… Most of the time… Sometimes? If they wanted to feel better about themselves and do a ‘good’ deed. Minghao placed the money inside a beat up shoe box in his closet, he would pay his rent then place everything leftover into his bank account so he could pay the rest of his bills and have some cash on his card again.

A few weeks fly by and Minghao learns that Vernon: always tips 55,000₩(~$50) no matter the order, he has two large black dogs with edgy spike collars, he has a cat that Minghao has never seen, he lives with eleven other guys, he is one year younger than Minghao, he secretly likes pineapple on his pizza, and he always orders just before closing. Normally Minghao would have told the guy to off because he hated when people ordered 3 minutes before closing but with Vernon he let it slide. Only because Vernon was sort of like Minghao’s honeydude at this point and nothing else.

Minghao was half way to Vernon’s house when he noticed the address was different, he made a u-turn and the voice navigation. This new location was much farther than normal and seemed to be empty except for a lone house behind some hills.

“I hope this is the right place.” Minghao muttered under his breath as he walked up the porch steps, thankfully the porch lights were on. He knocked on the door and waited, rocking back and forth on his heels. The door opened and Minghao let out a sigh of relief when Vernon smiled at him.

“4 pizzas, 2 orders of cheesy rolls, 3 orders of brownies and what is up with the spooky house?” Minghao laughed as he handed Vernon the stack of boxes. Vernon placed the food on a nearby table and returned to Minghao.

“Haha, I’m house watching for my grandma. I’m glad you were willing to drive all the way out here.” Vernon leaned against the door frame while Minghao fought off his blush. “I thought I was going to starve to death.”

“Well I can’t have my honeydude die on me, now can I?” Minghao snorted, then regretted what he just said. Way to go Minghao, tell the cute dude that you like him for his money.

“Honeydude?” Vernon looked at him with confused puppy eyes.

“I’ll tell you when you’re older.” Minghao patted the younger’s shoulder.

“You know I’m just going to google it when you leave right?” Vernon pouted but handed Minghao his usual tip.

“But I’ll be gone when you do.” Minghao turned around and started walking back to his car. “Have a nice night.” He remembered to say last minute.

“You too.” Came Vernon’s soft voice before he closed the door.

“Another day, another great tip.” If this kept going, Minghao wouldn’t have to worry about rent for a while, plus he gets to see Vernon… Minghao quickly shook his head, stop thinking about Vernon, brain.

The next time Minghao delivered pizza to Vernon, he pulled up to a large warehouse. It was warehouse 5C to be exact and this time Minghao thought something had to be wrong but he still walked up to the small side door and knocked. To his surprise Vernon answered the door with a goofy grin.

“2 large Pizzas, 1 order of breadsticks, 2 orders of garlic knots, 6 orders of cookies and this warehouse yard, field thing is creepy as .” Minghao said as he handed the boxes to Vernon, who chuckled and handed them to someone else.

“Yeah, sorry about that. One of my friends like to throw parties here sometimes.” Vernon rubbed his neck embarrassedly. “Well it’s more of a get together than a party.”

“Whatever floats his boat I guess.” Minghao mumbled and Vernon laughed quietly.

“Oh yeah, you’re tip.” Vernon handed him the money with a wink and Minghao swore he was about to die. “I made sure to increase it.”

“You don’t have to do that.” Minghao told him quickly.

“Please, I have to make sure my honeybaby is spoiled.” Vernon batted his eyes at him and Minghao groaned.

“You actually googled it?”

“Right when you left. I like the term when you use it.” Vernon said with a coy smile on his face and Minghao didn’t know how to interpret it so he just winged it.

“Well, my darling honeydude, it seems that I must take my leave.” Minghao batted his eyes and blew a kiss at Vernon as he walked away. He giggled when Vernon caught the kiss and placed it in his pocket before walking back inside the warehouse. Minghao sat down in his car and banged his head against the steering wheel. “What the is wrong with me!” He groaned and started up his car. Welp, no use questioning his sanity right now, Minghao decided to stop by the 24 hour gas station near his apartment and was pleasantly surprised when the ugly three legged cat limps towards him. Minghao quickly went inside to buy some drinks, snacks, and ‘high quality’ cat food so he could spend some time with his mostly furry friend.

“I haven’t seen you in ages, where have you been?” Minghao asked as he petted the cat. He cooed when the cat started to make cute sounds as it ate the food. Maybe one day he would be able to take the cat home and give it a good warm bed but for now he let the cat be a free wandering spirit.

 

(A/N): A Honeydude is basically a Sugardaddy without the . In case anyone was wondering.