Jealousy

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Yeon's POV

 

It has been a week since the last time Taemin went to visit me because he's taking care of Mina. When I first heard of what happened to her, I can't help but feel guilty. If I didn't started this lie, she'll never had to leave. But now that she's back, I hope they never found her in the woods. Maybe Taemin will spend his time with me and my child right now. He will be the one personally checking on me and I'll get more than just a phone call. 

 

I know it's wrong to feel this way, but I can't help but feel bad that he's spending more time with Mina instead of me who is carrying his child. I became used to our set up where he would drop by to check on me. But with Mina back, everything changed.

 

Taemin's absence made me realize that I no longer see him as a friend. He is no longer just someone I'm deceiving just to secure my baby's health & safety. He's been so good to me, he is caring and I can't help but fall for him. He is so different from my ex. 

 

I was startled when I heard the doorbell. I'm not expecting the groceries today because it was delivered yesterday. I was surprised to see Taemin when I opened the door. I was so happy to see him that I didn't think before I enveloped him in  hug. I only realize my mistake when I felt him stiffened, not able to return my hug. I am so embarrased that I couldn't look at him when I released him. 

 

"W-Why are you here? I thought.." I can't finish my sentence as the words taste so bitter. I thought he'll be with Mina.

"I decided to drop by because I need to talk to you." he said as he sits on the sofa. I wanted to stay close so instead of sitting on the chair across him, I chose to sit on the same sofa still leaving a space between us.

 

"Have you eaten already? It's almost time for dinner." I asked him, I cooked stew for dinner and I hope he can join me this time. I feel lonely eating alone.

 

"Mina's waiting for me at home, she already prepared dinner." he said without a clue on how irritated I am hearing her name again.

 

"I see." i tried my best to hide my irritation. Mina again! It's way better when she's not with Taemin. 

 

"Ji Yeon, I'm actually here to tell you something. I wanted to share the good news with you." he seems excited. I wonder what makes him this happy and I'm also happy that he is sharing it with me. I felt that somehow we've been close in the past months, we can talk about anything everytime he'll visit me though it will always be a short one because of his busy schedule. Maybe there's a chance that he'll feel the same towards me. 

 

"Mina and I, we are having a baby." he was so happy telling me the supposed to be good news. I can see the joy in his eyes,the opposite of what I saw when I told him about my pregnancy. Though it is a lie, I was still hurt. He must have seen it in my eyes but thought it was because I'm worried.

 

"But don't worry about our child, I will treat her or him equally. Even Mina, she'll treat our child well, I can promise you that. We've talked about it and she already accepted everything. She's the best, isn't she? I don't even deserve her." I can feel hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter