Now or Never

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warm air blowing on his cheeks woke Taemin up. Confused, he turned his head to the source of such warmth. He was greeted by the face he never thought he'd woke up to. With her eyes closed, her long and thick lashes more defined, the tiny nose that is now touching with his own and her lips only a breath away from his made his heart flutter. He looked around at the unfamiliar room. But with his head throbbing, he decided to close his eyes again for a moment.

After some time, trying not to stir the woman sleeping beside him, he slowly and carefully inspected himself. Though shirtless, his jeans are still intact.

"What happened?" 

He was trying to remember last night when he felt her moving. He froze thinking she'll be awake in no time. But instead, an arm s around him and her pretty face rested on his chest as she made her way in to his arms. She's wearing a white shirt, her lower body covered with the light blue comforter that they share.

Her smooth skin against his bare chest felt heavenly. At the same time, he was afraid his heartbeat would wake her up. Surrendering, he closed his eyes, feeling her warm embrace, knowing it will only last until she wakes up. He felt warm all over as if this is where he belongs, beside her. As his thoughts wander, darkness envelops him again.

Taemin's POV

Rays of sunlight blinded me when I tried to open my eyes. I reached to the other side of the bed hoping she's still there but my hand touched nothing but the cold bedsheet. No trace of her on the bed. Is it just a dream? It probably is. Remembering why I got drunk last night, i felt a fang inside my chest. She belongs to someone else. I have no right to think about her this way much more to dream of her like that.

I rolled on the bed, burying my face on the pillow. It smells so good just like a baby, so fresh. Just like how she smells in my dream. 

Wait. Could it be..

"Taemin.." I slowly turn my head to look at the woman standing at the doorway. There she stood looking at me, for real. 

"I'm glad you're awake." she averted her gaze when I roll on my back and tried to sit down. Realizing I'm half , I pulled on the comforter to cover myself. Not that I'm not confident with my body, I actually spend most of my time at the gym lately & somehow all the hardworks are paying off. But she is too shy to look at me without my shirt. And I want nothing more than her eyes on me right now.

"Mina.." my voice stilll hoarse.

"You can freshen up first, I got some clothes from my brother, I hope they fit. The shower's that way." she pointed to the door inside the room.

"I'll wait for you downstairs, let's have breakfast." she smiled sweetly before closing the door. Leaving me speechless.

I roamed my eyes inside the room, blue is the most prominent color. From the curtains, to the furnitures and even the comforter that's covering my body is the lightest shade of blue. I looked at the bedside table and I saw some picture frames.

One of them is a family picture. Parents on each side, I rec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter