The Cold Son

His cold heart and his broken heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

jeno was reading a novel inside his fancy study room, he sighed, peaceful. He heard footsteps but he doesn’t react when the door of his large study room opened up revealing his cousin who waves a hi towards him, jeno nods, acknowledging his presence. “hey bro, I got some news for you man”, his supposedly right arm and cousin mark reports, jeno puts his book down, sighed and ran his fingers through his blond hair “is this about jisung again? I swear…” mark laughs “chill bro it’s not about that brat it’s an arrangement your father sent for you” jeno slumps backs in his big leather chair looking up at the chandelier above him “is he trying to set me up with those snail brained spoiled children of the neighboring dynasties again?” mark sighs, “yes” jeno replies emotionless and cold just like the way he talks when he is serious “then him I’m not pairing myself up with some dumb bimbos” mark sighed once more “its an order from your father jeno” jeno keeps quiet and mumbled a fine and then he asks mark about his trip to Kwangju and such.

Jeno is someone who is precious to mark, mark is jeno’s father’s brother’s son they had been friends forever since childhood, jeno can only be himself when he is around the people he love and trust and only a few amount of people are there in his life that he acknowledged mark looks and treats jeno and jisung his cousins as his real younger brother who always would take care of them, jisung is a troublemaker whose has always and always will be in trouble, as the youngest mark and jeno sometimes would have a hard time covering his and not let the trouble he caused reach to their parents’ ears, jeno was known to have a cold and stoic personality he is known as “The Cold Son” but mark and jisung sees right through his hard demeanor, jisung may be cheeky and disrespectful most of the times, he truly care about his family, jeno can change his ways and personalities according to the type of business they dealt in he can be a gentleman, cruel, manipulative and unpredictable at times but mark always knew that they were just ways jeno protects himself from the feelings of attachment and affection. Mark still remembers when they were small jeno would smile and laugh loudly, they would run around causing mischief all around their houses jeno’s eye smile that is charming and endearing, jeno was such a happy little boy with a happy life until one fine day, when mark was brought into his uncle minho’s house he found jeno sitting on the floor of a room filled with toys, he didn’t touch a toy he was playing with a pendant on his hand and when he turns to look at mark all his happiness were drained out from his eyes, they were empty those eye smiles were gone, jeno used to love toys mark would try to cheer him up with jeno’s favorite toy car, a fire truck he would shout “subangcha!!!” like they used to but now what he received a dead silence. After his mother’s death, jeno’s life was changed drastically, the happy little smiling boy was gone and years later they were like that personality never existed, only replaced by the dragon family crest of the Lee imprinted on his chest and a cold and stoic personality with a hatred for his own father. Mark sighed, he can’t stop feeling sorry for his dear cousin because how he is and how he acts were not his fault, watching your own father killing your mother in front of your own eyes is the trauma that can last a lifetime, his mother’s love and good words crested on his brain seemed to be fully exploited and replaced by his father’s cruel and heartless teachings. That’s why the only thing mark can ever do is just to be there for him, just to be a brother to him that he needs.

` “The Lee dynasty was a huge powerful and feared crime gang, their terrorities almost cover the one third of Korea and there are even rumors that they have capitals from china, USA and Thailand. The founder of the Lee dynasty was the great great grandfather of Lee minho, who is the current crime boss of the gang, Lee Minho is known to “The heartless emperor” and jeno is his successor the father and son planned strategies with the leaders, they make a great team, their knowledge and great intellectual and logic of the Lee dynasty is what always makes them one step ahead of the others, the said father and son are powerful but they never looked at each other in the eye ever, jeno’s father gave jeno the harsh and the most cruel lesson ever when jeno was 15 years old he gave jeno a small task jeno the amateur he was failed and jeno’s father beat him up with his whip for the whole night and people all over the building could hear jeno screaming and groaning in pain, he has to learn minho used to think to get used to pain and never let feelings get in between business, the next day mark found jeno in his room his body bloody with scars but the family crest still engraved on his chest, the beating scars never healed.

Jisung burst through the door and mark scolds him again about manners but the brat only blows the chewing gum he chewed on mark’s face, mark sighs and jeno ignored, going back to his book until jisun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter