VI. HOW TO FEEL

MY GHOST... JIMIN [Kookmin] 👻 👻 👻

  He wakes up & find no one beside him,he should have seen it coming,it was only his imagination.Because he can't accept that Jimin is gone he made himself believe that his still here.The reason why he don't wanna get close to anyone was because his afraid that he will be left alone again,it hurts so much he doesn't know if he can take it if he was left behind again.

    But all the fears he had was disregarded when he met the ghost,it's so pathetic for him to be attached of all,it has to be a ghost,a wandering soul that will vanished once they let go of what they hold on in the world of the living,why Jimin?


 He never thought Jimin will break down all the walls he sets up to guard his heart,never thought he would care for him so deeply.That he knew he won't be able to let go of him,he can't imagine losing him,he can't bare that.

  He was selfish,he wished that the ghost won't be able to do his unfinished business that's the reason why he never lets him out of the house.Jimin was so kind,selfless & understanding,no matter how bad his behavior towards him he didn't get angry at him at all.At first,he tried to push him away,to stop getting close to him but the ghost was relentless,he wouldn't just go away & he really wants someone to be with,Jimin became that someone.

 

He became a very important part of Jungkook's life,he was vital for the human to keep living on.


   "I'll be going now..." He can't stand to hear that,no,he doesn't wanna hear those words out from Jimin's pretty lips.

THE SOUND of closing door reached Jungkook's ears while he pretend to sleep under the sheet.

 

    A few minutes later,footsteps going to his bed's direction was what he heard next.

 
"So how long are you gonna pretend sleeping,Jungkook?Jimin went out already so get up now,it's Monday,means school again." Hoseok knows well that Jungkook can hear him clearly.

 

 
  Jungkook just make a protesting sound still upset,he doesn't feel like going to school,maybe he shouldn't then went to the park?That sounds a good idea to him.


 

"I can't believe you're acting like this just because Jimin went to his work!You don't expect him to stay here all day & do nothing,he will get bored."Hoseok just shook his head,Jungkook was like this since Sunday afternoon when Jimin got a call that he was accepted to the job he applied for.

 

   Jimin was so excited contrary to the younger that was sulking,he protested,even beg for Jimin not to accept the job with his reasoning,


  "Why need to work,you can just stay here & wait for us to be home.I have a part time job anyway,I can provide for you."

  Hoseok saw how Jimin looks at him pleading to side him which he did because Jungkook was being absurd.JIMIN is not a bird for goodness sake!

 

  In the end,he helps Jimin prepare some things to take like a spare of clothes & so on while the other refused to talk to them that's up until now is what his doing.


  'Such a brat!'

  Jimin assured him that Jungkook will get over it in no time.He can see how excited the other was but he can't help but feel restless as well so he also asked the other if his sure going on his own,just some whine from Jimin & he never asked him again.He was happy seeing his excitement so he only warn him to always be careful,he gives their contact numbers to him just incase.

 

  They went to bed early,even though Jungkook rarely talked he still held onto Jimin in sleep & even kissed him goodnight.

 

   The next morning,Hoseok knew that Jungkook was still upset,Jimin wakes up early for work,with all the commotion around Jungkook pretend to be asleep.

 

  "Hobi hyung,I'll be going...." Jimin stops & looked at the closed room door,he knows Jungkook will be fine in time.


  "Take care,Jimin." Hoseok waved to him.

  "See you later,Kookie." Jimin went out & slowly closed the door.

    Hoseok sighed & decided to check up the childish boy.He waits for Jungkook to get up.

  "Hyung,I don't feel like going to school."

    He raised his brow,"Then what?Bother Jimin on his first day of work?" He pretty knows exactly what's going on in the other's head right now.

  "No....well maybe I can help him?"

   "No,Jungkook.You already skipped school for a couple of days,now get up.We are going together to school,that way I'm sure you will not cause trouble in Jimin's work."

  "Hyung!my first class starts at 10 am today & it's only 7 am!"

  "So?You have plenty of time to study the lessons you missed."

  Jungkook got up with a grunt,he got no choice.When they received the call yesterday,he wants to decline it but Jimin happily takes the phone to answer.

 

  He was against it,he preferred if Jimin would just stay at home like how he used to when he was a ghost but to his horror,the other was so excited for his first work as human.It's as if he was anticipating the call,when Jimin didn't agree with his idea he gets mad but he can't opposed more when Hobi hyung sides to Jimin.

 

    As it turns out he refused to talk to them,it was childish but he wasn't really ready for Jimin to be out on his own.He was scared he got recognized,more specifically the one he looks like to.They need to know who's the Human first but Jimin won't cooperate,he even takes hats,eyeglasses & mask with him,he said so that he can't be recognized & he have nothing to worry about.He admit he finds it cute when he was trying to assured him.


  'But I still want to be with him more!'

   If Jimin would just stay for a few days at home,he wouldn't be against of him working out.

  With a pout he drags his body to the bathroom.

  Taehyung throw a hard punch at his opponent's gut.He & some of their gang members were hanging out on a bar that Sunday night when a group of stray thugs came up to them & motioned for them to get out for some fun.

 

  He was in a practically bad mood that night,some fighting might eased his stress.

 

  He was menacing,what or who caused it,the other's won't dare to ask.

 

 
  Taehyung was pissed since Saturday,he asked for Jimin to stay in his house,he thought for once he listened only to find out he was not in the room he left him at that night more of when he don't bring his phone to wherever he went out to.

 

 
'That bastard!Where did he go now?'
 
  
He gave a hard kick to his side,he ordered the others to stay out of his fight,currently he was against 6 men.

 

  "All you got was a big mouth,huh?" He smirk at them.He received a couple of punches already but it's nothing hard.He was used to street fight plus he was a black belter,how can his opponent harm him?

 

  So far,the 6 guys received a couple of hits from him but he praised their strong spirits to fight.He needs to let out his anger or else he might hurt whoever he lays his eyes first.


   'Jimin I swear,you will get an earful from me so you must come back soon...'

  He was not surprised at all when Jimin gone missing,he gets like this from time to time.

 

  The guys decided to attack him all at once,he dodge some punches & hit back,he knows they will play dirty soon so he expected when one of them grab his hands & bend them to his back,stopping his movements,he saw any moment & his gang will act up but he silently stops them with a look they know better.Dare interfere & you will be the receiving end of it.


His gang members stays still,more afraid of Taehyung.

   He gets some punches,on his stomach,chest & face,he felt dizziness as he let them for awhile.


   "Whose all talk now huh!" One said that must be the leader,loving how bruised the other was.

  He smirk again raising his head,"Got confident cause you caught me?"Before the other guys can react he kicks the nearest to him causing the guy behind him to loose balance,he used his elbow against his jaw.It didn't take long before he takes them all down,writhing in pain.


  His gang cheers for him.

" You low thugs think you can take PHANTOM huh?Never ever..."

   The fight somehow eased some of his stress.

    Monday,another no show from Jimin,he knows the other is capable to protect himself but Taehyung was concerned,lately Jimin was not on his good state.But he tried to disregard his thoughts,Jimin might be resting somewhere he don't know.

 

  He considered him a dear friend but he still haven't known him that much,Jimin was the type to closed himself from others,he never let's his emotion take better of himself,his always cool headed.He might be a little terrible to others but he was respected,he never once bully anyone,not those that cowards away from him the instant they saw him,he was more into those people that so full of themselves,he likes to teach them a lesson,wants them to kneel in front of the one who truly rule above them.

 

  For Taehyung,Jimin was a special friend,he could've not careless about him but he decided to be with him.Jimin saved him,he have save him a couple of times.

 

     Ten year old Taehyung hits the floor,he was going to his class that morning,he was new in the school,second day & no one talks to him at all,he was somewhat different anyway,he have large glasses & brace,he was deemed a 'nerd' so no one wants to be friends with him.


  The other kid he bumps with was catch by his friends.

  "How dare you bump with me!" He can tell his Furious,Taehyung got up & bow, although he was walking at the side & this group of friends were just taking up the hallway as if its their own,he still the one to apologize.


   "I'm sorry."

  "You better be,next time I won't let it pass."The kid purposely shove him aside but he lets him be.His friends follow him but the last one just passed him,he glanced at him & go.

 

 
   He adapted to his new school,he will spend his middle school years in here because his dad decided to settle at the city for his business.

 

  That one incident of him being harassed led to him being the favorite toy of this 'famous kids',he frequently became the laughing stock of the school, its hard,him being different was treated badly.Sometimes he find himself crying at an empty bathroom after being beaten,the teachers know what's his going through but takes a blind eye.


  He was crying so hard when someone enters, he have seen him quite a lot, he was part of them but he never participate in bullying him.

  "They got you good,your still not quitting?"

  Its the first time he talks to him,he doesn't sound concerned at all just asking.

  "Quitters are Losers..." He whispered wiping his tears,he was a man, he shouldn't cry in front of others.

The kid chuckled,"So you think your stronger than them?That they will quit bullying you?"

 

  He didn't answered,he slowly get up from where he was crouching.His whole body hurts,the only part of him that's not bruised was his face.

 

  "Tell you what,they won't stop at all,in fact they love it so it's up to you.You seemed fit for fighting why don't you try?"

 

  He was left alone after the boy advised him to go to infirmary.He was puzzled by the boy,his friends were the reason why his hurt but his advising him to fight back.

 

  Taehyung didn't listen at all,until the following year,it continues but lessen,when the leader seemed guy was not around,the others don't bother him that much,he thinks it was the kid's doing,maybe he pitied him.

 

  One afternoon,he was going to the library when he happened to pass a couple of high school kids crowding someone,the high-school building was far from their's so his wondering what they're doing here.


He was cautious while going near them, hiding behind the wall.

  "You think you owns the school,huh,you kids should learn how to respect the elders." The guy was gripping the collar of someone from his grade,that he was sure.


  "Talks as if 'you' are great,not to me when you have 4 guys with you." He recognized that voice.He was sure its the kid.

  'Why is he fighting with high school students?He was so smol compared to them!'

  "You er!"

  He heard the sound of someone being hit,the kid flown to the nearby trash bin.

  "You fits there!"

  His eyes widen when they saw the kid smirks as if challenging the other.

  "That's all you got?"He wipes the blood from his lower lip & get up.He was at the disadvantage but he still looks confident.


   'What an idiot!' If its him,he would already begging to be spare.

Apparently,the guys were also irritated by the kid's manner.

  The kid was being beaten,its unfair,he have no match to others, Taehyung decided to turn away,he had enough of his bruised,he can't be thinking of helping the kid.

 

  "Huh,cowards,you take on someone you knows can't fight you back." The kid was struggling to get up,Taehyung face them again.


   "I will take over the gang from you."

  The more he speaks the angrier the other's get.He was going to be beaten up again,before he knew it,Taehyung was already shoving the guy that was about to punch the kid.

 

  They were startled when he came out of nowhere,he gives punches on each of them when they attack him.

 

  When he was done making them sleep,he rushed to the kid who slumps on the floor,blood was oozing from his head, he gently picks him up.


   "You sure know how to fight." Murmured the kid,impressed.

    "And you sure are an idiot, taking them knowing you won't stand a chance!"

  He snorts, "I can take those lowlife."

   "Yeah,that's why you're beaten,right?" He asked sarcastically.

  They were near the infirmary,he will just drop him there.

   "You can take them so why not your bullies?"

   "Violence is bad,we must not hurt others."

   "Idiot,sometimes you need to hurt others,you will not gain if you won't give...."

  The following days,the kid was out of sight & when he came back fully recovered after a week,Taehyung was as surprised as everyone else in the canteen hall when the kid joins his table.

 

  He incredulously look at him as his eating not bothered with everyone's eyes on them.


   "What are you doing?"

  "Eating?"

  "But why here?" He glanced at the table where their group usually sits,he can see the dark expression of their leader.

   "Why not,you are my savior I must repay you."

  Those words were said without really meaning it but it stills make him happy.But he was afraid that his friends will get angry at him.


   Although he made an effort to be friends, the kid might get bullied as well if he stays with him.

  "You don't have to thank me,you should go to your friends." He hopes his convincing enough.


  The other sigh,"What's your name?"

  "Huh? I am Kim Taehyung."

  He throws an apple to him he barely catch, "I'm Park Jimin."

Again his shocked.

  "P-Park Jimin?!"

  "Yeah." Jimin got up & leaves him gapping, he has all the reasons to be surprised.

   That name sounded so good to be true.

   Tuesday, Jimin was still not around, it became a hot topic around,everyone was curious why they haven't seen the Prince at all.

 

More than anyone else,Taehyung was the one who really wanted to know where Jimin could have gone to.

 

  He was tempted to call Jimin's brother,but his sure the other would get angry at him if he does.Jimin doesn't want anything to do with his family.

 

     A week later,he made a call to Jimin's brother,it's been so long he haven't heard from the other.He was ready with the consequences once Jimin found out what he did.

 

  He ended the call.He was sitting on a bench in the park watching the setting sun.

 

  "Excuse me." A chirp voice got his attention, looking beside him,he saw a bunny mascot handing him a drink.


  He just stare at him then at the drink.

  "This was a banana milk,you can have it."

  "Why?"

  The mascot tilts his head, "Just.... You looks sad so...."

 He placed his fist under his chin & stare at him. "So you give every sad looking person a free drink?"


  He takes the bottle his handing him.

  "No!You just..."

    "Got hots for me?" He smirk,he knows his good looking,maybe this guy was hitting on him.

 

   "What?I'm just concerned about you,you idiot!" Based from his high voice,Taehyung can picture a flustered face under the mascot.


" Okay. "

" Give it back! "

  " Huh? "

"Give that back, you don't deserve a free drink. "He crossed his costume hands.

  The gesture makes him smile a little.

  " Nope,you already give this to me so it's mine. "

  " You--never mind. "the bunny guy turns around.

  " Bunny, what's your name? "

  The mascot stops & face him again,his hands on either side.

  " Jimin, you ungrateful brat. "

The mascot leaves him,he was taken a back then looks at the drink.

 
  'You always giving me something, Jimin.'

  JIMIN was tensed when he get to the store.

  
"Oh,Park Jimin." A fairly young guy approached him.

 
  He have not seen this guy before plus he have his 'disguised' so no one should've recognized him or the human he was now.How did this human even know his name?


   'I should have listened to Jungkook.' He gets a little scared.

  "I'm sorry,I forgot you met me when I'm in a costume,the one in the bunny mascot."

  He sighed in relief.
  "Ohh."

  "I'm Jae by the way,boss wanted to meet you so make sure to give a good first impression." He encouraged him as he leads the way to a door where office was written.


  He knocks & waited.

"Come in."

    He steps inside,a chubby guy nearly 40 's was facing him.

  "Good morning, sir, I'm Park Jimin." He nearly stammer but good thing he dont as he bow.

  "Yeah, I've been told.I'm glad you would like to take a job most teens your age doesn't want."

  Well technically his not like any other 'kid' his age this days now but no one had to know about that.

  "Does that mean...."

  "I wanna welcome you,kid.The job would not be that hard,you got paid weekly so it depends on how long you will work for a day."

   "Thank you,Sir...." He haven't get his name yet.

  
  "Just Mr.Bang,Jimin."

   "Thank you,Mr.Bang!"

   So it's official,Jimin got his very first job as a human,Jae patiently helps him to understand how the job goes,he also gives him the bunny mascot he will wear.

 

   "I only work here Mon,Wed & Sat.It's a great job, Mr.Bang pays you when you're done.It helps a lot for me since I'm a working student."

 

   He tried his costume,he likes it.This should be a convenient work for him.He checked his bag,the essentials for his job were the printouts of their products & some samples.


   Jimin tried some of the drinks,fruit flavored milk tea,it tastes good & also good for the health.

  He decided that the best place to promote was the park so headed that way.

   When Jimin was out,his co worker calls someone.

     Jae has a sickening smile,"Guess who I have met,you will thank me,Taemin."

    The day was so long for Jungkook,his last class photography has started.He haven't check his camera for quite a while.

 

  He was browsing the photos when he saw a particular picture.The one photo he takes when he thought he saw Jimin before.


   Now that he was looking at the picture,he was sure enough,it's really him.

    'The real 'human' Jimin.'

  He has no doubt,the one he takes a photo of is the real human that Jimin takes over.Observing thoroughly,he spots the difference already.

  The guy had a dirty blonde hair compare to 'Jimin' who had a black one.Their face were totally the same but giving off different vibes.Jimin radiates happiness,his eyes were so beautiful & innocent.He has a boyish charm while the guy at the photo was the total opposite.He was looking directly into the camera,his eyes were bored,no sign of glee.He even looked scary,his whole appearance scream confidence,authority over others.

 
  To Jungkook,he really is a different person.Someone he shouldn't have crossed around.He was puzzled how a guy like him can be Jimin's reincarnation, if he really is.

  They are totally different from each other,one is a day while the other is a night.

     He should start figuring out who is that person,he can start at the guy next to Jimin.He has a unique appearance,almost the same vibes like the human Jimin.Jungkook thinks it'll be easier for him to know him,with appearance,he must be pretty popular.


   'I'll start with him.'

    The age must be the same with Jimin,around early 20's,which makes them both seniors.It will he a little difficult,the senior hall is a restricted place for other year level.The easiest place to start searching was the canteen hall,then maybe the library,the oval,spots were students usually hang outs.


    'Canteen first.'

   He should have done that during the lunch break earlier,now that it's near the ending of his class so is the seniors classes.Depending with curricular activities of students, some stays longer in the school than others.

 

 
       After class he rushed to the school's parking lot,he stayed aside.He mostly paid attention to students getting to their cars.

 

  Rich kids don't usually attend club activities so he assumes they were the first to get out of school.


   'More privilege kids usually have the nearest parking space,that's a sure thing.'

      Students start pouring out the main halls,he was observant,because he can see ghosts he got used to being cautious around him.People will find him strange if he talks out of the blue,ghost confront him anywhere,anytime once they realized he can see them.

 

      As he gets older he learned to ignore them,he won't look in their eyes & just pass them.Ghosts stops pestering him that much,he guessed it's when Jimin came to him.Ever since they've met,he was rarely bothered by his kind,if he has something to do with it,he didn't know.

 

  
       He haven't seen the specific guy his looking for,if he for instance is not attending his school then it will be a lot of trouble,finding someone connected to Jimin might be harder in that case.

 

      The crowd of students splits,suddenly there's a wide opening,everyone was on the side as if waiting for someone.

 

     'Must be some kind of celebrity?' Celebrities always cause commotion,he find nothing interesting about them anyway so can't understand why people was like worshiping them or something.


        He can hear squealing of girls from the halls inside,soon a group of senior boys came out.

    
       They all look dangerous,like some bullies or gang members,the types to beat random people.One more thing,they dont look average guys,with expensive clothes & vibes they must be rich kids.Those kinds that spend a lot of money for wasteful things.

 

    Through the crowd of them,Jungkook recognized someone,he really stood out compared to others.


  'It's him!The one at the photo.'

      He looks more striking in person,even better looking than any celebrity he sees in their school so far.

 

       But no matter how good he looks he also can't hide the bad aura coming from him,just like the one he took photo of,his eyes were also one that has boredom with them.Serious face,aloof & unreadable who doesn't seem to care around him.

 

         His chances of approaching him seemed impossible,he was hoping he can at least talk to him in some way so he can figure out who is 'Jimin'.


       "I guessed I can't talk to him,not if I don't want to be beaten." He doesn't look like someone he can approach.

   "Jungkook?"

  He turned around & saw Hobi hyung curiously looking at him.

      "What are you doing here?"

    "Hobi hyung,uhm,nothing I just passed by."

   "Okay,you're going home?"

   "Not yet,I'm going to Jimin's work."

  "Alright,just don't bother him.I have dance club today so I'll be home late."

    That's a good thing for him though.He smiled & starts walking off.He will try his luck next time.